British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole Pirates v Kent Kings Wednesday 30th June 2021

A number of teams are going to struggle with replacing riders this season with the travel limitations. When Len Silver was interviewed at Eastbourne he was quite strong on the fact that Kent Kings would be loyal to riders. Starke and Nicholls was impressive at Arlington but the Kings were always going to be one of the weaker teams in the Championship and Poole one of the stronger as long as the Cooks were up to speed. 

57 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

pre season everybody knew the worst sgning in living memory was hurry on a 5+ average, it impacts on the whole side too, massive surgery needed to that kent side

Paul is taking up a berth that could be given to a rising star who is desperate for a team place. He is old, over weight, and his days of getting close to scoring are long gone. He really doesn’t deserve a team spit and he must know it as well. A club can be loyal to riders but really the Kent fans want to see their team be as competitive as they possibly can be and Paul should hold his hands up and say what everyone can see.  Offer to be a coach and mentor to the juniors. His experience is worth more than his arse over a saddle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Paul is taking up a berth that could be given to a rising star who is desperate for a team place. He is old, over weight, and his days of getting close to scoring are long gone. He really doesn’t deserve a team spit and he must know it as well. A club can be loyal to riders but really the Kent fans want to see their team be as competitive as they possibly can be and Paul should hold his hands up and say what everyone can see.  Offer to be a coach and mentor to the juniors. His experience is worth more than his arse over a saddle.

You were never ever good anough to put your fat ass over a saddle  were you..?  Think about what you saying before posting what do you know about riding a speedway bike ..? 

Edited by Sidney the robin

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You were never ever good anough to put your fat ass over a saddle  were you..?  Think about what you saying twit , before posting what do you know about riding a speedway bike ..? 

I have never in my life put my backside over the saddle of a speedway bike. The only time I have sat on a bike was Martin Dugard bike set up for be the gater, leaving fastest time for dropping the clutch.

But I don’t have to be a rider of any standard to witness what was evident in front if my eyes. Anyone with a modicum of speedway knowledge could see that his time has gone. Have Gary May or Rob Lyon been riders? 

Sorry but your post is moronic in the extreme. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I have never in my life put my backside over the saddle of a speedway bike. The only time I have sat on a bike was Martin Dugard bike set up for be the gater, leaving fastest time for dropping the clutch.

But I don’t have to be a rider of any standard to witness what was evident in front if my eyes. Anyone with a modicum of speedway knowledge could see that his time has gone. Has Gary May or Rob Lyon been riders? 

You are so  disrespectful of the highest order maybe Silver got it wrong …? Len Silver knows more about the sport than you would ever know  trust me.

25 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You were never ever good anough to put your fat ass over a saddle  were you..?  Think about what you saying before posting what do you know about riding a speedway bike ..? 

Not that one again.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are so  disrespectful of the highest order maybe Silver got it wrong …? Len Silver knows more about the sport than you would ever know  trust me.

I am sure he does. But would you be happy for him to be riding in your team, scoring zero every meeting? 

If yes, then you are talking utter BS.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am sure he does. But would you be happy for him to be riding in your team, scoring zero every meeting? 

If yes, then you are talking utter BS.

No  but you talk crap , Hurry was a mistake old Father Time  has caught up with him  end of move on.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sad though it is for Paul Hurry  - Steve is absolutely correct. 

Why on earth Len signed Paul straight into a CL berth  -  maybe in the hope of attracting a few nostalgic Lakeside fans to come and watch? - it has clearly been shown to be an error of judgement. 

He has been struggling to complete 4 laps of Central Park without taking a fall, and I really do wonder about his fitness to race competitively after so many injuries. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But I don’t have to be a rider of any standard to witness what was evident in front if my eyes. Anyone with a modicum of speedway knowledge could see that his time has gone. Have Gary May or Rob Lyon been riders? 

Garry May rode in the seventies but had to retire after nasty injury at Poole.

Finished as a Poole asset 

• Like 1

Just now, sugarray said:

Garry May rode in the seventies but had to retire after nasty injury at Poole.

Finished as a Poole asset 

Gary rode for Weymouth if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, scottyfan said:

Gary rode for Weymouth if I remember correctly.

Crayford and Weymouth.

There's some Weymouth pictures on the excellent Karl Fialas Facebook site.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sad though it is for Paul Hurry  - Steve is absolutely correct. 

Why on earth Len signed Paul straight into a CL berth  -  maybe in the hope of attracting a few nostalgic Lakeside fans to come and watch? - it has clearly been shown to be an error of judgement. 

He has been struggling to complete 4 laps of Central Park without taking a fall, and I really do wonder about his fitness to race competitively after so many injuries. 

We can say that about a few riders over the years Bob        Kilb Swindon ( great rider bad back injury) and Eric Boocock 1983 ) never came back but put bums on seats.

Edited by Sidney the robin

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought it might be for something else as the statement was a bit harsh. But he comes over as really professional esp on SM, so I don't get it! 

A bit of dissent bubbling in the pits apparently - MF didn't want it to become a big issue for other riders/mechanics!!

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

A bit of dissent bubbling in the pits apparently - MF didn't want it to become a big issue for other riders/mechanics!!

Understandable!!