British Speedway Forum
Col

Cat Fight. P'boro v Sheffield 28 June

3 minutes ago, Col said:

What's car parking situation?

£1 to park in a field opposite the entrance.  It's then a 5 minutes walk to the grandstand

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

I am unsure whether to come up for this meeting as the thought of watching Love Island with the wife & daughter fills me with dread.

What is the weather situation looking like in Peterborough as do not want a wasted journey if can be helped so any updates would be most appreciated 

It's fine but dull. The forecast isn't great but changing and looking much less threatening, although the possible late afternoon downpour would be a slight concern. If there was standing water around I'd say consider giving it a miss but there isn't so depending on what comes down and when I think that it'll probably be ok. Unless the T&Cs have changed at the EoES then the fact that it hasn't been called off at lunchtime suggests that they'll do their best to get it on.

Edited by Crump99

54 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

It's fine but dull. The forecast isn't great but changing and looking much less threatening, although the possible late afternoon downpour would be a slight concern. If there was standing water around I'd say consider giving it a miss but there isn't so depending on what comes down and when I think that it'll probably be ok. Unless the T&Cs have changed at the EoES then the fact that it hasn't been called off at lunchtime suggests that they'll do their best to get it on.

Some rain overnight and again this morning but as Crump99 says the fact that they haven’t called it off before 12 midday indicates they are planning/working to get it on.

Hopefully we won’t get anymore rain and the forecast is better for the afternoon and evening.

43 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Im Less than 10 miles away and it’s absolutely tipping it down. 

I remember being on the ringroad just past Hampton (a stones throw from the EoES) and it was like a monsoon. Arrived at the Showground a minute or two later and it was bone dry. I'm only ever concerned when there are puddles outside my house and there aren't any which usually means that the track hasn't seen anything significant either.

26 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I remember being on the ringroad just past Hampton (a stones throw from the EoES) and it was like a monsoon. Arrived at the Showground a minute or two later and it was bone dry. I'm only ever concerned when there are puddles outside my house and there aren't any which usually means that the track hasn't seen anything significant either.

That’s a good sign then ! I’m sure they would have made an early call off decision if the track was that bad 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

That’s a good sign then ! I’m sure they would have made an early call off decision if the track was that bad 

It's gonna be a bit grippy at 7.30. Hope the old boys have had 3 weetabix.

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

I think a grippy track suits our lot other than Palin...proved that against Wolves... although Palin also hit abit of form over the weekend so who knows.

Is this match the restaging of the rained off fixture from 24/05/21?

I've got tickets to the A & B matches... not sure which one to use... I'll take them both just in case!

6 hours ago, Noodles said:

£1 to park in a field opposite the entrance.  It's then a 5 minutes walk to the grandstand

Thanks. Taking my supermarket trolley quid!! I'll have to acquire another one :D

Lots of tractor grading going on, being supervised by Buster. Track looks heavy but otherwise ok. Should be ok if the drizzle doesn't turn into something more meaningful. 

Edit: delayed start until 7.45pm. Buster now scraping dirt from the outside

Edited by Noodles

It is the re-staging from the 24th of May... found out at the turnstiles

52 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Lots of tractor grading going on, being supervised by Buster. Track looks heavy but otherwise ok. Should be ok if the drizzle doesn't turn into something more meaningful. 

Edit: delayed start until 7.45pm. Buster now scraping dirt from the outside

I did think when we didn't get any "all systems go" messages throughout the day that it sounded like it was going to be one of those nights.