British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

King’s Lynn v Belle Vue 24 June

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn deserved to lose but I'm not having that argument at all. 

If rider's where earning a salary then yes but paid per point, there's no way any rider thinks about league points during a meeting. They all look after themselves & want to earn every ££ available. 

I would have once agreed, however, times have changed, and massively for some....

Those who have much more to earn (and lose) over the following night/weekend in Poland may no longer (quite understandably), "give it their all" when a meeting is comfortably won.....

Dan Bewley for example has 'World Stage' aspirations that hopefully get advanced via the SEC this weekend as well as also riding in front of a possible full house at Wroclaw as they try to stay top of the table...

For riders like this I am sure that when a meeting is all but over in the UK, then no undue risks will be taken if they don't make the gate..

Either consciously or unconsciously....

And given the rewards on offer in Poland for being a success you can only understand that position, as it's just human nature..

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

Don't get too carried away, just like the centre green presenter after heat 15, Belle Vue took their foot off the gas towards the end of the meeting with 4 points comfortably in the bag. 

I agree with Daniel.Riders are paid per point and they don't even know their teams scores all they are interested in is piling up the points.Bewley was riding his nuts off to try and gain extra points in his last couple of races.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Trees said:

In the days when speedway was a relatively rich sport ......

Lynn had a speedway only, best in the country, track.  It's obviously still decent, Dan Bewley tweeted tonight how much he enjoyed it and he's riding all over the world so should know!

Those days are gone though, they are decades ago when you lot were enthusiastic youngsters!  I still love it, yes want close racing but I won't give it up til I'm 6 foot under haha

I was in the stadium for 6.30, and saw the BV rides walk the track. As they walked back in the pits they was saying between themselves how good the track looked.

It is slicker this season ,as the race times back that up, and although i think some riders asked for it, i'm, not so sure they have their bikes dialled in for some reason. 

13 hours ago, Trees said:

In the days when speedway was a relatively rich sport ......

Lynn had a speedway only, best in the country, track.  It's obviously still decent, Dan Bewley tweeted tonight how much he enjoyed it and he's riding all over the world so should know!

Those days are gone though, they are decades ago when you lot were enthusiastic youngsters!  I still love it, yes want close racing but I won't give it up til I'm 6 foot under haha

Hyde Road, even with the sharing of Stock cars or are you referring to after Hyde Road closed, and lets not forget Coventry, Bradford,Sheffield.

22 hours ago, Haza said:

I’d already thought it - but is it dropping down ? 10 years ago I’d said bad move but now it’s the better product with the same riders more or less - 6 team PL is no good to anyone . 

Some cracking stuff in Championship already this year 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Hyde Road, even with the sharing of Stock cars or are you referring to after Hyde Road closed, and lets not forget Coventry, Bradford,Sheffield.

Were Coventry, Bradford and Sheffield speedway only ? That was clearly what Trees said in her post...

49 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Were Coventry, Bradford and Sheffield speedway only ? That was clearly what Trees said in her post...

I doubt it, but they were still excellent speedway tracks, as is Kings Lynn. PS so was Hyde Rd, and was most speedway fans favorite track.

Edited by hyderd

15 hours ago, tellboy said:

I agree with Daniel.Riders are paid per point and they don't even know their teams scores all they are interested in is piling up the points.Bewley was riding his nuts off to try and gain extra points in his last couple of races.

dan is not bothered about a extra £50 for winning he gets more than that start money in poland :rofl: match over not even a contest easy win :cheers::party:

On 6/25/2021 at 11:32 PM, Rob B said:

Don't get too carried away, just like the centre green presenter after heat 15, Belle Vue took their foot off the gas towards the end of the meeting with 4 points comfortably in the bag. 

I'm not getting carried away just saying how I see it I'm trying to find the positives of out of a home loss. 

6 hours ago, First Bend Bunching said:

I'm not getting carried away just saying how I see it I'm trying to find the positives of out of a home loss. 

There are no positives from any defeat especially a home one.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:30 PM, mrss said:

The only thing you are sure on is knocking Kings Lynn speedway.

4 hours ago, mrss said:

There are no positives from any defeat especially a home one.

Just leave this here

15 hours ago, GAH said:

dan is not bothered about a extra £50 for winning he gets more than that start money in poland :rofl: match over not even a contest easy win :cheers::party:

So you are saying Dan is only on £50 a point :nono:

On 6/25/2021 at 11:32 PM, Rob B said:

That's what I said BUT then someone else said to me, why would they want to chuck wages away, true that ..... I think they thought Kurtz n Dan would get an easy 5-1 in the last or they would've put out lower order riders .....

Do the top boys not work on guarantees in terms of earnings per meeting ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, semion said:

Do the top boys not work on guarantees in terms of earnings per meeting ?

Yes