British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European U 23 team championship final Daugavpils Sunday 29th August live on the internet ??

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Not true. There was of course the meeting in Nordhastedt not far away. Also today is another meeting in Parchim and Stralsund will host the German Individual final soon

I knew I was on thin ice and didit anyway :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Why does it need to be in Germany,?plenty of tracks that aren't in a field in the middle of the know where, all across Europe.

It doesnt need to be in Germany. But these meetings need a club/track/promotion that is willing to take the financial risk of running them. This meeting was originally set to be ridden in late April. I guess DMSB have done their best to find a new track over the summer to save face in UEM.

All FIM lt meetings have been called off, and now LT of nations in NL as well. Personally I’m surprised this meeting is going a head.

3 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

It doesnt need to be in Germany. But these meetings need a club/track/promotion that is willing to take the financial risk of running them. This meeting was originally set to be ridden in late April. I guess DMSB have done their best to find a new track over the summer to save face in UEM.

All FIM lt meetings have been called off, and now LT of nations in NL as well. Personally I’m surprised this meeting is going a head.

You make a fair point sir. Yeah I am surprised also with various travel restrictions in different territories that speedway still has international events. Guess again your right, we should just be thankfully any meetings atm.

A very talented British team indeed and one with a few seasons left at u23 level. The more trips to Europe these lads get the better.

Track looks fine now. Meeting delayed by 30 minutes because of a queue at the entrance + additional track work.

When your meeting is essentially over, I don't see why you wouldn't give all 5 riders a race. Rather then sending someone all that way to watch. Even more so given we are in a pandemic.

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

When your meeting is essentially over, I don't see why you wouldn't give all 5 riders a race. Rather then sending someone all that way to watch. Even more so given we are in a pandemic.

Evidently Dan did get 2 rides, just not mentioned on the live updates.

21 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

It did come up. Maybe they stopped watching before the nominated heats ?

Just out of interest, how did the weather hold up ?

In parts of Hamburg we had some flooding !!

https://www.mopo.de/hamburg/starkregen-ueber-hamburg-vollgelaufener-keller-und-ueberflutete-strasse/

Also saw the crowd was very disappointing. 650 or so. But maybe the weather and the price played a part. Thought it pretty expensive for what was basically a junior meeting

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

It did come up. Maybe they stopped watching before the nominated heats ?

Just out of interest, how did the weather hold up ?

In parts of Hamburg we had some flooding !!

https://www.mopo.de/hamburg/starkregen-ueber-hamburg-vollgelaufener-keller-und-ueberflutete-strasse/

Also saw the crowd was very disappointing. 650 or so. But maybe the weather and the price played a part. Thought it pretty expensive for what was basically a junior meeting

Damn you Germans are cheap :lol: Just a week ago at our local service station I saw a mother wrapping 3 mini tomatoes to go from  her plate after she was finished…

I still remember people turning back in front of us on the queue when they found out the tickets were 13 and not 11 or some similar in Wolfslake 2004. And that was a good meeting that ended in a runoff between PK (not faller but the real deal) and Billy Hamill. We didnt turn back having walked the last hour to the track.

So I checked and the purse for this meeting was  6800 euros. So if that lot payed 10€ each to get in, prize money was covered. The meeting permit in UEM meetings is not that expensive, and in Finnish scale the expense for this meeting would have been around 3k, below 4k. Some of that covered with sponsorship. Remember I have NO IDEA what it cost to run a meeting in Broksted.

Glad they did do it and Danny got his name in the books.

5 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Damn you Germans are cheap :lol: Just a week ago at our local service station I saw a mother wrapping 3 mini tomatoes to go from  her plate after she was finished…

I still remember people turning back in front of us on the queue when they found out the tickets were 13 and not 11 or some similar in Wolfslake 2004. And that was a good meeting that ended in a runoff between PK (not faller but the real deal) and Billy Hamill. We didnt turn back having walked the last hour to the track.

So I checked and the purse for this meeting was  6800 euros. So if that lot payed 10€ each to get in, prize money was covered. The meeting permit in UEM meetings is not that expensive, and in Finnish scale the expense for this meeting would have been around 3k, below 4k. Some of that covered with sponsorship. Remember I have NO IDEA what it cost to run a meeting in Broksted.

Glad they did do it and Danny got his name in the books.

Ha ha

I saw some comments yesterday about the field and price for a meeting at Teterow 

20€ for a low level international field. And one guy was defending it saying how hard it is in Covid times to assemble a field of riders and anyway it is cheaper than Brokstedt the other day for a junior meeting !!! 
So Brokstedt is going to be used as the measure to which other promotions can compare and say ‘ at least we are cheaper than Brokstedt’ :D

35 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Ha ha

I saw some comments yesterday about the field and price for a meeting at Teterow 

20€ for a low level international field. And one guy was defending it saying how hard it is in Covid times to assemble a field of riders and anyway it is cheaper than Brokstedt the other day for a junior meeting !!! 
So Brokstedt is going to be used as the measure to which other promotions can compare and say ‘ at least we are cheaper than Brokstedt’ :D

I had seen the poster for Brokstedt, didnt find it right away now so just went with a comparable tenner.

And with this, I must say this was the second time this week I missed speedway.org.

EDIT: our Dutch friend, leader in his field me thinks should make it easier on his site to navigate in past results. Just a thought…

Edited by f-s-p