British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK BANDITS v GLASGOW TIGERS (Saturday, June 26th) 7pm

On 6/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, fairplay1 said:

I am hearing rumours that Leon Flint will not be available for this meeting can you confirm if this is correct or not please? Because even with Leon I think Glasgow will cut the Bandits a new ar**hole but it will be even worse without Leon. I dont mind getting beaten at home but not if it is the expected rout..

Seems that Leon has been drawn to race in European Championship meeting at Divisov on the 26th.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, penchev said:

The best post I’ve seen in here for a long time , amen to that , some on here have a problem with there head and it needs an almighty wobble , Doylems 

Amen Cpl donkey. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, screm said:

Seems that Leon has been drawn to race in European Championship meeting at Divisov on the 26th.

If that's the case good luck Leon, well done Glasgow.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:52 PM, penchev said:

The best post I’ve seen in here for a long time , amen to that , some on here have a problem with there head and it needs an almighty wobble , Doylems 

Oh woooooo cant wait to get my ticket to watch half a Berwick team get beat with our only good rider, who is our reserve, in Divisov, take my money 

• Haha 1

Open your eyes, the team was crap on paper, and crap on track, one’s still not turned up, and the top 4 have had 2 good meetings between them, Etheridge been steady enough, Gappmaier a couple better away performances but also a bad home one, and the less said about dumb and dumber at 1 and 5 the better… Bickley been absolutely fine, and Leon been fantastic. Coty needs replaced, and so does one of the top 2, they’re stealing a living fgs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Open your eyes, the team was crap on paper, and crap on track, one’s still not turned up, and the top 4 have had 2 good meetings between them, Etheridge been steady enough, Gappmaier a couple better away performances but also a bad home one, and the less said about dumb and dumber at 1 and 5 the better… Bickley been absolutely fine, and Leon been fantastic. Coty needs replaced, and so does one of the top 2, they’re stealing a living fgs

According to the BSPA site the new averages are out and these are Berwick`s.

NB Jacobsen - 7-46

A Summers - 7-39

J Etheridge - 6-81

D Gappmaier - 6-09

C Garcia - 4-95

K Bickley - 3-67

L Flint - 3

If I am right and we are replacing Coty Garcia that gives us a whole 9-58pts to use, that should give Berwick an opportunity to bring in a rider to top our averages if they choose to. Now comes the standard argument about where said rider would come from and to be fair to Berwick I get that argument. 

1 hour ago, screm said:

NB Jacobsen - 7-46

A Summers - 7-39

J Etheridge - 6-81

D Gappmaier - 6-09

C Garcia - 4-95

K Bickley - 3-67

L Flint - 3

If I am right and we are replacing Coty Garcia that gives us a whole 9-58pts to use, that should give Berwick an opportunity to bring in a rider to top our averages if they choose to. Now comes the standard argument about where said rider would come from and to be fair to Berwick I get that argument. 

Think next set of averages will change July 1st which will probably incorporate points scored against Glasgow. Would not be surprised if a few of them averages don't drop again as we have had a busy schedule. Jye could possibly be Number 1 by the time we race at Scunthorpe on July 2nd. As for riders available does not seem to be many at this moment.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:17 AM, crescent girl said:
Despite Shielfield Park being in the fortunate position of being able to accommodate larger attendances than many speedway venues during the current Covid19 restrictions, the club has warned that a sell-out attendance must be expected for the visit of title favourites Glasgow next week.

Tickets are now on sale at the usual site:   https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

The Bandits' promotion strongly recommend early booking (especially if a seat in the main stand is the aim) to avoid disappointment, highlighting that Bandits/Tigers matches are traditionally very well attended and with the regulations still requiring e-ticketing,  they do anticipate selling out.

There are no plans at the moment for any streaming of this meeting -- if you don't get a ticket, you don't get to see it!

Sold out yet Dick?

17 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Sold out yet Dick?

Looks like section D and E are showing as no tickets available.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Looks like section D and E are showing as no tickets available.

That will be the season ticket holders.Glasgow fans will invade when they see the weather forecast no doubt.Have found a replacement for Leon yet?

Why are sections F, G, I & J greyed out as opposed to yellow but it seems like tickets can still be bought for these areas?

29 minutes ago, MD said:

Why are sections F, G, I & J greyed out as opposed to yellow but it seems like tickets can still be bought for these areas?

Contact the Promotion is the answer.

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Contact the Promotion is the answer.

Do you think Dick will let us know on here , after all he seems in the know to all things covid related -_- .

On 6/19/2021 at 1:12 PM, Normski said:

Think next set of averages will change July 1st which will probably incorporate points scored against Glasgow. Would not be surprised if a few of them averages don't drop again as we have had a busy schedule. Jye could possibly be Number 1 by the time we race at Scunthorpe on July 2nd. As for riders available does not seem to be many at this moment.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, screm said:

NB Jacobsen - 7-46

A Summers - 7-39

J Etheridge - 6-81

D Gappmaier - 6-09

C Garcia - 4-95

K Bickley - 3-67

L Flint - 3

Trying to get my head around rule book Top 6 if you have a 3 Rising Star like Leon can be built to a points limit of 38.So at the  moment with Cotys average and what we had to play with we have 6.58 to play with. However when new averages kick in start of July i would think we may have a bit more to play with. Josh Auty available now i see but to high an average at the moment if we were to be interested.

• Like 1