British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

39 minutes ago, StevePark said:

What?  We've got three away matches before the next home meeting after Scunthorpe (Redcar on 25 July), so any income will help pay for those three matches, so how does calling it off "make business sense"??

The same ‘business sense’  as running a double header against two of the best visiting teams to attract a crowd when people moan about paying extra to watch the Gems double headers perhaps ?

Or not having a competitive team when your team is your main attraction ?

Or not having an experienced track curator when you have even less time to prepare a track due to an earlier start time ?

As a life long season ticket holder I’ve been through the good times and the not so good, this is the worst but we will , hopefully, get through it and struggle on but we need to be savvy . We’ve already had the begging bowl out so we need to tread carefully better times ( no restriction on the crowd limit ) are coming so it makes sense to run more meetings then than now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

As an ‘ outsider ‘ on the workings of the Diamonds there do seem to be some strange things going on behind the scenes but let’s hope it all works out in the end. Running with restricted crowds would appear to be suicide so why do it ?

A good track curator is essential , look at the Birmingham v Redcar fiasco and they still don’t have a permanent track man, not many left these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As an ‘ outsider ‘ on the workings of the Diamonds there do seem to be some strange things going on behind the scenes but let’s hope it all works out in the end. Running with restricted crowds would appear to be suicide so why do it ?

A good track curator is essential , look at the Birmingham v Redcar fiasco and they still don’t have a permanent track man, not many left these days.

http://birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3007

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Apologies to Dixie Dean ( as I’ve not heard of him before ) but he doesn’t appear on the BSPL tracks registered curators list, is he now the Brummies permanent track guy ? or just another guy who gives a hand ? , Like Terry ‘ the track ‘ did ? ( can’t pronounce never mind spell his surname !)

9 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Apologies to Dixie Dean ( as I’ve not heard of him before ) but he doesn’t appear on the BSPL tracks registered curators list, is he now the Brummies permanent track guy ? or just another guy who gives a hand ? , Like Terry ‘ the track ‘ did ? ( can’t pronounce never mind spell his surname !)

Must be getting on in age considering that he started playing for Everton in 1925 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Don't think "Terry the Track"  Terry Chrazbaszcz was ever another guy who turns up to gives a hand anywhere. He was the best track curator I have ever know and was always the main man when he was working on a track. 

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slyfox said:

Don't think "Terry the Track"  Terry Chrazbaszcz was ever another guy who turns up to gives a hand anywhere. He was the best track curator I have ever know and was always the main man when he was working on a track. 

Oh but he did, when he was asked he did fill in at Birmingham and Wolverhampton as there local to him but I do agree, one of the best there has been and he’s a loss to the sport .

4 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Oh but he did, when he was asked he did fill in at Birmingham and Wolverhampton as there local to him but I do agree, one of the best there has been and he’s a loss to the sport .

Terry is not lost to the sport he is still helping out at wolves and working as a track advisor for the scb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Dixie Dean is Swindon track man according to what I was told. Put the new shaped track in at Blunsdon  and highly rated

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Dixie Dean is Swindon track man according to what I was told. Put the new shaped track in at Blunsdon  and highly rated

Swindon? Ah, makes sense then, hope he’s managed to turn it back to the good surface it was rather than the neglected swamp it was on fiasco night.

Terry’s a track advisor ? Good, but there’s less and less to ‘ advise ‘ , a dying art is track curating.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Swindon? Ah, makes sense then, hope he’s managed to turn it back to the good surface it was rather than the neglected swamp it was on fiasco night.

Terry’s a track advisor ? Good, but there’s less and less to ‘ advise ‘ , a dying art is track curating.

Was talking to Terry 

yesterday and he said that he will be looking to work at tracks again next year, if he can get the right deal that works for him. So hopefully not lost to the sport . Would be good to have him back as he said he been doing tracks for 37 plus years.  

Edited by Trackerman48
Missed some words
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 12:56 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Was talking to Terry 

yesterday and he said that he will be looking to work at tracks again next year, if he can get the right deal that works for him. So hopefully not lost to the sport . Would be good to have him back as he said he been doing tracks for 37 plus years.  

Terry and Jonathan Swales at Redcar together ? Can’t see it but that would be a dream team. Just good that Terry is thinking of carrying in but I think he’ll stay local to his midlands home as he’s not getting any younger,