British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KIRKYLANE

Belle Vue Colts v Kent Royals

Really enjoyed the first Colts home meeting.Looking forward to Friday and the visit of   Len Silver’s magnificent 7.

32 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Really enjoyed the first Colts home meeting.Looking forward to Friday and the visit of   Len Silver’s magnificent 7.

Now Kirkylane MUST be an older fan.  It was at Hackney that Len Silver had the Magnificent Seven as his march out tune and that was

nearly 40 years ago !!  Great Days.

27 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Now Kirkylane MUST be an older fan.  It was at Hackney that Len Silver had the Magnificent Seven as his march out tune and that was

nearly 40 years ago !!  Great Days.

Bit of a give away..... this is my 59th season watching Belle Vue.

Len is a good promoter.... I remember going to Hackney when the Aces ruled the roost for a few years.... on the microphone he said after introducing the riders “ if Belle Vue get 26 engine failures we might win  !!!!! “....0nly 13 heats to a match in those days

4 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Bit of a give away..... this is my 59th season watching Belle Vue.

Len is a good promoter.... I remember going to Hackney when the Aces ruled the roost for a few years.... on the microphone he said after introducing the riders “ if Belle Vue get 26 engine failures we might win  !!!!! “....0nly 13 heats to a match in those days

What  great memory. Although I only started going to Hackney after West Ham closed ( sad sad day), I certainly remember Len often made that sort

of remark on the microphone.. All these years later and the Hammers closed again and here I am at Len's club again. But he does not talk on the

microphone these days.

Any news about who will be replacing Sam McGurk on Friday?  Looking forward to seeing some action again this stop-start season.

Looks a nice even match ahead. I would think Kinsley, Gilkes and Spooner will probably edge the home heat leaders, the Colts look more comfortable at second string level and there is one potent reserve in each side. Could go down to retirements falls etc or the crucial 3rd place in heat 2?

Congratulations to Kent... essentially a 3 man team scored 45 points plus 3 bonus points... that does not happen very often.

For most of the match riders were having difficulty catching up distance and the racing was processional... 2 or 3 good heats near the end

Colts can only now regroup and move on

Edited by KIRKYLANE

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great to see young Mulford get a terrific total he showed tremendous promise in his debut campaign.

An. amazing score for a rider with such limited experience.  Those of us at Kent who have been watching him all realise what a fresh talent he is

and there is no doubt that he will feature as part of the Kings side in the future.  As a big fan, the sooner the better.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

An. amazing score for a rider with such limited experience.  Those of us at Kent who have been watching him all realise what a fresh talent he is

and there is no doubt that he will feature as part of the Kings side in the future.  As a big fan, the sooner the better.

He look very good last night , was most impressed with the young man