British Speedway Forum
andout

Jack Geran

It is with great sadness that I share with you Jack Geran’s peaceful passing. The family were with him Father’s Day and yesterday his daughter Sarah and granddaughter (me) were with him all day. Just as in speedway he was a favourite and much loved part of Ivydene residential home.
Under the circumstances we have decided not to have a service for Dad. Instead we will hold a memorial in the future. Which we will keep you informed.
Jack would want you all to enjoy the sunshine today and a cold beer.
Thank you for all you support over these past few years.
From the Geran family.

SOURCE: World Speedway Riders Assoc....Facebook.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

This is very sad news.

I would like to offer my condolences to you and the rest of your family, and also, to his many friends.

R.I.P. Jack. +

So sorry to hear this, andout. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

sad day, a lovely bloke

Sad new indeed. Jack was a member of the all conquering "Cheetahs" of 1964 of which now only Eddie Reeves and John Bishop survive.

RIP

• Like 1

Sad news indeed. Jack was one of Oxford speedway's "G men" along with Gooch, Gooddy and Genz in that 1964 team.

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear re Jack-a really nice individual-had an opportunity to talk to him a few times and he struck me as an optimistic guy with a sunny disposition.. One of the relatively few Aussies who settled in England, one of the all conquering Oxford of 1964. Also great to watch in 1965 with Exeter. R.I.P. Jack

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, andout said:
It is with great sadness that I share with you Jack Geran’s peaceful passing. The family were with him Father’s Day and yesterday his daughter Sarah and granddaughter (me) were with him all day. Just as in speedway he was a favourite and much loved part of Ivydene residential home.
Under the circumstances we have decided not to have a service for Dad. Instead we will hold a memorial in the future. Which we will keep you informed.
Jack would want you all to enjoy the sunshine today and a cold beer.
Thank you for all you support over these past few years.
From the Geran family.

SOURCE: World Speedway Riders Assoc....Facebook.

RIP Jack .

Very sad news and condolences to his family , I remember Jack on his visits to Brandon with Leicester and Oxford, a classic rider of the fifties and sixties. RIP Jack