Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Leicester Lions 4pm 20/06/21

29 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

First off are you on the drink? Its hard to tell with you being so illiterate... if so go to sleep we are trying to have a sensible conversation on here and you and sensible are two words that don't go together...

Second off I had an agency call me today for a reference for you...

Told them you were smart intelligent dashing and handsome and the woman said I'm just looking for an HGV driver not someone to marry... so good luck on the job front...

Finally you have just text me aswell and no "on ice" "gone" unless there is someone out there who wants to take it on

If Rob got 800 to a 1000 fans saying Monday he would give it a go in the current environment Steve or moving could be back on the cards because ARC are being total pains.. 

Good point TG never thought of that...

Didn't stop near 650 of them last Sunday...

Do you really... some valid points but I have my doubts...

Spot on and good point bit the kids could always come with the dad for a day out...

This meeting is definitely running and if it got rained off you get your cash back straight away... the booking company are independent and don't release the money until the meeting has been completed so it's as good as being in the bank...

Regards 

THJ 

Nope not on the sherry T.total ISH tonight & cheers for the reference & also got me driving not reading glasses on so nee apologizes needed ha

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Nope not on the sherry T.total ISH tonight & cheers for the reference & also got me driving not reading glasses on so nee apologizes needed ha

Your never sensible lol

Bottom line is this...

120ish tickets sold and 92 season ticket holders whose money was lost on the liquidation will just about pay for the stadium rent and the medical cover...

The Gems might go before this meeting... there are some difficult and potential costly decissions to make unless there are another 400 tickets sales pulled in Father's Day or not.  

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Sad 1

Shame the Gems look first in line for the chop, if anything i was expecting Newcastle to step down to the NDL and see how that handled? There are plenty of claims that fans back the national league squad (although few want to pay the additional to view it). Obviously no idea how it stacks up with the steep rent and costs but rider deals are significantly lower. Mega offers to the likes of BWD wont have helped the situation but the current teams in both divisions are far from inspiring. 

On line tickets are safer than paying cash on the door. If the event doesn't go ahead you get an automatic refund. Remember rain off tickets ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Shame the Gems look first in line for the chop, if anything i was expecting Newcastle to step down to the NDL and see how that handled? There are plenty of claims that fans back the national league squad (although few want to pay the additional to view it). Obviously no idea how it stacks up with the steep rent and costs but rider deals are significantly lower. Mega offers to the likes of BWD wont have helped the situation but the current teams in both divisions are far from inspiring. 

I agree, most fans will pay to watch NDL if thats the only thing on offer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Didn't stop near 650 of them last Sunday...

Aye but John, 21st June was meant to be the golden carrot. For a little while now its been rumoured that it wouldn't happen and, if you carry on dangling the carrot, eventually the donkey will work it out that it's never gonna reach it. 

So, just another 4 weeks, 15 months after the original 3 weeks?,,, its barmy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it’s time for everyone to get together and try their best to to save this speedway club! Forget about who sacked who, the team is too weak I’m not going and all that crap it’s pretty clear now that speedway might just end for good in Newcastle come on everybody do what you can to save this great club make a donation buy a ticket for Sunday every little helps. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye but John, 21st June was meant to be the golden carrot. For a little while now its been rumoured that it wouldn't happen and, if you carry on dangling the carrot, eventually the donkey will work it out that it's never gonna reach it. 

So, just another 4 weeks, 15 months after the original 3 weeks?,,, its barmy. 

What as was trying to say John, was that this pandemic thing is possibly affecting folk in different ways, financially, physically or mentally.  It may effect what folk will/can't do and, a further month delay won't help. I for one, am finding my Sundays difficult to do under current restrictions, but will do what I can for another month, but say restrictions was gonna go all the way till the end of the season, a can't say I could.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What as was trying to say John, was that this pandemic thing is possibly affecting folk in different ways, financially, physically or mentally.  It may effect what folk will/can't do and, a further month delay won't help. I for one, am finding my Sundays difficult to do under current restrictions, but will do what I can for another month, but say restrictions was gonna go all the way till the end of the season, a can't say I could.

Honestly

I think there will be some form of restrictions to live with until next spring and maybe longer... face masks and social distancing will be around long after these restrictions are lifted... this is the new normal possibly... and we are going to have to get on with it...

Regards

T HJ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I have to admit that you may be onto something there. I think that the whole lockdown has partially reconditioned people to stay away from crowds, stay home etc. This along with a reassessment of what people genuinely enjoy doing verses what was done out of habit is affecting many clubs. I do feel that the majority of supporters who attend just once will get bitten by the bug and return on a regular basis but in order for that to happen it might take a little extra incentive rather than average teams on show and limited home success. 

I deeply admire Rob Grants efforts at Newcastle and feel for him greatly due to the situation he has been put in/left in/dumped in and i certainly don't want to see another track close but more drastic changes are needed than the use it or lose it calls, many have already made the decision to keep away, what are the things that would bring them back?

• Thanks 1

The problem is there has probably only been an average of about 600 diehards who will go each week before covid.. and now it seems to be even less if we can’t sell out for what looks like a cracking match.

We can’t afford to lose our beloved Diamonds so it’s time to back the team of underdogs and enjoy the victories that come. 
We have thankfully finally got rid of the old promotion so it’s time to back the new one and after this season hopefully we will be able to bring in even better riders and as Granty has always said he wants success.

It would be a shame for the gems as I think they had a chance of winning the league and have looked good this season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The problem is there has probably only been an average of about 600 diehards who will go each week before covid.. and now it seems to be even less if we can’t sell out for what looks like a cracking match.

We can’t afford to lose our beloved Diamonds so it’s time to back the team of underdogs and enjoy the victories that come. 
We have thankfully finally got rid of the old promotion so it’s time to back the new one and after this season hopefully we will be able to bring in even better riders and as Granty has always said he wants success.

It would be a shame for the gems as I think they had a chance of winning the league and have looked good this season.

600 sounds an iffy figure to be running at CL level without strong sponsorship to top up the difference. There are plenty of NL teams that run at those figures and do so successfully. Im not saying that it would be wide spread popular but surely the Gems side is more sustainable even in the short term? I know season tickets have been sold for a CL team (and that monies gone) but would a step down be well enough received? Yes there would be plenty who no longer go but those in the Gems team at least have some affinity with the club rather than the brought in mercenaries that populate the middle tier.

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

600 sounds an iffy figure to be running at CL level without strong sponsorship to top up the difference. There are plenty of NL teams that run at those figures and do so successfully. Im not saying that it would be wide spread popular but surely the Gems side is more sustainable even in the short term? I know season tickets have been sold for a CL team (and that monies gone) but would a step down be well enough received? Yes there would be plenty who no longer go but those in the Gems team at least have some affinity with the club rather than the brought in mercenaries that populate the middle tier.

Unfortunately I don’t think they would, many years ago when we had a brilliant gems team there was never a great crowd.

On Sunday I know some people on here have said it took a little while in between matches but at least half if not more of the crowd started drifting away. 
It’s a shame as it was a decent match.

Hopefully we can get to the end of the season and these restrictions will finally get removed so we can go back to normal.

Unfortunately unless your a diehard I think people just tend to either go now and again or they will go and watch other sports. Some people will only go and watch successful / ambitious teams ie South Shields and hebburn in the football for about £7 per match.
 Now is the time Granty and the boys need us more than ever.. with Worrall in on Sunday , nice weather, Father’s Day.. have a night at the speedway and support the underdog! 

• Thanks 1