British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK BANDITS v GLASGOW TIGERS (Saturday, June 26th) 7pm

14 minutes ago, Normski said:

Trying to get my head around rule book Top 6 if you have a 3 Rising Star like Leon can be built to a points limit of 38.So at the  moment with Cotys average and what we had to play with we have 6.58 to play with. However when new averages kick in start of July i would think we may have a bit more to play with. Josh Auty available now i see but to high an average at the moment if we were to be interested.

They certainly try to baffle with rules regarding rising stars.Will Leon have to move into top5 if averages dictate he is above any of them.Othets think rising star stays at reserve if you have 1 but we have 2.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

They certainly try to baffle with rules regarding rising stars.Will Leon have to move into top5 if averages dictate he is above any of them.Othets think rising star stays at reserve if you have 1 but we have 2.

As has been said many a time a simple sport dictated by unbelievable rules 

• Like 1

Surprised to see Ellis going to Scunthorpe as I thought he was nailed on for Kent. Auty now available, if Berwick want him they`d better be quick, Auty wont be out of work for long.

45 minutes ago, screm said:

Surprised to see Ellis going to Scunthorpe as I thought he was nailed on for Kent. Auty now available, if Berwick want him they`d better be quick, Auty wont be out of work for long.

Auty is not the answer IMO

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Whilst auty might not be the perfect fit for Berwick, surely he's got to be brought in if the averages allow?

15 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Whilst auty might not be the perfect fit for Berwick, surely he's got to be brought in if the averages allow?

Thats up to the Promotion,but Auty has been very hit and miss at Shielfield throughout the years ,not getting any younger, not going to be an asset(loan fee)these are the reasons I feel he is not the answer.Rather see a younger rider who would belong to the Club if changes are made.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Thats up to the Promotion,but Auty has been very hit and miss at Shielfield throughout the years ,not getting any younger, not going to be an asset(loan fee)these are the reasons I feel he is not the answer.Rather see a younger rider who would belong to the Club if changes are made.

Very sound points brought up. From my side I suppose I see it as bringing in a decent rider who'd more than likely outscore Garcia or rr for him and at a time where choices are very much slim pickings.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Which begs the question, who is? I see a lot of posters demanding changes, but not many coming up with solutions. Signing riders must be a bit of a nightmare. To start with you have the obvious issues of averages and costs. Then you have to think about possible complications of bringing new riders into the country, clashes with other leagues, availability, rider demands. According to the Speedway Star, only seven (now six) riders in the Premiership not doubling up in the Championship, which adds to the problem.

3 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Which begs the question, who is? I see a lot of posters demanding changes, but not many coming up with solutions. Signing riders must be a bit of a nightmare. To start with you have the obvious issues of averages and costs. Then you have to think about possible complications of bringing new riders into the country, clashes with other leagues, availability, rider demands. According to the Speedway Star, only seven (now six) riders in the Premiership not doubling up in the Championship, which adds to the problem.

Scunthorpe manage to suss out Ellis,but obviously with averages and especially Costs it is not easy.I couldn’t care less if there are changes or not , but it does not show the sport in good light when you have guests or R/r every week.It certainly impacts the Berwick Team as r/r for a second string rider doesn’t suit a strength in depth Team IMO.

• Like 2

So the Bandits have signed Kasper Andersen to replace Coty, good signing, was impressed with him a few times at Redcar, but although the Bandits are my second team, I still hope for a Tigers win on Saturday. 

16 hours ago, screm said:

Ellis average is based on PL x 1.5 as he was not in a declared CL 1-7 at start of season so would not have fitted at Kent without major re-build.

He also rides for Swedish Team on a Tuesday night so Kent would have been last place he'd go to probably.

9 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

So the Bandits have signed Kasper Andersen to replace Coty, good signing, was impressed with him a few times at Redcar, but although the Bandits are my second team, I still hope for a Tigers win on Saturday. 

Another blow for Kent as Len had named him as main target to replace Bacon

Good luck at Berwick Kasper, enjoyed your time at Redcar.  Berwick fans he'll give his all with his enthusiasm and is a good replacement for Garcia.  Whether he is what Berwick require at the moment is another matter. 

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Another blow for Kent as Len had named him as main target to replace Bacon

Yes...does not look good for Kent now?

Edited by blueherb777