British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European U 23 team championship final Daugavpils Sunday 29th August live on the internet ??

On 7/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, f-s-p said:

He probably wont either…

News now out that after Antti Vuolas was ruled out with a back injury from his fall in the u23 final, there was also a possible covid exposure within the remaining three racing teams in the national team. A decision was then made on monday to withdraw the whole team to allow the organisers maximum time to make necessary changes.

I wonder about the amount of rubbish hitting the fan had there really been (test results out now, neg) a covid positive person or persons in the Seinäjoki pits last weekend. Every rider was there with their crews and we’ve yet to reach halfway of our season…

Edited by f-s-p

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Chances of this being called off before tomorrow afternoon? 

I can't really say. There has been some heavy rain, even flooding in areas near Brokstedt (Bad Segeberg for instance just 30 miles away) and rain, some heavy all day today, and a lot of tomorrow. But maybe they are lucky and are just outside the rain. Tbh in Hamburg we haven't had much more than a small shower

Today’s weather symbol 

Gewitterschauer

Edited by iris123

As a  Berwick fan, really annoying, as with Leon riding for us tonight we have a chance of knocking out Glasgow in the cup, but without him, it’s not going to happen really, going to be so frustrating if it gets rained off

• Like 1

Was somewhat surprised that Brokstedt announced yesterday evening that everything was ready for the meeting today. We had about an hour when the heavens just opened up and most of the rest of the day was wet

Today at Brokstedt the Dutch will be without Jeffrey Sijbesma. He was injured when he fell at a meeting in Nordhasted yesterday. Sijbesma will be replaced in the team of the Netherlands by their reserve rider Dave Meijerink.

The pits look like a building side, without even a level floor or a roof. Why do we keep sending international riders to some dump of a farm in a middle of no where without infrastructure?

Starts taking it towards mickey mouse sports like grasstrack.

This is supposed to a professional sports major European Championship, not a gypos weekend in a field.

Anyway anyone live streaming this, my original source has got zero phone signal.

9 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

The pits look like a building side, without even a level floor or a roof. Why do we keep sending international riders to some dump of a farm in a middle of no where without infrastructure?

Starts taking it towards mickey mouse sports like grasstrack.

This is supposed to a professional sports major European Championship, not a gypos weekend in a field.

Anyway anyone live streaming this, my original source has got zero phone signal.

This was the second (if not third) track in Germany willing to host the meeting. At this time (especially since it seems all other track racing in Germany has been cancelled dueto covid), one should just ve happy that there is a meeting to ride in.

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

This was the second (if not third) track in Germany willing to host the meeting. At this time (especially since it seems all other track racing in Germany has been cancelled dueto covid), one should just ve happy that there is a meeting to ride in.

Why does it need to be in Germany,?plenty of tracks that aren't in a field in the middle of the know where, all across Europe.

9 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Not true. There was of course the meeting in Nordhastedt not far away. Also today is another meeting in Parchim and Stralsund will host the German Individual final soon

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Not true. There was of course the meeting in Nordhastedt not far away. Also today is another meeting in Parchim and Stralsund will host the German Individual final soon

Iris, what happening with the track that had to have sound tests etc recently, so it could reopen?

Is that still moving forward?

2 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Iris, what happening with the track that had to have sound tests etc recently, so it could reopen?

Is that still moving forward?

Is that the new track in Neubrandenburg ? There was a track years ago. If that is the one you mean, yes it is all looking positive. Slow, but going forward

• Thanks 1

Next year I hope to get to a couple of German tracks over a weekend, I may come to you for advice on where is accessible via train relatively easily. (I don't drive and don't like to fly) so I am quite accustomed to European trains and coaches. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Next year I hope to get to a couple of German tracks over a weekend, I may come to you for advice on where is accessible via train relatively easily. (I don't drive and don't like to fly) so I am quite accustomed to European trains and coaches. :)

No problem. Have done a few train journeys to tracks myself

Sun starting to make an appearance at track now, hope last of the showers has gone through

• Like 1