British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Leicester Lions 4pm 20/06/21

Taken off Facebook:

Super Stevie Worrall will be back in the black and white next Sunday at 4.00pm when the former Newcastle favourite pulls on the No.1 Diamonds' race jacket for one more thrilling afternoon's racing.

Ben Barker is, of course, still sidelined with the nasty hand injury he sustained on press day, and Stevie Worrall has agreed to take the guest booking when the Leicester Lions drop by in Championship action.

Tickets are still available pre-sale online by visiting

Www.trybooking.co.uk/BCCY

Its another double-header with the Gems tackling the Lion Cubs in the NDL following the Championship clash.

This is one not to miss... get your tickets and get along to cheer Steve Worrall leading the Diamonds for one night only.

SUNDAY JUNE 20TH, 2021, 4.00PM... DOORS 3.00PM

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Taken off Facebook:

Super Stevie Worrall will be back in the black and white next Sunday at 4.00pm when the former Newcastle favourite pulls on the No.1 Diamonds' race jacket for one more thrilling afternoon's racing.

Ben Barker is, of course, still sidelined with the nasty hand injury he sustained on press day, and Stevie Worrall has agreed to take the guest booking when the Leicester Lions drop by in Championship action.

Its another double-header with the Gems tackling the Lion Cubs in the NDL following the Championship clash.

This is one not to miss... get your tickets and get along to cheer Steve Worrall leading the Diamonds for one night only.

It's a shame 'Super Steve' didn't guest last week instead of Terror.

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It's a shame 'Super Steve' didn't guest last week instead of Terror.

Or Friday night. But I guess it is no skin off the clubs back, if it isn’t at their home track.

Edited by Robinh88

11 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Or Friday night. But I guess it is no skin off the clubs back, if it isn’t at their home track.

Average too high to guest away, but with the 5% it's OK for home matches.

This has the makings of a great double header. Leicester are a good team and will probably just outperform the Diamonds, but it will be a great contest

In the second meeting, I think it will be cracker with top youngsters on both sides, and I think a Gems victory.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StevePark said:

Taken off Facebook:

Need more than super Steve to beat the lions & will it be R/R for Adam or a guest 

9 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Need more than super Steve to beat the lions & will it be R/R for Adam or a guest 

Regulations state that it has to be Rider replacement if Adam is missing. A guest is not allowed (unless someone else is also missing). Rides can be taken by Connor Mountain or the reserves. That means, undoubtedly, James will get seven rides. need to name a no 8 for this fixture me thinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leander said:

Regulations state that it has to be Rider replacement if Adam is missing. A guest is not allowed (unless someone else is also missing). Rides can be taken by Connor Mountain or the reserves. That means, undoubtedly, James will get seven rides. need to name a no 8 for this fixture me thinks.

Thought so cheers

Big challenge for our new ‘Trackman’ ( as if he hasn’t got enough on his plate ) , let’s hope it ain’t as hot and the weather is kind to him . Looking forward to seeing Stevie back in the black n white as it’s a major task to use R/R with only one reserve really contributing to the scorecard despite Joe’s efforts on track.

A tough test for our Gems but it will be a good measure of where there at against one of the stronger NDL sides.

Putting my optimistic hat on and going for a narrow Diamonds win 46-44. 

• Like 1

Just had a very disconcerting phone call and folk need to make the most of this meeting because it could be the last...

Goodbye Newcastle Diamonds we had a good run... and I'm not the guy to run it or take it on because I don't have the temperament to deal with all the baggage that comes with the job... the best man is in there now... by a mile...

However a quick question needs answering though... why after 20 months of no Speedway are fans not supporting the club... every one is aware of the financial constraints the club finds itself in and a very good looking Leicester team are coming to town yet ticket sales are flat lining...

The first meeting against Edinburgh was a near sell out bar 8 tickets... 642 fans through the door and it was a great day with the weather behaving itself the crowd were praised for following all the rules which weren't too onerous to be fair and there were 2 very good meetings and the only thing that spoilt the day was the main result but these things happen...

All you got for 20 months was "can't wait till the Speedway starts" not bothered about the team just want Speedway... so the weather forecast for this Sunday is spot on and due to be another glorious day with a good team in town in Leicester... Newcastle have a good guest in Steve Worrall and a potential team change lined up so what I can't understand is the apathy from the Geordie faithful... what is wrong... 

20 quid too much to get in because it looks like the first action is going to be the cutting loose of the Gems team so that will bring the admission price down to 17 quid... shame but what's the promotion supposed to do... and 20 quid for 30 heats is the cheapest in the league but the Gems will be the first casualty if the situation doesn't pick up...

Team rubbish? Well bit disrespectful to the current septet however the promotion recognise that they are a good few under the points limit and are committed to strengthening when riders become available... BWD was offered a fantastic deal but said he didn't like the Newcastle track and thought it would be a detrimental step in his career progression... personally I think it would be the making of him but he wasn't up for it and the promotion couldn't do no more... when other riders become available there will be changes Rob Grant stands by his team but if they aren't performing Rob knows it's an entertainment business...

If feasible do we try and change the race night...

Is it because ther is free football on the telly...

Is it because people don't like the on line booking system...

Are people worried if there is a rain off they might not get their cash back because I can confirm my U21 meeting monies were back in my bank within 48 hours... so what...

What... what is wrong... and it's an often used analogy but if you don't use it then you will lose it... simples

Anyone with any ideas I would love to hear them as 800 smoggies per meeting at Redcar with full houses 30 miles down the road... that cant be all the George English fan club ditching there own club surely...

Sorry but folk need to know what the current situation is...

Sincerely

John...

• Like 2

To be honest there’s a couple of things for me firstly I haven’t been to speedway regularly for the past 7 or 8 years due to a change in my family circumstances and as time goes on you find other things to do on a Sunday night but I was looking forward to coming back last year as we had what looked like on paper to be an interesting if not exciting team and then Covid came along and we know what that did, when it was announced we were going to be allowed back I thought ok give it a go but when the team got weakened (we know the reasons why and totally understand) I had second thoughts and with all the social distancing and Covid rules to be honest it just put me off and I thought I would just wait till the rules were relaxed more, if the team had been a bit stronger maybe all of that would have been worth it and I apologise for my apathy, I understand fully the financial constraints the promotion are under and I take my hat off to Rob Grant as he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t but to tempt me back under the current constraints there needs to be a more appealing team to watch and one that has a good chance to win

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just had a very disconcerting phone call and folk need to make the most of this meeting because it could be the last...

Goodbye Newcastle Diamonds we had a good run... and I'm not the guy to run it or take it on because I don't have the temperament to deal with all the baggage that comes with the job... the best man is in there now... by a mile...

However a quick question needs answering though... why after 20 months of no Speedway are fans not supporting the club... every one is aware of the financial constraints the club finds itself in and a very good looking Leicester team are coming to town yet ticket sales are flat lining...

The first meeting against Edinburgh was a near sell out bar 8 tickets... 642 fans through the door and it was a great day with the weather behaving itself the crowd were praised for following all the rules which weren't too onerous to be fair and there were 2 very good meetings and the only thing that spoilt the day was the main result but these things happen...

All you got for 20 months was "can't wait till the Speedway starts" not bothered about the team just want Speedway... so the weather forecast for this Sunday is spot on and due to be another glorious day with a good team in town in Leicester... Newcastle have a good guest in Steve Worrall and a potential team change lined up so what I can't understand is the apathy from the Geordie faithful... what is wrong... 

20 quid too much to get in because it looks like the first action is going to be the cutting loose of the Gems team so that will bring the admission price down to 17 quid... shame but what's the promotion supposed to do... and 20 quid for 30 heats is the cheapest in the league but the Gems will be the first casualty if the situation doesn't pick up...

Team rubbish? Well bit disrespectful to the current septet however the promotion recognise that they are a good few under the points limit and are committed to strengthening when riders become available... BWD was offered a fantastic deal but said he didn't like the Newcastle track and thought it would be a detrimental step in his career progression... personally I think it would be the making of him but he wasn't up for it and the promotion couldn't do no more... when other riders become available there will be changes Rob Grant stands by his team but if they aren't performing Rob knows it's an entertainment business...

Is it because ther is free football on the telly...

Is it because people don't like the on line booking system...

Are people worried if there is a rain off they might not get their cash back because I can confirm my U21 meeting monies were back in my bank within 48 hours... so what...

What... what is wrong... and it's an often used analogy but if you don't use it then you will lose it... simples

Anyone with any ideas I would love to hear them as 800 smoggies per meeting at Redcar with full houses 30 miles down the road... that cant be all the George English fan club ditching there own club surely...

Sorry but folk need to know what the current situation is...

Sincerely

John...

Yeah John the bliddy track hasn't been rode on yet & I remember some teams in the past a lot weaker than our current team & it's not robs fault with both Ben & Adam now on the injured list even tho we have a cracking guest in for Sunday.. but what is needed on Sunday is the same response from the fans & also for Newcastle speedway to survive we need the younger generation coming along to watch & get hooked just like us owldies & if some have gone to Redcar & Berwick to watch it ( Newcastle boycotting previous promotion fans ) but surely it is costing them more in fuel prices alone mmm don't know what can be done

48 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Sincerely

John...

Dogs run on Tues, Wed & Thurs nights + Fri and Sat afternoons.  That leaves Monday and the only way we can do that is move up to the Premiership League (or whatever it's called).

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Dogs run on Tues, Wed & Thurs nights + Fri and Sat afternoons.  That leaves Monday and the only way we can do that is move up to the Premiership League (or whatever it's called).