British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Eastbourne Friday 26 June 2021 @ 7.30pm

1 hour ago, HGould said:

excellent stream again from Glasgow well done, will be regular Friday night fix until  Speedway returns to Perry Barr, if indeed it does.

much closer than the final score suggests could have gone either way in many heats, great racing on a great track

don't think I've ever seen anyone try harder than Newman for 0 points, Cookie just class in heat 15

Nichol and Wells struggling but Glasgow still top is ominous. Jensen has improved tons.

clear where Eastie problems lie if they can sort that could well be in play offs and very dangerous. 

I have to say the stream was really good, much better than I thought it would be and a fair price too.

Loaded it up on my smart TV so had the big screen experience in the lounge, very good indeed.

It's been a strange season for the Eagles, they are much better than results are showing and bottom of the league at this point is somewhat misleading I think.

They need more meetings to ride into form, had a break from racing and now 3 meetings in 5 days next weekend, that doesn't help at all.

We do have a few problems but I think we will make the play off's and momentum is everything at that point, you win the league over 4 meetings..

Think Wells is proving to be a disappointment so far.The averages change soon so things might change;).

Not bad by Eastbourne when you consider they're effectively riding without a number 1/5 at the moment and Drew Kemp wasn't there.

If Kennett doesn't improve considerably over coming weeks then a tough choice may have to be made. A commendably loyal club to its riders but it may cost a playoff spot otherwise. Not sure who would fit/be available though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, solrac said:

Not bad by Eastbourne when you consider they're effectively riding without a number 1/5 at the moment and Drew Kemp wasn't there.

If Kennett doesn't improve considerably over coming weeks then a tough choice may have to be made. A commendably loyal club to its riders but it may cost a playoff spot otherwise. Not sure who would fit/be available though.

Don't take this as fact because I don't know how true it is but rumours that this will be Ed's last season so I don't think they will drop him.

57 minutes ago, M.D said:

Don't take this as fact because I don't know how true it is but rumours that this will be Ed's last season so I don't think they will drop him.

The only hope to rescue Eastie's season if that is the case is Lawson continues to be a proper championship No1 riding at 1 not 5, and Lewis Kerr can maintain and improve on his start to the season ( how he's come back from his broken collarbone so quickly and banging the points in straight away is astonishing) and hold his own at No 5. If by dropping down to a second string or reserve gives Kennett a bit more confidence may work, but if he doesn't improve will be too much for the other's to carry every meeting. 

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think Wells is proving to be a disappointment so far.The averages change soon so things might change;).

Nobody told him he can stop lowering his average yet. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Nobody told him he can stop lowering his average yet. 

Maybe it’s still the case though..;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The new averages put Jensen into the 1-5, as expected.  But the new reserve will be Sedgy, not Ricky Wells....

Just now, crescent girl said:

The new averages put Jensen into the 1-5, as expected.  But the new reserve will be Sedgy, not Ricky Wells....

Not really what I was thinking.;)

22 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Ricky Wells remains third heat-leader.    

Edited by crescent girl

Kennett has been pathetic for Eastbourne this year and will probably cost them big time unless he gets going soon.

Another good entertaining match on Friday. When Kennett won heat 5 followed home by Tom Brennan I thought here we go and then when Jake Knight and Brennan did the same in heat 8 for the Eagles to take a 2 point lead I thought this is going to be tougher than I even thought. In the end the result looked comfortable but it was a lot closer than the score looks helped by a sublime ride by Cook in heat 15 - see https://fb.watch/6o4VUQd9rr/