British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v wolves 28th June, TV meeting

Haven't watched it,, and don't think I will bother,,, but from a pic I saw,,, there was more or less no one there 

Was a few passes, funny old track, they needed to grade it earlier but maybe the Wolves boys might've enjoyed it too much lol. Oh well never mind Ipswich, we know the feeling this season ......

It will take a fool or someone with a lot of money to burn to continue running Ipswich at the current level. Sadly the sport is in decline and the entertainment value does not exist. I stopped watching after heat seven and found Clarkson's farm programme on Netflix more entertaining. As to consider paying to watch live in a stadium with it lacking atmosphere etc., no way. I use to go week in week out up until 2018 but now rarely go. I would rather watch meetings with riders out to race for themselves than club meetings. The young lad on BBC East tonight who suffered a horrific crash up, I think at Glasgow and is making tentative steps back by riding grass track was more entertaining in the few minutes of the interview. Sad to say that the once mighty witches have lost the plot and may find it hard to get supporters continuing to grace the stands if they stay at the current level in the sport. Teams should ride to entertain the public but that no longer happens and tonight was a lack lustre performance and probably due to poor management judge.

2 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

What a shambles.

Small tracks do not make good TV.

Eurosport will be desperate to be back at the Showground.

Obviously your not at showground :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GAH said:

thank god i don't have to watch that every week :(

But you used to. Oh  forgot certain belle Vue fans have short memories :rofl:

• Like 3

MoM : Leon Flint.

Good lad, keep that up and you'll have a PL championship medal before you're 19.

:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought the racing was good tonight!

The wider Ipswich track has been very poor for outside overtaking but tonight there was plenty!

Ipswich woeful apart from King, Rowe and Starke.

Crump quickly realised he shouldn't have ridden.

Allen and Cook were out of form.

Kemp, again the reality/ results isn't/aren't nowhere near as good as the hype. If he doesn't learnt to start mixing it more and riding harder  he won't go further up the ladder.

• Like 3

I think some perspective is needed here. Firstly the season was in trouble as soon as Klint was unavailable. However I think its unfair to criticise the management as the changes should ( and I emphasise should) improve things. Clearly things are still mixing and I guess crump was desperate to return but clearly not fit. 

The desperate shortage of riders has got to come to a head soon and I can only see one thing and that is one big league again.

20 minutes ago, TB1 said:

I think some perspective is needed here. Firstly the season was in trouble as soon as Klint was unavailable. However I think its unfair to criticise the management as the changes should ( and I emphasise should) improve things. Clearly things are still mixing and I guess crump was desperate to return but clearly not fit. 

The desperate shortage of riders has got to come to a head soon and I can only see one thing and that is one big league again.

As one big league would require more riders, how will that solve "The desperate shortage of riders", unless you are proposing fewer teams UK-wide?

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

Two options I guess , the first one is import more foreigners once restrictions are lifted or secondly blood our own youngsters ( which could be messy). Failing that the sport falls on its arse cos either no one can be bothered  or make any money out of it.

Edited by TB1
Spelling

1 hour ago, 25yearfan said:

I thought the racing was good tonight!

It was. Some though will always have their “couldn’t watch that cr@p every week” readied before the tapes even rose in heat 1. 

• Like 1

Why is it our riders just don't no what line to take.

Time after time they mess up . 

Don't they watch and see where there getting done.  2nd bend every time

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Haven't watched it,, and don't think I will bother,,, but from a pic I saw,,, there was more or less no one there 

Certainly didn't seem to be any social distancing issues...

Seemed to be 20m between people, never mind two...

As often when the sport is on TV, the empty terracing is a very, very poor advert for it...

And with the size of Ipswich's stands, it looks even worse..

On Sunday I saw thousands watching in Wroclaw,, the majority bedecked in club colours, full stands, fans with drums to play along with the fan chants and create atmosphere, and every heat win celebrated like it actually meant something. .

Last night you would have had to have the centre green flag marshalls and medical staff joining in just to keep the world's worst Mexican Wave going...

I think it was quite telling that we had no close ups of "the crowd" as I don't think the producer could find enough together to actually fill a TV screen..

Edited by mikebv

7 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

But you used to. Oh  forgot certain belle Vue fans have short memories :rofl:

Nah the racing at hyde road was better than NSS :party:

• Haha 1