British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Leicester Lions 4pm 20/06/21

3 minutes ago, leander said:

I saw an item on facebook about a week ago (Newcastle supporters site) where someone went on the trybooking site to book tickets and the site says the event was closed. The answer was that there are two events listed with the Leicester match on and you needed to click on the 2nd one. How many people, I wonder, have just seen the "Event closed" and just assumed that it was either cancelled or full. Not everybody does facebook.

That at least explains why I couldn't book tickets, but it is pathetic. As a result I now have a ticket for Scunny instead.

• Like 1

I doubt that the club have any influence on how the Try.booking site is set up.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Trust me, they have every influence. At Redcar we have our own guy from event genius who deals with all our problems and sets everything up how we want it

• Thanks 1

jack parkinson Blackbird replaces joe Alcock

Edited by mac101

mac101, have a look at the topic on Newcastle Diamonds 2021 and you will see that they have replaced Joe Alcock with Jack Parkinson Blackburn 

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Thanks 1

As a fairly casual supporter these days but still a speedway fanatic of over 40 years and also fairly computer and internet literate, i am totally aware of the meeting on Sunday vs Leicester, yet would have no idea how to purchase a ticket. The official website for the club is utterly useless directing me to an old meeting from years ago, the SGB website gives no clue either. You would have to be very determined to go about this process and realistic view has to be that most casual supporters are simply not. If i could pay on the gate or easily buy a ticket on the day i might probably go on Sunday. But i will need it to be clear and easy to do while also probably just deciding on the day. This must improve and it is the responsibilty of the promotion to do so. They are running a speedway club not an almost secret charity that it is virtually impossible to support. This post will no doubt receive critic from the ultra loyal diehard supporters on here, they being pretty much the only ones keeping things going for now an they are to be respected for that, but they should also consider this viewpoint from a typical casual or lapsed speedway fan, while also wondering how on earth a new supporter could possibly be lured in these times or indeed in (hopefully) the future.

Edited by nmagee72

For anyone trying to book tickets for the Leicester meeting on Sunday please follow this link

http://Www.trybooking.co.uk/BCCY

We are in the process of trying to upload the try booking software to our actual website but it's proving quite technically difficult. 

Apologies to all if you haven't had access to fb or twitter to find out the link. 

Hope this helps for those who are trying to book 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSSG said:

For anyone trying to book tickets for the Leicester meeting on Sunday please follow this link

http://Www.trybooking.co.uk/BCCY

We are in the process of trying to upload the try booking software to our actual website but it's proving quite technically difficult. 

Apologies to all if you haven't had access to fb or twitter to find out the link. 

Hope this helps for those who are trying to book 

Well it's not like you haven't had things to get it sorted at short notice .. so I'll be turning up with my season ticket on Sunday whether I have the booking ticket or not with me just as I did for the Edinburgh match  & I wasn't even asked to show the booking ticket 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

8 hours ago, mac101 said:

jack parkinson Blackbird replaces joe Alcock

Blackburn.

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

To be fair, if they havent tested it themselves to see how easy it is (or not), I would suggest it is not a great plan..

Your business is basically at the mercy of how simple this process is so you would make 100% sure it is fit for purpose and accessible to everyone without any need to second guess..

When several potential customers have already said they are struggling to use it (and been lost), then you need to "influence" the process (and very quickly)...

10 hours ago, nmagee72 said:

As a fairly casual supporter these days but still a speedway fanatic of over 40 years and also fairly computer and internet literate, i am totally aware of the meeting on Sunday vs Leicester, yet would have no idea how to purchase a ticket. The official website for the club is utterly useless directing me to an old meeting from years ago, the SGB website gives no clue either. You would have to be very determined to go about this process and realistic view has to be that most casual supporters are simply not. If i could pay on the gate or easily buy a ticket on the day i might probably go on Sunday. But i will need it to be clear and easy to do while also probably just deciding on the day. This must improve and it is the responsibilty of the promotion to do so. They are running a speedway club not an almost secret charity that it is virtually impossible to support. This post will no doubt receive critic from the ultra loyal diehard supporters on here, they being pretty much the only ones keeping things going for now an they are to be respected for that, but they should also consider this viewpoint from a typical casual or lapsed speedway fan, while also wondering how on earth a new supporter could possibly be lured in these times or indeed in (hopefully) the future.

I am in exactly the same situation, a supporter of over 45 years, who was thinking of possibly going on Sunday but has other commitments so cannot make a decision until the last minute.  I have also been a sponsor (in a very small way) for many years including this year, through my own IT company.  If I didnt follow this forum, I would have no idea how to book a ticket.  All that is needed is a link to trybooking from the home page of the web site, I dont understand why software needs to be uploaded to get this to work.  The web site is the key to driving bookings not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. 

Edited by mitchf
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, mitchf said:

I am in exactly the same situation, a supporter of over 45 years, who was thinking of possibly going on Sunday but has other commitments so cannot make a decision until the last minute.  I have also been a sponsor (in a very small way) for many years including this year, through my own IT company.  If I didnt follow this forum, I would have no idea how to book a ticket.  All that is needed is a link to trybooking from the home page of the web site, I dont understand why software needs to be uploaded to get this to work.  The web site is the key to driving bookings not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. 

I've been telling them that ever since Edinburgh tickets went on sale 5 weeks ago, but nobody takes any notice. Now they are in a mess because they aren't selling enough tickets. It can't be that difficult. If it is then they need to get a new web host/ manager. (there is a link on the ticket office page now, but it's very faint and mostly obliterated by the page header). 

IT SHOULD BE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS. It's their source of financial income, though wouldn't think it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, leander said:

I've been telling them that ever since Edinburgh tickets went on sale 5 weeks ago, but nobody takes any notice. Now they are in a mess because they aren't selling enough tickets. It can't be that difficult. If it is then they need to get a new web host/ manager. (there is a link on the ticket office page now, but it's very faint and mostly obliterated by the page header). 

IT SHOULD BE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS. It's their source of financial income, though wouldn't think it. 

doesn't any fan have a shop or outlet to purchase tix in person? May help the less tech savvy

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

I presume the Gems v Cubs is off now!!

That is correct. For those of us who had already purchased tickets for this event, I received an email to say my money will be refund (?) and I should buy new ones. This is important news, because if you aren't watching your email inbox and you turn up on Sunday with the original tickets,  I assume you won't get in.

• Thanks 1