British Speedway Forum
Col

Cat Fight. P'boro v Sheffield 28 June

So this will be my first visit to EoEA as an adult... As (maybe) just a teen I visited the EoESg !! Only to be generally disappointed with every Cradley rider on show that day. Other than Brandon & Monmore I'd not seen them away from Dudley Wood before.

So what should I expect? I hope the roads have improved.  Will need dinner in a local establishment. Any recommendations? I have assumed the Tigers of Owlerton will give the Panthers something to worry about more than Hamill, Hancock & Handberg did in the very early 90's.

Harvester at entrance to showground

Or if you fancy something a bit nicer, Cuckoo Pub in Alwalton which is 2 mins from entrance is a lovely pub.

Harvester is decent mind!

Edited by Panthers99
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Col said:

So this will be my first visit to EoEA as an adult... As (maybe) just a teen I visited the EoESg !! Only to be generally disappointed with every Cradley rider on show that day. Other than Brandon & Monmore I'd not seen them away from Dudley Wood before.

So what should I expect? I hope the roads have improved.  Will need dinner in a local establishment. Any recommendations? I have assumed the Tigers of Owlerton will give the Panthers something to worry about more than Hamill, Hancock & Handberg did in the very early 90's.

1. Eat before the meeting, the food at EOES is very expensive and horrible. If you want somewhere to eat near the track, Harvester or The Cuckoo. If you're prepared to venture into Peterborough's city centre, there's a whole host of options. Peterborough is a very diverse city, we have a range of cuisine. and at very affordable prices. 

2. Avoid the toilets at the Showground if you can. They are not nice.

3.  If you want a good seat in the Grandstand, be prepared to arrive early.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

1. Eat before the meeting, the food at EOES is very expensive and horrible. If you want somewhere to eat near the track, Harvester or The Cuckoo. If you're prepared to venture into Peterborough's city centre, there's a whole host of options. Peterborough is a very diverse city, we have a range of cuisine. and at very affordable prices. 

2. Avoid the toilets at the Showground if you can. They are not nice.

3.  If you want a good seat in the Grandstand, be prepared to arrive early.

Quite true about the grandstand, and someone puts blankets over loads of them before the turnstiles are open, so can only assume staff are saving them for family and friends. But I'm talking COVID of course, don't know now, as I never go there.
It's a bit like Germans and sunbeds!!

Edited by Mimmo

I'll try the Cookoo thanks, I intend to be at the stadium fairly early. I'm surprised I haven't been told where to stand.. unlike at Owlerton! (later in the week).  Or maybe I have and haven't read the ticket properly. I'll try the grandstand if I can.

When I visited 30 odd years ago I don't think my father & I were allowed in the grandstand, but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Col said:

I'll try the Cookoo thanks, I intend to be at the stadium fairly early. I'm surprised I haven't been told where to stand.. unlike at Owlerton! (later in the week).  Or maybe I have and haven't read the ticket properly. I'll try the grandstand if I can.

When I visited 30 odd years ago I don't think my father & I were allowed in the grandstand, but I could be wrong.

Grandstand is first come first served.  Every other row is blocked off and your party has to leave two seats between the next party.  Masks mandatory.  You can stand where you like outside of the grandstand, socially distanced of course. 

Thanks, don't have problem wearing a mask, pretty much used to it now.

Edited by Col

On paper Sheffield the favourites a lot will depend on whether Mr  Holder turns up both in mind and body. Other factor being that the entire Panthers team are capable of riding at a level way beyond their average

We're making hard work of our home fixtures,so you'd expect a Panthers win by about 10/12 points.

Jack Holder will get a very good reception from the Panthers fans. He is very much regarded as a legend.

Torun paid the Panthers £28,000 a few years ago for Jack's services.

• Haha 3

He's hardly a legend..did alright for a season but was a pain in the ass and clearly wasn't that fussed with British speedway.