British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole Pirates v Kent Kings Wednesday 30th June 2021

On 6/21/2021 at 11:45 AM, East End Fan said:

Don't know how you keep track of all that information. Who checks anyway ? With the vast majority of adults now having had injections, I do

not see why we cannot get back to more or less normal life. So many businesses, including Speedway, are suffering needlessly IMO.

Cos you can still transmit it to a younger fan...?

Online tickets now 75% sold!!:t:

Single tickets available for advance online purchase from 7pm this evening - Monday.

Edited by Skidder1

Jack Smith has been released by Glasgow. I know he's not liked at Kent but could he help strengthen the team somewhere. Don't know how it would fit with averages and team limit?

• Haha 2

90% of available tickets now sold!!  Last home meeting until late July (Home v Glasgow July 14 now postponed)>

A dry day forecast for tomorrow. Looking forward to this but think it will be a 55+ score for Pirates with Nicholls doing most of the Kent scoring.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A dry day forecast for tomorrow. Looking forward to this but think it will be a 55+ score for Pirates with Nicholls doing most of the Kent scoring.

I fear you are right. Kent have lost heavily on the road each time and only beaten a below average Plymouth side at home. At least 1 RR ride will be thrown at the number 8 but at least it saves giving it to Hurry who sadly unlike other returning veterans has been a shadow of his former self. 3 heat leaders to 1 should set the tone of this one but if any of Kents tail do something positive then the Pirates might not hit 60.

Gorgeous morning here in Poole,just yards from the stadium.

Going to be good to get back inside the stadium and see some action. 

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

56 minutes ago, crazysue said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

At a time when speedway teams need every penny they can get do you not think it is morally wrong to ask for an updater when the match is being streamed for a very reasonable price. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

At a time when speedway teams need every penny they can get do you not think it is morally wrong to ask for an updater when the match is being streamed for a very reasonable price. 

I Don't.

The updates site has been in place for a good while & it helps those that cannot attend to keep up with what is going on in the speedway world without charge.

The live stream is also very important as a social media outlet but it's reliability has been questioned several times & some people with limited funds would think twice before paying for this service.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Technik said:

I Don't.

The updates site has been in place for a good while & it helps those that cannot attend to keep up with what is going on in the speedway world without charge.

The live stream is also very important as a social media outlet but it's reliability has been questioned several times & some people with limited funds would think twice before paying for this service.

I agree with sharpen rake. Unless fans pay to watch the sport dies. I am certainly watching this match on my computer if it all works and I have

been happy to pay for the service. Technik is one of an army of people who allege that they support Speedway, but want it all for nothing. The Updates

thing is something I have never agreed with.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Technik said:

I Don't.

So another 'fan' that thinks live speedway should be free. You can keep up to date with what's going on by visiting the speedway GB official site later on in the evening or the following morning. And you think because something might not work people won't buy it. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Given that the update service has been a huge assistance to many across the country for many years and all done entirely by volunteers i think that any attack on it and the great people who have helped is morally wrong. I also don't believe that the two are in competition. Someone will stream or watch the updates or neither. If someone has chosen to not pay the streaming fee i hugely doubt the reason is because someone trackside is sending through a 1-2 line update of the race details.

• Like 9