British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Just Giving page set up to raise £8000 to save Newcastle Speedway

Very sad indeed to see this, but unfortunately not surprised good luck to all involved especially Rob, as a lot of people at the club know I only support Newcastle speedway so this would be a travesty for me to see my club go under.

Sadly due to my physical limitations I don't see me returning to Brough anytime soon if ever, but rest assured I am still as passionate towards the club as I ever was.

Best of luck Come on Newcastle speedway      

Just looked at the Just Giving page and £4200 has been given by 87 contributors. As the average crowd at Newcastle pre-covid was considerably more than 87. If each of those supporters who have not yet donated anything gave 1 admission price the target would be reached easily. Just saying!

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who has contributed, Newcastle have hit their target.

• Like 7

Well done everyone let’s keep it going.. especially a massive thank you to fans and promoters of other teams who have kindly donated.

Well done Diamonds

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 3:50 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well just made my donation to help boost the fund and I would love to see us get over that 8k mark

Good luck in all your endeavours

Regards
THJ

And a very generous one too. Money where mouth is!!!

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

And a very generous one too. Money where mouth is!!!

Can fit a hell of a lot of money in a space as big as that ;)

But seriously THJ is a godsend for any club... Brilliant of him to do what he's done, and we should all thank him for his efforts...

But thanks to EVERYONE who donated, every little helps. I notice all the football teams were on Look North tonight asking for donations and going around with their donation buckets... And that's FOOTBALL, the game with the most money, who knows what speedway clubs are like right now, it's scary :sad: Next home meeting there better be some buckets going around, and the extra £3 everyone saved on their tickets better be going in... Please :)

And who knows... Maybe I'll get my bikini and Finnish flag out just for THJ ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed Terrace Grumbler has donated £1,000 also

Dunno who you guys (or girls) are in reality, but if I did, there'd be some pints being bought... Think Rob owes a couple of free roasts in the next meeting and maybe a free entry of two, can't hurt too much more

Edited by Dandelion

Gotta say, a great collective effort from the Diamonds fans and, fans from other clubs. Wouldn't want to single out one or two. :t: