British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Leicester Lions 4pm 20/06/21

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I think there will be some form of restrictions to live with until next spring and maybe longer... face masks and social distancing will be around long after these restrictions are lifted... this is the new normal possibly... and we are going to have to get on with it...

Regards

T HJ 

Totally agree, honestly,,,  but depending on what restrictions are/will be in place will affect everyone on a different level. 

32 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Totally agree, honestly,,,  but depending on what restrictions are/will be in place will affect everyone on a different level. 

Sadly i think you are very correct its just that some clubs will be able to struggle on for longer than others. Those that are/were operating much closer to the break point have been hit first but its coming for all. Until ALL of those who promote teams can get together and work out a genuine unified way forward (rather than the survival of the strongest) things will continue this way. One by one teams are falling by the wayside and even those that are sustainable for now will struggle when there are fewer teams left in each league.

• Thanks 1

Taken from Joe Alcock Racing ......so unfortunately my time with the diamonds has come to an end I enjoyed the 3 meetings I did for them thanks to everyone that has helped me get to this point

Edited by KEITH M

43 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Taken from Joe Alcock Racing ......so unfortunately my time with the diamonds has come to an end I enjoyed the 3 meetings I did for them thanks to everyone that has helped me get to this point

So it looks like we are getting a replacement for Joe at No7... sad state of affairs... and now Wolves have put their licence on ice whose next?

Its something that maybe Rob should consider... 

Regards
THJ

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So it looks like we are getting a replacement for Joe at No7... sad state of affairs... and now Wolves have put their licence on ice whose next?

Its something that maybe Rob should consider... 

Regards

Looks like Robs trying everything but I do fear the worst. 2 more home meetings against less attractive teams than Leicester ( No disrespect to Plymouth and Scunthorpe before 19th July. Will pay on the gate return after this date? I do feel for Rob he’s been up against it since day 1.

13 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Shame the Gems look first in line for the chop, if anything i was expecting Newcastle to step down to the NDL and see how that handled? There are plenty of claims that fans back the national league squad (although few want to pay the additional to view it). Obviously no idea how it stacks up with the steep rent and costs but rider deals are significantly lower. Mega offers to the likes of BWD wont have helped the situation but the current teams in both divisions are far from inspiring. 

NDL wouldn't be sustainable at Newcastle for the reasons you have put... the fixed costs would kill it... rent; medical; security etc... the way speedway is going if you don't have your own stadium its not sustainable unless you can guarantee the crowds which are also dying on their proverbial backsides so what can the promotion do? they cant go out and drag people in off the streets and then you will have the "I really miss the Speedway now its gone" brigade spouting off on here... well if you don't attend that's what happens as I have been through this before with Workington... people need to get off their backsides and come along... buy a ticket and give this new promotion a chance... if you sit back and wait for a final of some description like many fair-weather Worky fans did rolling up for finals and packing the place out for one night but not bothering throughout the rest of the year is no good... if you don't buy stuff from a corner shop it shuts that's business I'm afraid...

3 minutes ago, MrP said:

Looks like Robs trying everything but I do fear the worst. 2 more home meetings against less attractive teams than Leicester ( No disrespect to Plymouth and Scunthorpe before 19th July. Will pay on the gate return after this date? I do feel for Rob he’s been up against it since day 1.

So Ice the job until July 19th and then give it a go... but will one of the restrictions that remains in place after this date be track and trace rules  so everyone has to sign in or use an app on there phone; or will it still be on line booking... its just another hurdle to put people off to me but the situation isn't very good at all... and I am only guessing what might happen but I cant honestly see the government just saying on July 19th... Jobs a good un people fill ya boots everything is back to normal... carry on regardless!!! 

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To me there’s no doubt just turning up on the night and paying at the gate is having an effect.(I know it’s the rules) Problem is nothing going to change soon by the looks of it,and clubs suffering will struggle to survive.IMO

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

To me there’s no doubt just turning up on the night and paying at the gate is having an effect.(I know it’s the rules) Problem is nothing going to change soon by the looks of it,and clubs suffering will struggle to survive.IMO

It's the same as booking a slot for a pint, the novelty will soon wear off.

Lateral flow tests are free why can’t they test people like they’re doing with other sports? Also there was lots of talk about Vaccination certificates to allow people to mix who’d been fully vaccinated. Surely there’s a way to allow more people to attend speedway. Lots of venues that do track and trace don’t necessarily need you to check in via an app. Surely this could be put in place for the more senior supporters. I realise it would mean more work but would it not be worth it?

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

Joe got a chance that many others would have loved due to his connections. Didn't work out for him but thats speedway.  I can only think Archie is the replacement.  

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

To me there’s no doubt just turning up on the night and paying at the gate is having an effect.(I know it’s the rules) Problem is nothing going to change soon by the looks of it, and clubs suffering will struggle to survive. IMO

Honestly... totally valid point IMO too

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It's the same as booking a slot for a pint, the novelty will soon wear off.

Whoa there Biffa steady on; that novelty will never wear off on this fat lad...

25 minutes ago, MrP said:

Lateral flow tests are free why can’t they test people like they’re doing with other sports? Also there was lots of talk about Vaccination certificates to allow people to mix who’d been fully vaccinated. Surely there’s a way to allow more people to attend speedway. Lots of venues that do track and trace don’t necessarily need you to check in via an app. Surely this could be put in place for the more senior supporters. I realise it would mean more work but would it not be worth it?

Tell ARC racing as they are also setting their own rules on top of Local Government and Boris and it is more work and I am not sure it is worth it to be fair; however if people had of got the vaccine when they were told and done as they were told from day one and stayed away from each other we may have been further done the track (pardon the pun) but they cant follow rules and its a mental block many Brits have; do you not realise we have won two world wars (and one world cup) to have these freedoms... please don't get me started... but while I am here... if we started testing prior to meetings at Brough you would still get somebody coming up at the last minute before tapes up and expect you to wait until their test results come through... then it will be oh two hours to run a meeting how awful... nearly a good idea but not really...

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Joe got a chance that many others would have loved due to his connections. Didn't work out for him but that's speedway.  I can only think Archie is the replacement.  

Think again cos it ain't Archie...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

Already got my ticket, sponsor a Gems heat and will stick some more into the JustGiving page but I’m retired and there is a limit to what I can do. Sorry. 

Come on folks. Save the Diamonds.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

This not being able to pay at the gate rule is confusing me. We were at Edinburgh last Friday and I'm sure most people were paying on the gate. Leicester say you must buy your tickets in advance. Scunthorpe only recommend it.

I assume there may be national rules but it appears individual clubs in England are either making their own rules or they are dictated to by the local authority.

Edit: P.S. We've already bought our tickets online for Sunday's match

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

This not being able to pay at the gate rule is confusing me. We were at Edinburgh last Friday and I'm sure most people were paying on the gate. Leicester say you must buy your tickets in advance. Scunthorpe only recommend it.

I assume there may be national rules but it appears individual clubs in England are either making their own rules or they are dictated to by the local authority.

It's always been quoted that clubs are running to local authority rules.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, False dawn said:

4 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

It's always been quoted that clubs are running to local authority rules.

Pre- booked ticket only admission at Armadale.