British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Monarchs 27.6.21

Absolutely fantastic meeting

Have to say I don't think I've ever seen anyone ride the Scunthorpe track better then Josh Pickering does. Stunning

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Have to say I don't think I've ever seen anyone ride the Scunthorpe track better then Josh Pickering does. Stunning

I have thought that in the past would love to see him riding for the Scorpions one day find it hard to imagine though !

A quality meeting today at the EWR  ,the racing was top drawer . Ulrich as guest was very good for the Scorpions and did a job . Jordan Palin with what I believe was his highest score in the championship was outstanding at reserve, also think Ellis will be an astute signing when he gets up and running . Some  brilliant racing from all the riders but I’m not win at all costs and the star of the show was Josh Pickering the best visiting rider to be seen this year he was superb and kept the scores close ,Sam Masters  was off the boil but the winner today was championship speedway and I think I can honestly say The Scorpions won’t be winning the Wooden Spoon as predicted by many on here ,bring on the Bandits on Friday 

• Like 5

Pumped 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes an brilliant meeting so echo the sentiments of the previous poster 

But it arriving home I find I have dropped my Halifax Dukes programme board on the walk out and across to my car parked on Lysaghts Way next to the business on the right. Should anyone by chance have found it would appreciate it if you might hand it in next Friday ? 

So great win today; Uli great guest and Jordan getting a stunningly sweet 16 ! Great racing throughout topped off with that blanket Ht15 blanket race start to finish. 

2 minutes ago, the outsider said:

my car parked on Lysaghts Way next to the business on the right. 

Tight wad, just pay your quid:D. Hope you get it back:t:

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wasn’t expecting a win but thought we might have got a point or been there or there about.
I know sam hates the place but bit of a off day for the skipper probably be his lowest score all season. Williams form at the moment is a slight concern. Of course with this happening young palin has the best performance of his young career to do date, unfortunately just had to be against ourselves. Tough team the scorpions at home, think most sides will struggle there this season.

Why would sam hate the place..I know he turned us down a few seasons ago because there was no home track advantage..very very fair track so why can’t he perform on it ???

8 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Why would sam hate the place..I know he turned us down a few seasons ago because there was no home track advantage..very very fair track so why can’t he perform on it ???

It’s certainly a very fair race track,even if you only ride it a couple of times a season.Hard to believe it would present problems to a Top rider.

14 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Feel free to ask him yourself. Quite a few riders aren’t a fan of the EWR. More down to track prep than anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Feel free to ask him yourself. Quite a few riders aren’t a fan of the EWR. More down to track prep than anything.

Track prep in UK,you must be kidding it’s been a lottery for years:rolleyes:.Even Armadale is inconsistent in the last few seasons according to some.

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

It's almost impossible to believe that no Premiership team has given Josh P a run. I know there's a work permit needed, but when you look at some of the mediocre riders who are in Premiership teams it is just incredible how a true thrillmaker can be ignored.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

It's almost impossible to believe that no Premiership team has given Josh P a run. I know there's a work permit needed, but when you look at some of the mediocre riders who are in Premiership teams it is just incredible how a true thrillmaker can be ignored.

Have to agree especially with the consistency he has got in recent years 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wasn’t expecting a win but thought we might have got a point or been there or there about.
I know sam hates the place but bit of a off day for the skipper probably be his lowest score all season. Williams form at the moment is a slight concern. Of course with this happening young palin has the best performance of his young career to do date, unfortunately just had to be against ourselves. Tough team the scorpions at home, think most sides will struggle there this season.

Was at Scunthorpe.

Lawson was poor not quite the potent reserve the promotion envisaged. Kai Thomson is showing a lot of promise and never gives up as does Nathan. Joshie P worth the admission money alone - an out and out racer and entertainer. Richie equipped himself well and a bit of an off day for the skipper.

We are so top heavy when one of the top 3 isn’t quite on the mark away from home we could be in for quite a few losses.

Stick or twist time re changing the team.

Well done to Scunthorpe. A solid team with reserves capable of scoring. Once Adam dialled into the track they will take some beating.

Nice to see Theo riding well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Track prep?? The track that has won many award so that’s down to the individual who gets worried about different racing lines and panics and then gets crap scores…hmmm

• Like 1