British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Monarchs 27.6.21

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Feel free to ask him yourself. Quite a few riders aren’t a fan of the EWR. More down to track prep than anything.

I have heard that before.

Then again, I couldn't care less what riders think (providing the track is not dangerous). Surfaces should be prepared for the benefit of paying customers, not paid employees.

I didn't go today, but all accounts it was a brilliant meeting so we could do with more track preparation like that not less. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Track prep?? The track that has won many award so that’s down to the individual who gets worried about different racing lines and panics and then gets crap scores…hmmm

Yeah the away riders should like the EWR because of the good prep it creates multiple racing lines and aren’t just done if you make a bad gate  

scunny is one of the easiest track to ride but the hardest to get the proper set up for as the meeting goes on as it changes so much , in a lot of meetings  teams seem to be going really well till ht 8/10ish when the blue groove appears then struggle from then on   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Track prep?? The track that has won many award so that’s down to the individual who gets worried about different racing lines and panics and then gets crap scores…hmmm

Awarded by the owner of the club and supreme overlord of the SCB himself you mean? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Awarded by the owner of the club and supreme overlord of the SCB himself you mean? :rolleyes:

No! By the referee's who give marks for every meeting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Feel free to ask him yourself. Quite a few riders aren’t a fan of the EWR. More down to track prep than anything.

More down to riding technical tracks knowing that if you gate you don't have to keep looking over your shoulders for riders to pass you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I have heard that before.

Then again, I couldn't care less what riders think (providing the track is not dangerous). Surfaces should be prepared for the benefit of paying customers, not paid employees.

I didn't go today, but all accounts it was a brilliant meeting so we could do with more track preparation like that not less. 

I think that hits the nail on the head.  

Certain riders prefer a track where 90% of winning a race is popping first out of the gate and then defending their position. Scunny isn't like that.  It's a track prepared principally for the paying customers so that they can enjoy good racing. And yesterday those fans saw some superb racing.  

• Like 9

I'm sure Masters is professional enough if asked about his performance yesterday to say that he is disappointed in himself/should have done better/had an off day he can't explain rather than blame the track. 

I am sure even the most fervent away supporters from Glasgow and Edinburgh must have enjoyed their visits to the EWR, despite the results for them.  The last 30 Championship heats at the EWR have produced some exceptional racing and all credit to riders of the three teams.

Yesterday from the outset it was clear The Monarchs are a top heavy team and fairly weak for the other 4 positions. Around the EWR , any of the Scorpion riders are capable of big scores and Yesterday that proved the case.  Jordan Palin had a terrific meeting for someone still very young and learning their trade and looks a fine prospect for the future big stage. Special shout out to our guest, sometimes guests just go through the motions, but yesterday  Ully was well up for the task. It was nice to see him taking his plaudits and ever smiling, well done sir.

Only negative from the meeting ,after two showers I am still getting shale out of my hair!:D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Any news on Tommy’s injury which forced him to miss yesterday from any Scunny fans

Saw something from him  saying hopefully back next week. Nothing broken but battered and bruised.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Any news on Tommy’s injury which forced him to miss yesterday from any Scunny fans

He's not riding for Kings Lynn on Thursday (Rory Schlein is), So i'd guess Thomas won't be fit for Scunny on Friday. Thomas's average goes up to 6.91 (7.26 with the 5%) from Thursday. Sadly Josh Pickering is too high (Edinburgh aren't riding this Friday). Glasgow are riding so that rules out Ostergaard, Jake would fit at home but Redcar are riding, So it'll probably be Kyle Howarth or R/R as Thomas goes above Tero in averages.

Edited by Fozzie4388

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

I am sure even the most fervent away supporters from Glasgow and Edinburgh must have enjoyed their visits to the EWR, despite the results for them.  The last 30 Championship heats at the EWR have produced some exceptional racing and all credit to riders of the three teams.

Yesterday from the outset it was clear The Monarchs are a top heavy team and fairly weak for the other 4 positions. Around the EWR , any of the Scorpion riders are capable of big scores and Yesterday that proved the case.  Jordan Palin had a terrific meeting for someone still very young and learning their trade and looks a fine prospect for the future big stage. Special shout out to our guest, sometimes guests just go through the motions, but yesterday  Ully was well up for the task. It was nice to see him taking his plaudits and ever smiling, well done sir.

Only negative from the meeting ,after two showers I am still getting shale out of my hair!:D

Scunny  is the best track in the Championship. Somerset was nearly as good. Great racing lines, no position safe and passing galore. Love my visits there, despite the travel and will be back when all the mask crap is lifted. 
It’s the second away trip I mark in the diary , after the STMP, ( golf at Rockliffe Hall a further attraction ) and usually on holiday weekend. Long may  it flourish. 

55 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Scunny  is the best track in the Championship. Somerset was nearly as good. Great racing lines, no position safe and passing galore. Love my visits there, despite the travel and will be back when all the mask crap is lifted. 
It’s the second away trip I mark in the diary , after the STMP, ( golf at Rockliffe Hall a further attraction ) and usually on holiday weekend. Long may  it flourish. 

I enjoyed the racing on Sunday even though we got thumped. Don’t think having to track a rising star helps us.

Scunny a good solid team with decent reserves .