British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

Tickets now available for the return of Bjarne Pedersen (and Alfie Bowtell!).

Should be an interesting and entertaining encounter.  Steve Worrall again guests at number 1 for the injured Ben Barker.

Link to TryBooking.com here:

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=19744

Edited by StevePark

Will Mr Crump be fit for this meeting and if so will he attend as his lad is racing in the 1st round of the British Superbike Championship on the 27th, however if he is passed fit and is a no show Plymouth won't get a facility for him... So I think that means an NDL guest...

If he is still injured (cough cough) and Plymouth get a facility then maybe Danny King...

How many will Bjarne put on the gate and how many more will Crump add if he turns up? Forecast is for rain at the minute but they said the same for this Sunday.... Score... well I reckon with Stevie Worrall in again we should be good for a 50 40 home win as a minimum no matter what team Plymouth send ...

Ruml could score being used to tighter US tracks Steven Goret will not know what planet he's on and will have seen nothing like Brough in his life Zach Cook could struggle as well and it depends which Alfie Bowtell turns up and young Luke will be a good test for JPB...

All in all should be a good match and I am also expecting some thrills with the Plymouth top two and a few spills from the rest of them...

Regards

THJ  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Will Mr Crump be fit for this meeting and if so will he attend as his lad is racing in the 1st round of the British Superbike Championship on the 27th, however if he is passed fit and is a no show Plymouth won't get a facility for him... So I think that means an NDL guest...

If he is still injured (cough cough) and Plymouth get a facility then maybe Danny King...

How many will Bjarne put on the gate and how many more will Crump add if he turns up? Forecast is for rain at the minute but they said the same for this Sunday.... Score... well I reckon with Stevie Worrall in again we should be good for a 50 40 home win as a minimum no matter what team Plymouth send ...

Ruml could score being used to tighter US tracks Steven Goret will not know what planet he's on and will have seen nothing like Brough in his life Zach Cook could struggle as well and it depends which Alfie Bowtell turns up and young Luke will be a good test for JPB...

All in all should be a good match and I am also expecting some thrills with the Plymouth top two and a few spills from the rest of them...

Regards

THJ  

Plymouth will be using a guest

• Thanks 1

Was at Plymouth last night and  from what Crump was  saying when interviewed, he is still one to two weeks away from riding again. 

we have  booked two tickets for this upcoming match, we are Brummies fans but want to support the Newcastle owner and  club after all of your troubles . the tickets are for the covered grandstand area . 
could anyone tell me if that is a terraced standing area or , if it is a stand with seats  as my wife can’t stand throughout a full meeting due to a bad back and, I was wondering if I needed to bring folding chairs into the stadium or, if our tickets were for an area with seating  ? 
thanks  for your help 

4 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Was at Plymouth last night and  from what Crump was  saying when interviewed, he is still one to two weeks away from riding again. 

we have  booked two tickets for this upcoming match, we are Brummies fans but want to support the Newcastle owner and  club after all of your troubles . the tickets are for the covered grandstand area . 
could anyone tell me if that is a terraced standing area or , if it is a stand with seats  as my wife can’t stand throughout a full meeting due to a bad back and, I was wondering if I needed to bring folding chairs into the stadium or, if our tickets were for an area with seating  ? 
thanks  for your help 

it’s just a terrace, and i don’t know if there’s room for a folding chair to be honest with you

12 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

thanks  for your help 

Am thinking, it's the area under the grandstand with no seating. The steps are pretty high, say about 8/10 inches and, a bit steep, so maybe not great for folding chairs, they're ok to sit on with a cushion I suppose. There was some wooden seats/table near to the entrance area, but not sure if they can be used.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Bought my tickets yesterday traveling up from Exeter for this one. Last visited in April 89 watching the Falcons they lost by 3 that day,would take that this time for the Gladiators but think home track knowledge will be enough for Newcastle to win by 10/12. 

39 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

thanks  for your help 

Tracey, Bos and I used folding chairs when we went on the northern tour in 2019, with no problems.

1 hour ago, the hobbit said:

thanks  for your help 

There is no seating on the terraces but people do take fold up type camping chairs to sit on 

1 hour ago, the hobbit said:

thanks  for your help 

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

it’s just a terrace, and i don’t know if there’s room for a folding chair to be honest with you

There is the bar area with seats provided and can accommodate 2 people sitting together and the hospitality area as well... if you click on the links on the try booking site https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=19744 it will let you know what is available... also fold out chairs can be set out on both terracing areas... on the terracing under the canopy there is a walkway that folks put fold out chairs on and it still leaves plenty of room for people to walk past and on the main terracing not under the canopy these terraces are one standard 600 x 600 flag wide and a fold out chair fits no problem.

Regards
THJ

Crump cant make it because he needs another week or two to sort his injury out (cough cough) so Plymouth call on Charles Wright to fill in as a guest at Number 1 so a bit of added spice with Charles and James going head to head...

Fans need to book early to ensure they aren't disappointed especially when our former "Super Dane" Bjarne Pedersen... is coming back...

Bjarne Pedersen had a fantastic record when he rode for the Diamonds... 87 meetings with 446 rides... 1073 points and 39 bonus points for a total of 1112 points which included 15 full and 8 paid maximums and ending up with a 9.97 average for his career which puts him in joint 6th place (with Nicki P) on the all time average list in Newcastle colours and he comes in at 20th in the best seasons average list with 10.17 in 2003 and 8th on the all time list for maximums in a Newcastle career... the guy is a true Newcastle Diamonds Legend...

This will be a cracking meeting with a strong Plymouth top end and the return of a couple of former Diamonds as lets not forget Alfie Bowtell and then there are the guys who have never seen Brough Park before and watching these riders who will be visiting for the very first time will be good to see,

This has all the potential to be a classic meeting

Regards
THJ

PS. Many thanks to Joe Wake for allowing the use of the information above from his excellent book
"History of Speedway at Brough Park, Newcastle 1929 to 2018"

3 hours ago, the hobbit said:

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

There is the bar area with seats provided and can accommodate 2 people sitting together and the hospitality area as well... if you click on the links on the try booking site https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=19744 it will let you know what is available... also fold out chairs can be set out on both terracing areas... on the terracing under the canopy there is a walkway that folks put fold out chairs on and it still leaves plenty of room for people to walk past and on the main terracing not under the canopy these terraces are one standard 600 x 600 flag wide and a fold out chair fits no problem.

Regards
THJ

The guy said he had booked tickets, is the walkway being used as the 'covid travel corridor', so maybe at present won't be able to accommodate seats?,,, just saying.

Edited by ruffdiamond

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

The guy said he had booked tickets, is the walkway being used as the 'covid travel corridor', so maybe at present won't be able to accommodate seats?,,, just saying.

No people have been pushing chairs up to the bottom step and using this space with nothing being said... are you trying to turn a drama into a crisis?

Just saying like...

Regards
THJ

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No people have been pushing chairs up to the bottom step and using this space with nothing being said... are you trying to turn a drama into a crisis?

Just saying like...

Regards
THJ

No, al leave that to you. ;)

Was trying to give the guy the heads up,,, a think the big steps under the canopy wouldn't be ideal for folding chairs,,, but if there is room for chairs at the bottom, thats great. :t:

• Haha 1