Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

3 hours ago, lewy said:

Bjarne has been an absolute legend this season, both Bjarne and his mechanic are both very approachable and happy to chat,the Plymouth fans have took to Bjarne and we are really privileged to see him every week, should be good to see crumpy when he's fit but not for a while yet.

How can you understand bjarnies spanner man the Geordie Dane dickie juul I thought only Glaswegians understood dickie 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

How can you understand bjarnies spanner man the Geordie Dane dickie juul I thought only Glaswegians understood dickie 

See you Jimmy. :blink::drink:

12 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The 8-day rule doesn’t apply to guesting for the Home No 1 (the same guest could be used every meeting), nor to an NDL rider.

012.4.2 Guest Rider (G)
Replaces an absent regular team member subject to the following: -
a) if the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the top 1-5 of the team, then the missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by +5% at a
home meeting to determine the allowance for the guest rider.
b) a rider may ride as a guest (in an official meeting) at a track only onceinan8day period(withinthatleague)unlessheisreplacing the home teams #1 or is an NDL rider guesting for the home team
c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that
particular league then the conversion factor of 1.6 will apply
d) the guest assumes the position and MA of the missing rider. A
guest rider in a ‘double header’ shall count as one meeting only
e) no rider, whose team is in the play offs may appear as a guest in
the play offs, in that league.

I'm guessing the factor of 1.6 is wrong? That would have made Hans Andersen ineligible to guest for Poole

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I'm guessing the factor of 1.6 is wrong? That would have made Hans Andersen ineligible to guest for Poole

The factor is 1.5 for 2021, amended in the supplementary regulations. 

• Like 1

Pedersen doing really well in this league and better than I thought to be fair - good on him. Always liked him since i seen him have a classic race with Fryer at Swindon in 00/01. His gating alone will score him top points

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

b) a rider may ride as a guest (in an official meeting) at a track only once in an 8 day period (within that league) unless he is replacing the home teams #1 or is an NDL rider guesting for the home team
c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor of 1.6 will apply

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

The factor is 1.5 for 2021, amended in the supplementary regulations. 

There ya go has the 8 day period been amended to a 7 day period in the supplementary regulations because that was what the whole discussion was about and like I said "So Riveting" I just tuned out but the rule was either changed or was being discussed to be changed due to the shortage of riders...

Then after much debate it was decided that it didn't matter anyway because it was our No1 who was out... 

Regards
THJ

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

There ya go has the 8 day period been amended to a 7 day period in the supplementary regulations because that was what the whole discussion was about and like I said "So Riveting" I just tuned out but the rule was either changed or was being discussed to be changed due to the shortage of riders...

Then after much debate it was decided that it didn't matter anyway because it was our No1 who was out... 

Regards
THJ

Still 8 days as far as I can see

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Pedersen doing really well in this league and better than I thought to be fair - good on him. Always liked him since i seen him have a classic race with Fryer at Swindon in 00/01. His gating alone will score him top points

That would have been the race off race for the bonus point in 2001.  Brilliant gater and meticulous equipment, with an attention to detail. Fellow Dane Pierre was his mechanic in those days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

That would have been the race off race for the bonus point in 2001.  Brilliant gater and meticulous equipment, with an attention to detail. Fellow Dane Pierre was his mechanic in those days.

Dont think there was a pass all race just nigh on side by side. Superb. Very underrated rider.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Dont think there was a pass all race just nigh on side by side. Superb. Very underrated rider.  

I got to be quite close to Paul. He was riding for Swindon, and crashed at Berwick breaking his leg badly. Knowing where he originated from I thought I should help him. I took him underclothes, socks, papers, sweets, etc, in and visited everyday. One day Ken Marshal turned up and we then started to work out how we could transport him nearer home and family.  Eventually we got the hospital to allow his release, and Ken got a friend with an estate car, with the seat dropped down, for Paul to be able to lie flat on a board for the trip. We kept in touch and I always talked with him when went to Newport and he was good to get to know. Unfortunately his suicide changed all that, but my contact continued through Brian Woodward and Paul's wife who continued to send Xmas cards for many year afterwards.

• Like 3

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

15 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I got to be quite close to Paul. He was riding for Swindon, and crashed at Berwick breaking his leg badly. Knowing where he originated from I thought I should help him. I took him underclothes, socks, papers, sweets, etc, in and visited everyday. One day Ken Marshal turned up and we then started to work out how we could transport him nearer home and family.  Eventually we got the hospital to allow his release, and Ken got a friend with an estate car, with the seat dropped down, for Paul to be able to lie flat on a board for the trip. We kept in touch and I always talked with him when went to Newport and he was good to get to know. Unfortunately his suicide changed all that, but my contact continued through Brian Woodward and Paul's wife who continued to send Xmas cards for many year afterwards.

Great guy was Fryer , and a superb rider too. In his pomp round Swindon he was nigh on untouchable - I remember even Wato and Smarty a couple of times couldnt get close to him round there. Brilliant. 

They were the days. 

• Like 2

Meeting off

Newcastle v Plymouth Sunday 27th June is called off.
Waterlogged track.
Tickets purchased can be transferred to next weeks match against Scunthorpe on Sunday July 4th. If you are requiring a refund please contact info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk
A restaging date for this meeting will be announced in the next couple of days.