British Speedway Forum
Col

Cat Fight. P'boro v Sheffield 28 June

Even more boring when u have to get here at 6.30 to get a seat..8'o clock and still havnt seen a race..track looks perfect.

18 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Don't understand what we are waiting for..track was ready and prepped 15mins ago...

Had to wait for the drizzle to stop because of rider visibility

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Had to wait for the drizzle to stop because of rider visibility

I guess this is the snowflake era we live in now...however it was worth the wait...the track is superb and so is the racing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Are Sheffield meant to be a good side?

Not really,just looks good written down!

Sheffield need some team changes when the new averages come out. Wright, Sedgmen, Bates (i know hes not riding tonight),  leaving us with a long tail.

• Like 1

We really need to look at making a change, or 2 or 3!

Wright was a strange signing and just isn't doing the job, Batchelor has just been poor through most of the season and Sedgemen has only shown a glimpse of class.

Good team on paper but hasn't clicked on track.

• Like 2

Well that was a big disappointment. Lacklustre from 2 ex panthers. Sedgeman riding round middle of track as tho he’d never seen the place. Batchelor poor heat 1 then howarth stopped him 2 nd time out not a number ones performance. James wright struggling. Team changes needed if we want to win anything. Bates although not rode tonight is a liability. Hopefully new averages out after Thursday and changes to follow

Good performance from the Panthers with all 7 riders getting a heat win. Long wait for the first heat (2000 hours) but worth it. Disappointed with some of the Sheffield riders. My man of the meeting was definitely Jordan Palin who bust a gut all night. He has come on leaps and bounds since the beginning of the season. Well done Panthers, now beat K Lynn on Thursday.

12 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Good performance from the Panthers with all 7 riders getting a heat win. Long wait for the first heat (2000 hours) but worth it. Disappointed with some of the Sheffield riders. My man of the meeting was definitely Jordan Palin who bust a gut all night. He has come on leaps and bounds since the beginning of the season. Well done Panthers, now beat K Lynn on Thursday.

You will beat Lynn easily,looks like we are another rider down in Riss by the looks of it.

Piss poor performance from us tonight, and we need to see some improvement rapidly especially away from home.

We could well be seeing the axe swing soon unless performances get better.

Sedgmen and Wright must improve and they could well be on their way out.

Think that we are stuck with Troy Boy Batchelor, even though most of his performances have been well below par.

There is a young Aussie guy up in Edinburgh called Pickering could well do a decent job for us.

If we can scrap our way into the Play Offs maybe we could replace Batch with Nicki Pedersen (if his Polish commitments have been completed).

But the top and bottom is that we need to vastly improve.

Peterborough certainly look the surprise package of the League and proving alot of people myself included wrong.  

Good meeting.

Palin was superb.

A case I feel of the tortoise beats the hare. In Holder, Ellis, Howarth (& Batchelor twice) the Tigers out paced the Panthers but kept getting in each others way.

Some great races. Heat 2.. The Andersen/Pedersen 5-1 & Palin allows MPT to escape the TS.

More when I wake up  1 lane open on both the M1 & M6 for periods on the way back. Epic Boo!!!!!

Is it always that cold at the EoES?

Another excellent meeting on a track which had taken so much rain, well done to the track staff.

Yet another match where I expected the Tigers to provide a hard match but I am afraid I thought they were collectively poor. Holder and Ellis apart they were fairly toothless and Batchelor was woeful apart from one ride.

For the Panthers solid was again the order of the day and our rising star Jordan Palin has arisen, the lad looked very impressive last night and has learned to ride the wide line, he received good back up from every member of the team who all chipped in with good points with everyone winning at least one race.

On to Thursday and a trip to Kings Lynn, confidence is high.