British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Eastbourne Friday 26 June 2021 @ 7.30pm

This should be a cracker with the return of Richard Lawson and Lewis Kerr, not to mention the very impressive Tom Brennan. Kennett and Newman are no slouches and Drew Kemp had some impressive laps at Saturday's GP qualifier. Their rising star is Jason Edwards who scored 13 points and finished third in the British Under 21 semi final at Redcar recently. This will be close and I'd imagine a fair number of Eastbourne fans and Tigers 'haters' will be purchasing the live stream at only £11.95 - see link Home | Glasgow Tigers Speedway   You have to register and then follow the onscreen instructions. As a taster of the the action, here's two heats from the Grand Prix qualifier https://fb.watch/v/arjRfeFG9/  and https://fb.watch/v/1M7HJe1kT/

Edited by SharpenRake

12 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

This should be a cracker with the return of Richard Lawson and Lewis Kerr, not to mention the very impressive Tom Brennan. Kennett and Newman are no slouches and Drew Kemp had some impressive laps at Saturday's GP qualifier. Their rising star is Jason Edwards who scored 13 points and finished third in the British Under 21 semi final at Redcar recently. This will be close and I'd imagine a fair number of Eastbourne fans and Tigers 'haters' will be purchasing the live stream at only £11.95 - see link Home | Glasgow Tigers Speedway   You have to register and then follow the onscreen instructions. As a taster of the the action, here's two heats from the Grand Prix qualifier https://fb.watch/v/arjRfeFG9/  and https://fb.watch/v/1M7HJe1kT/

I watched the GP qualifier live stream from Glasgow last week what a great meeting and very easy to sign up and watch.  I'll definitely be watching this Friday and hoping for a good meeting and an Eagles win.  I prefer going to meetings but Glasgow is a 7 hour drive for me so to watch the live stream is a no brainer and the price is OK as well. 

• Like 5

Mixed fortunes last night in the Premier league last night for Craig, Broc, Justin and Ricky. Hopefully they will be all a bit more race fit after these matches and haven't knackered themselves or their bikes. 

routine  home win, jensen the matchwinner scoring a boatload at the bottom, 52-38

Edited by ruckerroo

Had the stream last Saturday which was brilliant.

Dived in again as this could be close.

Any Team with Oystercard and Sedgeman in it will know only too well it's going to be one extreme or the other. Oyster is due a bad one. Nichol has been especially disappointing so far, thought he would clean up in this team.

Eagles seem to get best out of Lawson, Kerr; Brennan and especially Newman but will miss Kemp. Delighted to see Kyle, who we ditched far too soon going so well and smile on his face.

Key will be Kennett whose scores seem to have been more like a number 6 than a number 1.

If he returns 8 points or more could be close. Wonder how long Eastie will persevere with him before looking elsewhere? 

49 - 41

• Like 1

If Kennett was in any kind of form I'd say it'd be fairly close but he's been dreadful so far, therefore reckon it should be a fairly comfortable home win.  Be interesting to see how Jake Knight goes (a stylish rider), but Kemp is an obvious miss for The Eagles.

Track looking slick apparently 

39 minutes ago, M.D said:

Track looking slick apparently 

Good. It was apparently a bit slick for the GP qualifier and the racing was brilliant. 

25 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Good. It was apparently a bit slick for the GP qualifier and the racing was brilliant. 

Hope so, going to watch the stream 

Another value for money stream this evening. Was a good match just a shame Kennett and Newman were shambolic for Eastbourne. Brennan once again showing what a top talent he is with some good rides. Jensen brilliant for the Tigers. I really hope Glasgow keep this streaming service going long term because its a fantastic race track and I love the effort the promotion have put into the club and they really want to win which for me in sport is so important.

• Like 6

Predictable 3 points for glasgow. Jensen best reserve in league by a mile . Eastbournes habit of being right in contention but fading in last few heats away from home is very concerning. Just think they could have had nicholls instead of kennett and had about 0.3 spare, loyalty gets you bugger all in speedway

Glasgow were toiling in the first 10 heats, winning only 4 of them. Their gating was appalling, and made it all the more difficult for themselves. The ht10 break was pivotal, I'm sure words were had in the pits and Glasgow woke up thereafter.

Cook was decent, Jensen was immense despite his inexperience and Ully continues to outperform his 6.09 average in contrast to Wells who is becoming a passenger, can't gate, can't chase and has no speed. For Eastbourne Lawson and Kerr were good as always with bits of back up from Brennan and Knight. Eddie Kennett put in a usual Glasgow performance where if he gated he won otherwise he wasnt interested. I had a sneaking suspicion earlier in the week that he might find a reason to be absent, r/r being better than him turning up but fair play. Onward to Berwick tomorrow.

Enjoyable night’s entertainment Cook looking to be getting his mojo back how good is it when he misses the gate and stalks his prey , heat 15 being the prime example.

Jensen was fantastic again but credit to both teams  on a good nights racing.

What’s happened to Kennett shocking performance from a number 1. 

Ditto Wells for us it must be a concern how poorly he has started the season.

26 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Enjoyable night’s entertainment Cook looking to be getting his mojo back how good is it when he misses the gate and stalks his prey , heat 15 being the prime example.

Jensen was fantastic again but credit to both teams  on a good nights racing.

What’s happened to Kennett shocking performance from a number 1. 

Ditto Wells for us it must be a concern how poorly he has started the season.

Kennett has been shocking all season and scored about the same tonight as he's been scoring home and away. No chance of the playoffs( see we're bottom after tonight)with a number 1 getting about 3 a meeting, such a shame as especially Lawson, Kerr and Brennen's great efforts so far this season have virtually counted for nothing with his poor performances. 

excellent stream again from Glasgow well done, will be regular Friday night fix until  Speedway returns to Perry Barr, if indeed it does.

much closer than the final score suggests could have gone either way in many heats, great racing on a great track

don't think I've ever seen anyone try harder than Newman for 0 points, Cookie just class in heat 15

Nichol and Wells struggling but Glasgow still top is ominous. Jensen has improved tons.

clear where Eastie problems lie if they can sort that could well be in play offs and very dangerous. 

• Like 1