British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Sheffield 17/6/21

Don't seem much interest in this one. Will it be a Stars win?. I'm sure Batch will be  trying his best to stop us. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't seem much interest in this one. Will it be a Stars win?. I'm sure Batch will be  trying his best to stop us. 

Can't see us winning,no number 1 and not a free scoring reserve like many teams.Plus we still have Proctor in the team:(.

Will Holder be there,riding in Poland on Friday:unsure:

Looking at the averages, looks like Wells and Mountain at reserve. We might be able to match the Tigers at reserve at least. in 3 away matches Bates 2.91 and Wright 1.85....... I did say might :P. The problem is going to be the top end. Batch, Holder(if he turns up) and Ellis should bag  around 33 between them. Not sure if i'll go to this one yet. 

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not altogether surprised the forecast is dreadful

Only just had time to look at the BBC and Met Office forecasts didn't think they looked that bad:unsure:

49 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Only just had time to look at the BBC and Met Office forecasts didn't think they looked that bad:unsure:

They don’t any more but the weather warnings are still there and it’s likely that if you get a downpour it will be absolutely torrential. 

To be honest I’m not surprised that some clubs are calling off when tue weather isn’t perfect, don’t think too many can afford to run in front of an even more reduced crowd too often. 

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

They don’t any more but the weather warnings are still there and it’s likely that if you get a downpour it will be absolutely torrential. 

To be honest I’m not surprised that some clubs are calling off when tue weather isn’t perfect, don’t think too many can afford to run in front of an even more reduced crowd too often. 

Shouldn't think too many would be going anyway with the shocking team we have. Weather forecast still looks OK to me this morning:rolleyes:.Still with the meeting off now I hope we do get some rain,although that looks more likely tomorrow .

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Shouldn't think too many would be going anyway with the shocking team we have. Weather forecast still looks OK to me this morning:rolleyes:.Still with the meeting off now I hope we do get some rain,although that looks more likely tomorrow .

The gardeners and farmers need it! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The gardeners and farmers need it! 

I don't :rolleyes:. Currently getting absolutely soaked delivering over in March.Who trusts the weathermen/women. Must admit though the garden does need it,rain overnight is preferred though:)

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

I don't :rolleyes:. Currently getting absolutely soaked delivering over in March.Who trusts the weathermen/women. Must admit though the garden does need it,rain overnight is preferred though:)

You can't trust the weathermen, but they got it wrong this time.  I was in King's Lynn this morning, and they had some rain, but nothing that Buster couldn't have put right trackwise.
Here in Heacham which is 13-miles away, just a light shower, plus bits of sunshine.  But they made the right call in postponing it, because the forecast was bad.  Sods law really. 

26 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

You can't trust the weathermen, but they got it wrong this time.  I was in King's Lynn this morning, and they had some rain, but nothing that Buster couldn't have put right trackwise.
Here in Heacham which is 13-miles away, just a light shower, plus bits of sunshine.  But they made the right call in postponing it, because the forecast was bad.  Sods law really. 

Whilst the forecast was bad,i'm all for at least waiting until the morning of the day to see if it has changed which on many occasions it does.We will never know now if Holder was going to be there or not;)

• Like 1

Poland postpone matches 48 hours in advance on the basis of poor weather  forecasts. And we all agree it's a mark of their professionalism

British promoters do the same thing and that is clearly an indication of what a shambolic bunch of cowboys they are.

The BSF in a nutshell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Poland postpone matches 48 hours in advance on the basis of poor weather  forecasts. And we all agree it's a mark of their professionalism

British promoters do the same thing and that is clearly an indication of what a shambolic bunch of cowboys they are.

The BSF in a nutshell.

A sensible decision by Buster I would suggest..,

A bit of 'Polish weather forecasting' is most opportune given the reduced fan numbers..

Not sure if anyone thought Poland was being 'professional'...

More 'opportunistic' for me....

Did wonder how fit Lewis Kerr would be, and if we had to run r/r fir him would make us even weaker...

Buster wouldn't make the best of a dodgy forecast would he ?! ;)