British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

King’s Lynn v Belle Vue 24 June

Haha the boss believes we’ve got what it takes to turn it around! He’s as deluded as dale allitt is! 

What do you expect him to say, 'we're gash and will keep losing so don't bother coming?'

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What do you expect him to say, 'we're gash and will keep losing so don't bother coming?'

would be an honest assessment!  

but in all honesty hopefully him and dale are gone at end of season and get someone who knows what they are doing into the club  

9 hours ago, Trees said:

If the meeting was over the last 7 heats we'd have won

:D That’s right up there with Schroeck’s “it feels like a win” after we stopped Ipswich only getting the 3 points rather than 4.

We were 17 points down at home after 8 races.

Edited by Speedball

9 minutes ago, pubichair said:

would be an honest assessment!  

but in all honesty hopefully him and dale are gone at end of season and get someone who knows what they are doing into the club  

It has a feel of the last season with Waggy  in charge . Drop to the Championship wouldn’t surprise me and could keep the same team 

58 minutes ago, Haza said:

It has a feel of the last season with Waggy  in charge . Drop to the Championship wouldn’t surprise me and could keep the same team 

Explain how we could keep the same team?

10 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

Did he win whilst racing by himself? 

I can' tell you that. You should of been there :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rob B said:

If this is limited  to 1000 then they weren’t getting much more then 1000 last couple of seasons as this isn’t much less then past crowds when I’ve been. 

Limited to 1000 Rob. But as you say the crowd wasn't much different form before the restrictions. This covid thing isn't making much if any difference to our gate. There looked like at least 1000 there, but i have bought a ticket online, just before the meetings this season. So who knows.

Edited by Bald Bloke

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Explain how we could keep the same team?

Because it already is a championship team - not sure on averages though 

Is the signing of Sam Hagon an indication that Stars dropping down next year? He could be a good RS in the Championship in 2022

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Haza said:

Because it already is a championship team - not sure on averages though 

I read on here somewhere that the team  would be 9 points over the limit.

22 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I read on here somewhere that the team  would be 9 points over the limit.

Like I said wasn’t sure on averages. 

39 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Is the signing of Sam Hagon an indication that Stars dropping down next year? He could be a good RS in the Championship in 2022

I’d already thought it - but is it dropping down ? 10 years ago I’d said bad move but now it’s the better product with the same riders more or less - 6 team PL is no good to anyone . 

When I think back to the Star studded line-ups from the 60s/70s  onwards.   Where did it all go so badly wrong ?

Sad place to end up for what was once a great night’s entertainment.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, semion said:

When I think back to the Star studded line-ups from the 60s/70s  onwards.   Where did it all go so badly wrong ?

Sad place to end up for what was once a great night’s entertainment.

Sadly you are correct - where it go wrong ? Moving away from Saturday nights racing because of the GP series and riders increasingly wanting race in Europe on the weekends hasn’t helped - promotions taking fans for granted hasn’t helped either total failure to attract the next generation of fans to watch speedway .- but for me it’s the fact the world has moved on but the sport hasn’t - 15 races for £20 clearly isn’t value for money for what’s on offer .