British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Leicester Lions 4pm 20/06/21

Ignore the troll…

At another club they give a phone number to ring to pre book your ticket , give your details for COVID rules and you simply collect your ticket, sign,  and put your cash in a bucket at a dedicated turnstile. 
It can be done with a little thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe a ticket office at the car park?

Maybe I just think they should at least try to see if there were enough interest. If like a lot are suggesting the more senior supporters are being put off by online sales it may well bring a few more through the turnstiles. A simple phone, order and delivery service wouldn’t be hard to do and  would only require a small outlay on tickets and petrol .

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Ignore the troll…

At another club they give a phone number to ring to pre book your ticket , give your details for COVID rules and you simply collect your ticket, sign,  and put your cash in a bucket at a dedicated turnstile. 
It can be done with a little thought.

A think you may be overlooking the point that some folk aren't happy/easy pre-booking they're ticket.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Once these guys pay their cash on the gate do they then sign in for track and trace (or use the NHS app to sign in on their phone)?

The original issue at Birmingham for ARC was once people paid on the gate a pinch point was caused in the stadium with fans having to sign in and social distancing went right out of the window...

If fans are being allowed in anywhere without using a track and trace system the venue are breaking current Covid regulations...

If this is the case it also shows the disparity in how different local authorities are managing the process... it also shows the benefits of owning (or having control) of your own stadium and not having a landlord imposing further restrictions on your operations

Regards

THJ  

You have to give name & contact number before entering the stadium.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think you may be overlooking the point that some folk aren't happy/easy pre-booking they're ticket.

By making a phone call ?…Really ? Upto 2 hours before the start of the meeting ?

If that’s the case , they do have issues !

13 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

By making a phone call ?…Really ? Upto 2 hours before the start of the meeting ?

Simplicity is the hardest thing to do.

24 minutes ago, MrP said:

Maybe I just think they should at least try to see if there were enough interest. If like a lot are suggesting the more senior supporters are being put off by online sales it may well bring a few more through the turnstiles. A simple phone, order and delivery service wouldn’t be hard to do and  would only require a small outlay on tickets and petrol .

16 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Many folk don't like change, stuck in they're ways and that,,, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Many folk don't like change, stuck in they're ways and that,,, 

If that’s the case then I think if I were the owner I’d put things on hold until I knew what was happening with restrictions etc. If restrictions aren’t relaxed and I had to run with the numbers coming through the gates I’d cut my losses and close down. 

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Only at Newcastle it seems.

If you look at the bigger picture, you might add Birmingham, Poole and Wolves to that list, who all seem to be hit by running under current restrictions, not sure if they have the same problems tho?

23 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If you look at the bigger picture, you might add Birmingham, Poole and Wolves to that list, who all seem to be hit by running under current restrictions, not sure if they have the same problems tho?

Wolves and Poole aren't being hit with the same problems. They are selling out but still can't make enough money as the capacity is too low. Newcastle and Birmingham seem to be struggling to sell tickets full stop. But both seem to be ignoring other avenues to sell tickets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Wolves and Poole aren't being hit with the same problems. They are selling out but still can't make enough money as the capacity is too low. Newcastle and Birmingham seem to be struggling to sell tickets full stop. But both seem to be ignoring other avenues to sell tickets.

Newcastle and Birmingham may have different restrictions/regulations in place, as to how they can sell tickets. 

35 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Newcastle and Birmingham may have different restrictions/regulations in place, as to how they can sell tickets. 

Same owners aren’t they? Just different councils.

ARC will allow zero risk to the running of the dogs. That is their core business.

Hopefully a better crowd next week to welcome back Bjarne

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

ARC will allow zero risk to the running of the dogs. That is their core business.

Hopefully a better crowd next week to welcome back Bjarne

Interesting that next weeks meeting isn't promoted any where in the Race Day Magazine (again), apart from on the fixture list page. a former Newcastle Legend, GP winner, and (possibly) a former World Champion, yet it's deemed not worthy enough to warrant a mention in their own publication. Do these owners have ANY idea how to promote? 

Barry did mention it once during the meeting. Noticeably a start time was obvious by it's absence.