British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

King’s Lynn v Belle Vue 24 June

yeah it's the truth :rofl:

2 hours ago, semion said:

When I think back to the Star studded line-ups from the 60s/70s  onwards.   Where did it all go so badly wrong ?

Sad place to end up for what was once a great night’s entertainment.

It was the only nights entertainment back then:P.Unless you counted a kick about with your mates at the rec,a swift half with your grandad at the local or knocking up a wooden go kart in the shed:D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It was the only nights entertainment back then:P.Unless you counted a kick about with your mates at the rec,a swift half with your grandad at the local or knocking up a wooden go kart in the shed:D

what about getting a loaf of Hovis up t'shop

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevehone said:

what about getting a loaf of Hovis up t'shop

Never done that Steve,we weren't privileged to have a horse and cart back then and I weren't pushing me bike up t'hill just for loaf of hovis.

Good Article in this weeks star for KL fans  .... Edwin Overland's  dream team ....... KL have certainly had some world class riders over the years, and Edwin has only been allowed to pick a team of 8.

None of the present group feature ..........

3 hours ago, semion said:

When I think back to the Star studded line-ups from the 60s/70s  onwards.   Where did it all go so badly wrong ?

When I lived in Norwich in mid seventies went to every Lynn home meeting and even an away one at Exeter when on holiday in area. Never really  got to be a Lynn supporter , but even with the then poor facilities  the experience was  a whole lot better than it is now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, semion said:

All went wrong once we stopped racing on a Saturday night, every Saturday was speedway night, it all changed when we had to accommodate riders wanting to ride in Poland, and then the grand Prix's came along.

Saturday’s sure were a good day. Once a fortnight   Up the City to watch the Canaries.   Grab some food ( King Beefy was a favourite).  Pick the Pink Un up then a dash over to Saddlebow.

Happy Days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haza said:

Like I said wasn’t sure on averages. 

The only thing you are sure on is knocking Kings Lynn speedway.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

The only thing you are sure on is knocking Kings Lynn speedway.

Really ? And of course you never do lol wow pot kettle springs to mind 

Edited by Haza

3 hours ago, semion said:

Saturday’s sure were a good day. Once a fortnight   Up the City to watch the Canaries.   Grab some food ( King Beefy was a favourite).  Pick the Pink Un up then a dash over to Saddlebow.

Happy Days. 

In the days when speedway was a relatively rich sport ......

Lynn had a speedway only, best in the country, track.  It's obviously still decent, Dan Bewley tweeted tonight how much he enjoyed it and he's riding all over the world so should know!

Those days are gone though, they are decades ago when you lot were enthusiastic youngsters!  I still love it, yes want close racing but I won't give it up til I'm 6 foot under haha

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The track was ran slicker last night up to heat 8, presumably because of the threat of rain then Buster graded and watered the track and Lynn were then the better team. Shame it was nine heats too late but there was more fight in this team than the one for Wolverhampton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, First Bend Bunching said:

The track was ran slicker last night up to heat 8, presumably because of the threat of rain then Buster graded and watered the track and Lynn were then the better team. Shame it was nine heats too late but there was more fight in this team than the one for Wolverhampton.

Don't get too carried away, just like the centre green presenter after heat 15, Belle Vue took their foot off the gas towards the end of the meeting with 4 points comfortably in the bag. 

51 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Don't get too carried away, just like the centre green presenter after heat 15, Belle Vue took their foot off the gas towards the end of the meeting with 4 points comfortably in the bag. 

King's Lynn deserved to lose but I'm not having that argument at all. 

If rider's where earning a salary then yes but paid per point, there's no way any rider thinks about league points during a meeting. They all look after themselves & want to earn every ££ available. 

• Like 2