British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Just Giving page set up to raise £8000 to save Newcastle Speedway

5 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

I'm afraid they take 5% off the money raised which can ne quite substantial

which is the very reason I wont be donating via sites like these

id rather give it cash in hand

They take 2% not 5% so on 10 grand its 200 quid... reasonable to me...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

Pathetic to be asking this of their fans in all honesty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Not really Pinny to be fair; this promotion have been through a great deal and deserve a little help and if it does save the club what's a few quid if you can afford it and as a big Newport Fan I am sure if you had the opportunity to help save your club you would have put your hand in your pocket for sure...

Anyway what's up with you? back in lock down in Oz and raining again you grumpy old scroat?

Regards
THJ

They must be in dire straights  to have a donation appeal. Hope they get a good crowd on Sunday…£20 for a double header Championship match is great value.

We need to keep our tracks and not go down the slippery slope of tracks closing

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Not really Pinny to be fair; this promotion have been through a great deal and deserve a little help and if it does save the club what's a few quid if you can afford it and as a big Newport Fan I am sure if you had the opportunity to help save your club you would have put your hand in your pocket for sure...

Anyway what's up with you? back in lock down in Oz and raining again you grumpy old scroat?

Regards
THJ

Just read the other day that 10k kept them going for a couple of meetings, surely cant be doing that all season ?? In all honesty when back at home i never had near enough money to even help save Newport but dont think many did, crowds were appalling . And yeah grumpy AF as we have just entered lockdown 6.0 because of 8 cases. 

• Haha 1

Could Newcastle not look at something like we have at Berwick with a 50/50 monthly draw, that seems to be helping out the club on a regular bases with over a hundred members I think I am right in saying paying £10 per number each month. Its ran by our supporters club, and I know at least one posts on here, who if they see this will be able to post a reply.

We started the 5-1 Draw on behalf of the promotion in August 2019. Numbers are £10 per month we now have 159 numbers taken. It was called the 5-1 draw as 1st prize was £500 2nd prize £100. However with extra numbers being taken we were able to put in a 3rd prize of £50. So far the club have received just over £18k which goes into the S.T.A.R.S. fund to help maintain the costs of running speedway at Berwick and also any improvement's.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Normski said:

We started the 5-1 Draw on behalf of the promotion in August 2019. Numbers are £10 per month we now have 159 numbers taken. It was called the 5-1 draw as 1st prize was £500 2nd prize £100. However with extra numbers being taken we were able to put in a 3rd prize of £50. So far the club have received just over £18k which goes into the S.T.A.R.S. fund to help maintain the costs of running speedway at Berwick and also any improvement's.

Newcastle don't have 159 fans nevermind ones that'll pay an extra tenner for a prize draw!

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Newcastle don't have 159 fans nevermind ones that'll pay an extra tenner for a prize draw!

Some people in ours do have more than 1 number lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, screm said:

Could Newcastle not look at something like we have at Berwick with a 50/50 monthly draw, that seems to be helping out the club on a regular bases with over a hundred members I think I am right in saying paying £10 per number each month. Its ran by our supporters club, and I know at least one posts on here, who if they see this will be able to post a reply.

We've had one of those for months now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

So what's the choices, ask fans for help & feel embarrassed but have speedway, or keep financial situation quiet, don't ask for help & close down?

• Like 1

Over £10k now. Speedway fans really are the best. we are a fickle lot, but as seen at Birmingham Wednesday night, we can come together now and again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

They take 2% not 5% so on 10 grand its 200 quid... reasonable to me...

Regards
THJ

not from what ive been told in the past and also its £200 taken from a chartable donation it sickens me

2 hours ago, davieb1 said:

not from what ive been told in the past and also its £200 taken from a chartable donation it sickens me

Well it's 2% so what you were told was wrong... but hey ho....

Regards 

THJ

7 hours ago, davieb1 said:

Nothing is free though. Someone has to pay to maintain the website, pay for admin on the money transfers etc. It all adds up. 

• Like 2