British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Match off according to BSPA website. :(

But not according to the Newcastle Speedway website!!! 

I hadn’t booked yet for this meeting as living close to the track I have witnessed all the rain over the last 48 hours but if I had of done,to get my money back would I have had to go to the Newcastle “ Go Refund Me” page 

• Haha 1

To be staged after Crumpy returns to racing (on Monday, at Ipswich).......?

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

It's off was on Twitter

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

I hadn’t booked yet for this meeting as living close to the track I have witnessed all the rain over the last 48 hours but if I had of done,to get my money back would I have had to go to the Newcastle “ Go Refund Me” page 

Wow unbelievable 

• Like 1

Oh well at least you will get hopefully get a bigger crowd when bjarnne and crumpy come to town,if he’s riding for Ipswich on Monday then hopefully I will get to see the main man riding for us on Tuesday when we take you on may the best team win.

14 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Oh well at least you will get hopefully get a bigger crowd when bjarnne and crumpy come to town,if he’s riding for Ipswich on Monday then hopefully I will get to see the main man riding for us on Tuesday when we take you on may the best team win.

It's not just about crumpy ( even tho I understand your point ) but it's about speedway & getting fans old & new through the gates to keep the speedway going as Rob & his team are trying everything possible way to entertain us on the terraces... Let's hope lady luck starts to give us some as it seems it's never rained since Rob bought the spot but it's been 1 massive thunderstorm 

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Correct decision on calling off tomorrow as it's just a bit wee wet in byker this evening

Done nothing but rain for close to 36 hours

Edited by MrP

9 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Crump was never gonna be here today injury or not... 

Regards

THJ 

• Haha 2

On 6/25/2021 at 12:04 PM, Tsunami said:

That would have been the race off race for the bonus point in 2001.  Brilliant gater and meticulous equipment, with an attention to detail. Fellow Dane Pierre was his mechanic in those days.

I was there and can't believe it was 20 years ago. Bjarne was brilliant in that meeting.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Crump was never gonna be here today injury or not... 

Regards

THJ 

Hopefully he turns up on the 8th of August what looks likely to be a heck of a days racing featuring bjarnie crumpy the top 2 for Plymouth & the top 3 for Poole Stevie schlein & Danny king in a double header of a meeting.. should be cracking

Strange decision to put it as a double header when Newcastle have plenty of spare Sundays some even before that date in August.

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Strange decision to put it as a double header when Newcastle have plenty of spare Sundays some even before that date in August.

Not that many spare Sundays. It would also be determined by the availability of Plymouth and their riders.