British Speedway Forum
Col

Cat Fight. P'boro v Sheffield 28 June

That was a brilliant night of speedway. Great effort by buster and the gang to get the track that good. Why Eurosport bother with the little tracks I have no idea. Proper speedway at the show ground again last night

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Noodles said:

Bomber packs up on the parade lap :unsure:

Saw this round the back of turn 4... are the promotion trying to send a message to Chris?

20210628_202154b.jpg

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Noodles said:

Had to wait for the drizzle to stop because of rider visibility

I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss was about? Visibility seems a bit of a red herring to me, it was barely raining, a light drizzle/heavy mist, the track certainly wasn't what I'd call "wet", just a bit heavy... In fact I'd say it was perfect, easily providing the best racing so far this year at the EoEA(S)

Are there always that many & such a wide variety of vehicles used to prep the track at EoES?

Thought Brennan & Howarth were reasonable for Tigers, Wright wasn't too far off the pace  Batchelor in particular & Sedgmen were the disappointments.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss was about? Visibility seems a bit of a red herring to me, it was barely raining, a light drizzle/heavy mist, the track certainly wasn't what I'd call "wet", just a bit heavy... In fact I'd say it was perfect, easily providing the best racing so far this year at the EoEA(S)

Brings back memories of Alan Mogridge falling in a race at the showground whilst a Panther , his reason for falling was mist on his goggles and not being able to see properly 

24 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Brings back memories of Alan Mogridge falling in a race at the showground whilst a Panther , his reason for falling was mist on his goggles and not being able to see properly 

Probably has cataracts 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the heat 15 race time please? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 9:18 AM, iainb said:

Visibility is so overrated. maybe you would prefer them to be blindfolded and sent out for your amusement.

Drizzle is probably the worst kind of rain for visibility, worse than heavy rain as it doesn't bead up and run off the surface of your goggles readily. But please carry on with the expert opinions

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wtf said:

Visibility is so overrated. maybe you would prefer them to be blindfolded and sent out for your amusement.

Drizzle is probably the worst kind of rain for visibility, worse than heavy rain as it doesn't bead up and run off the surface of your goggles readily. But please carry on with the expert opinions

Isn't that why they were tear offs or the roller system? You've seen them ride in the rain, drizzle, wet muddy tracks with mud spray. I've seen Coventry riding at Belle Vue (Hyde Road) in the last ever meeting with driving monsoon rain sweeping across the stadium.

All I'm suggesting is that the visibility was not the issue on Monday evening.

Please save your sarcasm for when it's really needed :lol:

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Isn't that why they were tear offs or the roller system? You've seen them ride in the rain, drizzle, wet muddy tracks with mud spray. I've seen Coventry riding at Belle Vue (Hyde Road) in the last ever meeting with driving monsoon rain sweeping across the stadium.

All I'm suggesting is that the visibility was not the issue on Monday evening

Says a man who has clearly never done it. If you think tear offs and roller systems provide beautiful clear vision, your wrong.

If you also think 14 guys want to turn up at a track, spend costs on fuel, mechanics etc and then go back with zero income you're wrong. They'd just like a better than average chance of earning a living without dying for no good reason.

Yes everyone has a different opinion of what's safe to ride in, but I'd tend to listen more to those who are doing it than those who are not. They do not want to go home unpaid believe me on that. 

Peterborough is a fast track, the usual racing line is not far from that lovely comfy air bag that they are bound to just bounce off like a bouncy castle. They want to ride, but riding and racing require different conditions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wtf said:

Says a man who has clearly never done it. If you think tear offs and roller systems provide beautiful clear vision, your wrong.

If you also think 14 guys want to turn up at a track, spend costs on fuel, mechanics etc and then go back with zero income you're wrong. They'd just like a better than average chance of earning a living without dying for no good reason.

Yes everyone has a different opinion of what's safe to ride in, but I'd tend to listen more to those who are doing it than those who are not. They do not want to go home unpaid believe me on that. 

Peterborough is a fast track, the usual racing line is not far from that lovely comfy air bag that they are bound to just bounce off like a bouncy castle. They want to ride, but riding and racing require different conditions. 

If they're going to potentially not run meetings due to "visibility" in the conditions that were prevalent on Monday night then the sport is finished in this country. It wasn't even raining.

Quit with the sarcasm... it is the lowest form of wit

• Haha 1

How long was the delay to wait for the drizzle to stop? Doesn't seem worth making a fuss over if it wasn't long, and I'd agree that the finer the rain the harder it is to see out of a pair of glasses/goggles.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

If they're going to potentially not run meetings due to "visibility" in the conditions that were prevalent on Monday night then the sport is finished in this country. It wasn't even raining.

Quit with the sarcasm... it is the lowest form of wit

We waited 30 minutes so people could race safely and you bitch and moan, but you do that about most things.