British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Just Giving page set up to raise £8000 to save Newcastle Speedway

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Gotta say, a great collective effort from the Diamonds fans and, fans from other clubs. Wouldn't want to single out one or two. :t:

Yes... EVERYONE who gave is brilliant and I thank everyone for their generous donations... But I couldn't help but mention the people who donated £1,000, that's just insane amounts... A few people donated £200, £100 too which is brilliant

It just proves how much people want Newcastle Speedway to succeed with the new owners 

Edited by Discofever
  • Like 1

I'm not a Diamonds fan, but I donated the cost of an adult admission. We can't afford to lose more clubs.

Here's hoping the appeal raises more money in the coming days. Every little helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

I'm not a Diamonds fan, but I donated the cost of an adult admission. We can't afford to lose more clubs.

Here's hoping the appeal raises more money in the coming days. Every little helps.

I’ve done the same.  Good luck guys

• Like 2

well done everyone who donated to this cause . newcastle deserve this funding and help .

well done everyone  . credit to the sport ..

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Just noticed Terrace Grumbler has donated £1,000 also

Dunno who you guys (or girls) are in reality, but if I did, there'd be some pints being bought... Think Rob owes a couple of free roasts in the next meeting and maybe a free entry of two, can't hurt too much more

Great stuff from those donating so much, but am I wrong in thinking that the likes of justgiving take a percentage cut of every donation if it's not to a registered charity? So if someone wants to make a decent sized donation to the club, they would be better doing it directly rather than through a site like this. 

For a large number of small donations these sites are great, even if they DO take that cut as they make it easy for anyone to give a little bit, but for larger donations I'm not sure they make sense.

Not knocking the donations at all, it's great to see, but it's also sad to think of some of this money going into the pockets of an internet company rather than Newcastle speedway.

Edited by HenryW

Total now over £9000 so well done to all.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dandelion said:

And who knows... Maybe I'll get my bikini and Finnish flag out just for THJ ;)

Looking forward to that...

Huba huba huba...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

Brought back to the top incase anyone else wants to contribute.. thanks to everyone who already has :t:

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Brought back to the top incase anyone else wants to contribute.. thanks to everyone who already has :t:

Maybe need to close it and actually use the money

47 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Maybe need to close it and actually use the money

The money has been put to good use... you always see what was raised that will never go away... it can still be added to though but that pot is empty at the minute... 

Newcastle are on a pretty even keel all bills and riders paid up to date... the problem is there is nothing in the pot to fall back on... the loss of the season ticket money pulled that buffer out from under the club...

That's why going forward they need the crowds to be as large as they possibly can... supporter power will save the club... if they get out of their chairs and get along to the stadium...

Regards 

THJ 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2021 at 1:01 AM, HenryW said:

Great stuff from those donating so much, but am I wrong in thinking that the likes of justgiving take a percentage cut of every donation if it's not to a registered charity? So if someone wants to make a decent sized donation to the club, they would be better doing it directly rather than through a site like this. 

For a large number of small donations these sites are great, even if they DO take that cut as they make it easy for anyone to give a little bit, but for larger donations I'm not sure they make sense.

Not knocking the donations at all, it's great to see, but it's also sad to think of some of this money going into the pockets of an internet company rather than Newcastle speedway.

im afraid they take 5% off the money raised which can ne quite substantial

which is the very reason I wont be donating via sites like these

id rather give it cash in hand

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 5:19 PM, Dandelion said:

Just noticed Terrace Grumbler has donated £1,000 also

Dunno who you guys (or girls) are in reality, but if I did, there'd be some pints being bought... Think Rob owes a couple of free roasts in the next meeting and maybe a free entry of two, can't hurt too much more

whats the point in a collection if youre going to give it away with free burgers or free beer

I free burger and a free pint would quite clearly be quite a substantial reduction

think before you make a clearly stupid statement 

• Haha 1