British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

34 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not that many spare Sundays. It would also be determined by the availability of Plymouth and their riders. 

It might be an opportunity for both away fans to share a bus?,,, cut down on petrol and stuff. :t:

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It might be an opportunity for both away fans to share a bus?,,, cut down on petrol and stuff. :t:

Good idea & it's a pity that we couldn't do a Plymouth/Poole double header down south & malas tours will ride again... Bush stops on the way 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not that many spare Sundays. It would also be determined by the availability of Plymouth and their riders. 

11th July, 18th July, 5th Sept, 19th Sept, No other club has announced a double header this year so why Newcastle in spite of a few cancelled meetings.. Just seem a strange decision to me. 

10 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Good idea & it's a pity that we couldn't do a Plymouth/Poole double header down south & malas tours will ride again... Bush stops on the way 

'Bush stops', love it. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

'Bush stops', love it. :D

So do a few others especially when they cock tha leg & fall in a bunch of nettles on the A1 just outside of Peterborough .. what a scream

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Honestly 

I can't make head nor tail of it as we couldn't get the crowd for a double header with the Gems at 20 quid which was cheap...

What's the cost of this one gonna be... to make it pay under the current Covid rules and a 660 full house limit...  it needs to be at least 28 quid as a minimum... the rules will have changed for Covid but I doubt by that much where we get a free for all abandoning track and trace...

However saying that with kids and season ticket holders off those numbers 500 paying punters at 30 quid only realises £15.000 to pay for the home meeting and cover 2 away meetings...

Tight as far as I can see it... especially when a can't see 500 punters paying 30 quid... even though that would be a bargain...

Regards

THJ 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

I can't make head nor tail of it as we couldn't get the crowd for a double header with the Gems at 20 quid which was cheap...

What's the cost of this one gonna be... to make it pay under the current Covid rules and a 660 full house limit...  it needs to be at least 28 quid as a minimum... the rules will have changed for Covid but I doubt by that much where we get a free for all abandoning track and trace...

However saying that with kids and season ticket holders off those numbers 500 paying punters at 30 quid only realises £15.000 to pay for the home meeting and cover 2 away meetings...

Tight as far as I can see it... especially when a can't see 500 punters paying 30 quid... even though that would be a bargain...

Regards

THJ 

Just about getting all the meetings out the way as quick as possible this year to start again next year on a level playing field perhaps?

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Just about getting all the meetings out the way as quick as possible this year to start again next year on a level playing field perhaps?

No it's still about not losing any more money and getting as near to breaking even as possible rather than heamoraging cash...

Regards 

THJ 

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Regards

THJ 

Hopefully with riders like bjarnie. crumpy. king. schlein.stevie all on show that day will hopefully get fans backing up the club in big numbers 

I feel for Newcastle i really do. The current season is a bust and is about avoiding losing bucket loads of money and being able to come to the tapes again in 2022. If they do get to the tapes in 2022 the team assembly will be on the back foot because they don't have the financial clout of other teams which has been further hampered by this season. There is the dwindling fans numbers due to multiple reasons and then that will largely dictate the budget available for team building next year. Until the cycle can be broken it feels like repeated iffy times for the Diamonds

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I feel for Newcastle i really do. The current season is a bust and is about avoiding losing bucket loads of money and being able to come to the tapes again in 2022. If they do get to the tapes in 2022 the team assembly will be on the back foot because they don't have the financial clout of other teams which has been further hampered by this season. There is the dwindling fans numbers due to multiple reasons and then that will largely dictate the budget available for team building next year. Until the cycle can be broken it feels like repeated iffy times for the Diamonds

Think that's it S4S I don't think Newcastle will be there next season under thè same promotion... and unless there is another brave soul out there to take it on that will be that... gone...

RIP Newcastle...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think that's it S4S I don't think Newcastle will be there next season under thè same promotion... and unless there is another brave soul out there to take it on that will be that... gone...

RIP Newcastle...

Regards 

THJ 

Hope your wrong 

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

RIP Newcastle...

Regards 

THJ 

Does it make any sense to continue this season if that is the case?

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does it make any sense to continue this season if that is the case?

Hell of a fine if you don't complete the season.

• Thanks 1