British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK BANDITS v GLASGOW TIGERS (Saturday, June 26th) 7pm

Despite Shielfield Park being in the fortunate position of being able to accommodate larger attendances than many speedway venues during the current Covid19 restrictions, the club has warned that a sell-out attendance must be expected for the visit of title favourites Glasgow next week.

Tickets are now on sale at the usual site:   https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

The Bandits' promotion strongly recommend early booking (especially if a seat in the main stand is the aim) to avoid disappointment, highlighting that Bandits/Tigers matches are traditionally very well attended and with the regulations still requiring e-ticketing,  they do anticipate selling out.

There are no plans at the moment for any streaming of this meeting -- if you don't get a ticket, you don't get to see it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

There are no plans at the moment for any streaming of this meeting -- if you don't get a ticket, you don't get to see it!

Is there any need for such pathetic arrogance ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Don’t take things personally 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:
Despite Shielfield Park being in the fortunate position of being able to accommodate larger attendances than many speedway venues during the current Covid19 restrictions, the club has warned that a sell-out attendance must be expected for the visit of title favourites Glasgow next week.

Tickets are now on sale at the usual site:   https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

The Bandits' promotion strongly recommend early booking (especially if a seat in the main stand is the aim) to avoid disappointment, highlighting that Bandits/Tigers matches are traditionally very well attended and with the regulations still requiring e-ticketing,  they do anticipate selling out.

What are the attendance figures allowed at present moment.Are you allowed to divulge the figure on this forum or is it a secret.

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I am hearing rumours that Leon Flint will not be available for this meeting can you confirm if this is correct or not please? Because even with Leon I think Glasgow will cut the Bandits a new ar**hole but it will be even worse without Leon. I dont mind getting beaten at home but not if it is the expected rout..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Giving the poster, I`m afraid yes.:blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What are the attendance figures allowed at present moment.Are you allowed to divulge the figure on this forum or is it a secret.

I’d imagine you’d have to contact the club privately to find out such important information. They dont engage with fans on this forum, apparently. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, emilali said:

I’d imagine you’d have to contact the club privately to find out such important information. They dont engage with fans on this forum, apparently. 

Barrie can come on here and tell everybody it might be a sellout,yet won’t divulge the crowd limit.Typical of the way they operate IMO.The loyal supporters deserve better.They certainly don’t like criticism even if it is meant to be constructive in some instances.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I don't really understand why it's anyone's business what the capacity is. It's a very good tactic to keep it close to your chest to drive sales.

And I certainly don't see it as arrogant to state something so obvious.

Why is it such a small traffic forum feels they should be addressed personally by the clubs?

• Confused 1

How much trust you put in Wikipedia is up to you but here is the Wikipedia page for Berwick Rangers, it gives a capacity of 4099. If Berwick Speedway has to run with 25% capacity you have a crowd limit of just over a thousand, 50% of just over two thousand and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwick_Rangers_F.C.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

I don't really understand why it's anyone's business what the capacity is. It's a very good tactic to keep it close to your chest to drive sales.

Why is it such a small traffic forum feels they should be addressed personally by the clubs?

The clubs use it to Advertise,so why not respond to a perfectly normal question.

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Unfortunately you’ve missed the point. Nobody feels they should be personally addressed by the club. The club or representatives of the club felt the need to state they wouldn't engage with fans through any means other than official ones. 

2 hours ago, screm said:

How much trust you put in Wikipedia is up to you but here is the Wikipedia page for Berwick Rangers, it gives a capacity of 4099. If Berwick Speedway has to run with 25% capacity you have a crowd limit of just over a thousand, 50% of just over two thousand and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwick_Rangers_F.C.

I know the capacity,I enquiring what percentage are being allowed to attend.?Simple question if anyone knows.!

6400 at the rangers game when they were in the 3rd division. Regardless of what percentage if you want to go get a ticket early . It’s really as simple as that. Some folk on here should thank their lucky stars they have seen and looks like continuing to see speedway when home fixtures are run. Clubs are closing and stopping racing all the time. With the amount of work put in by all associated with Berwick speedway maybe some should stop being a keyboard warrior and back them 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

6400 at the rangers game when they were in the 3rd division. Regardless of what percentage if you want to go get a ticket early . It’s really as simple as that. Some folk on here should thank their lucky stars they have seen and looks like continuing to see speedway when home fixtures are run. Clubs are closing and stopping racing all the time. With the amount of work put in by all associated with Berwick speedway maybe some should stop being a keyboard warrior and back them 

The best post I’ve seen in here for a long time , amen to that , some on here have a problem with there head and it needs an almighty wobble , Doylems 

• Like 1