British Speedway Forum
Col

Tigers v Aces. 01/07

Got my ticket, have been told I need to stand on the 3/4 bends...

I remember having a drink in the bar on bend 3 a long... long time ago, but the bar was shut on my recent visits. Not sure I've stood there? I assume the view overlooks the pits? Is the bar still shut?

Predictions?

Decent pub for food in the area?

The 3rd turn bar is only open for the use of the toilets.

You can see into the pits from the 4th turn.

Belle Vue look stronger at 2nd string and reserve,heats 2/8/14 Tigers tend to struggle with at the moment so you'd expect the Aces to just edge it unless the Tigers three heatleaders go unbeaten...

There's a pub on the other side of the church at the top of the car park,dunno what its like for food as I've never been in it.Plus McDonalds,KFC and Pizza Hut are across the road from the track.

You could dine at the restaurant on the home straight, but you need to contact the Stadium and let the Promotion know so they can maintain the crowd numbers. Here's the link for lastnights meeting with information.

http://www.sheffield-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2983

• Like 1

Well looking forward to this one, i have not been to Sheffield in quite a while and it will be good to go to an away meeting at a decent track. I hope i am not tredding on anybody's toes here but there is a coach running dependent on numbers, so anyone wanting to book a seat search Belle Vue Speedway Supporters Club on FB or contact Ron Shaw at Eurorider. 

On 6/25/2021 at 1:38 AM, Andrew said:

Belle Vue look stronger at 2nd string and reserve,heats 2/8/14 Tigers tend to struggle with at the moment so you'd expect the Aces to just edge it unless the Tigers three heatleaders go unbeaten...

There's a pub on the other side of the church at the top of the car park,dunno what its like for food as I've never been in it.Plus McDonalds,KFC and Pizza Hut are across the road from the track.

You could dine at the restaurant on the home straight, but you need to contact the Stadium and let the Promotion know so they can maintain the crowd numbers. Here's the link for lastnights meeting with information.

Should there be no catering facilities open, what is the admission policy regarding spectators bringing in their own refreshments?

You can book a table in the track restaurant, food is normally decent in there

On 6/25/2021 at 1:38 AM, Andrew said:

Pizza Hut is now Dunkin Doughnuts. Restaurant food is good and a decent view. Could be a close meeting  we need all our 7 to turn up. Hopefully Batch can improve on last weeks score 

Got tickets for this one, ive heard people say you are told where to stand but there is nothing as regards to that on the tickets ive printed off?

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Got tickets for this one, ive heard people say you are told where to stand but there is nothing as regards to that on the tickets ive printed off?

If you buy a ticket on line you have to stand on the 3rd/4th bend if you buy on night you can stand on the home straight but you take the risk with numbers etc.

• Like 1

My 1st visit to Owlerton post COVID. Can I just show email my ticket on my phone or do I have to print it out as a hard copy  ?

Lots of fond memories of meetings against Sheffield especially  in the Hyde road days.... both teams rode each other’s track well and some great racing..

There was a traditional battle of the roses challenge meetings at the beginning of the season.

Hope we see some good racing tonight 

I remember some very good meetings at Hyde rd with close racing and close score lines and I think it could be close tomorrow. A big improvement is required from the other night or we will get hammered. One or two of our riders need to take a look in the mirror and decide if they want to be here because the effort at Peterborough was way short of what we need to get in the play offs. Only Bachelor is not getting regular racing so there’s no excuse for time on the bike and with Bates owning Leicester there no excuse for not getting extra practice   I appreciate it’s not the same as racing but at least it’s bike time. Hopefully a big improvement from the tigers and a win 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Lots of fond memories of meetings against Sheffield especially  in the Hyde road days.... both teams rode each other’s track well and some great racing..

There was a traditional battle of the roses challenge meetings at the beginning of the season.

Hope we see some good racing tonight 

Might be there a bit early Kirky...?

You should get a good spot to watch from though..

No social distancing problems either...:D

• Like 1

Whats the car parking situation at Owlerton?

So Sheffield bring in anders Rowe to guest for rising star josh bates. 

While Rowe is a rising star and bates isn't (in real life terms) how can Rowe a none rising star, (as he choose not to be), guest for bates?????

Not knocking Rowe as extra rides will only help British speedway in the long term. 

Another way of looking at it. Bates on his 4 rising star average is replaced by Rowe who has a 5.49 average. 

Speedway rules eh

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1