British Speedway Forum
Col

Cat Fight. P'boro v Sheffield 28 June

Just now, wtf said:

We waited 30 minutes so people could race safely and you bitch and moan, but you do that about most things. 

If we are going to indulge in a bit of sarcasm though...

Come to Peterborough to watch the Speedway! Unless there's a bit of drizzle in the air, then come! Oh... unless it's a sunny night and the sun gets in the riders eyes, then come.

Oh and if you didn't realise, did you know the speedway bikes don't have any brakes on them! I know dangerous right?! Maybe we should have wet weather setups, weather shield on the bikes with wipers on and mandatory fitting of brakes to the bikes.

I've stopped being sarcastic now. Visibility was not an issue on Monday night I don't even know why they're suggesting it was?

I have never ridden a speedway bike but I used to ride a bike on the road (Jawa CZ 250cc Twin and then Honda 400cc Dream). Driving rain was never a problem with visibility but a fine mist could make things very difficult. In fact the only things I came across that was worse was driving snow, a low sun ahead of you and the occasional idiot who put their main beam back on about 30 yards before they passed you in the opposite direction. 

I say this remembering that I had a screen in front of me, tarmac rather than shale under my wheels and brakes to slow down and stop with. If most of the riders at a meeting say they can't see properly then I would never argue with them. 

Edited by Chris116
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, Chris116 said:

I have never ridden a speedway bike but I used to ride a bike on the road (Jawa CZ 250cc Twin and then Honda 400cc Dream). Driving rain was never a problem with visibility but a fine mist could make things very difficult. In fact the only things I came across that was worse was driving snow, a low sun ahead of you and the occasional idiot who put their main beam back on about 30 yards before they passed you in the opposite direction. 

I say this remembering that I had a screen in front of me, tarmac rather than shale under my wheels and brakes to slow down and stop with. If most of the riders at a meeting say they can't see properly then I would never argue with them. 

Like I said,  I think the visibility "excuse" was a red herring.

jcr5.jpg