British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v NEWCASTLE (Saturday, July 3rd: 7pm)

Only 6 points up after heat 13. I was expecting Leon Flint to replace Kyle Bickley in heat 14. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Only 6 points up after heat 13. I was expected Leon to replace Kyle Bickley in heat 14. 

I’d say most of us in that stadium were too considering the form Leon was on! 

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not long till flint moves from reserve to number 1. Is it even possible with this rising star nonsense.

While it's possible a rising star could go to #1, it is less than likely that Leon Flint's rolling average would improve to that extent in the immediate future.      At present he is still at reserve by average, not because he's the RS.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Well I've seen a few over the years like Kyle & once it clicks & settles he will do a good job for his side 

He ain't progressed since he was at workington in 2018. Said it all when glasgow released him. Reached his level imo, decent national league rider. 

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

He ain't progressed since he was at workington in 2018. Said it all when glasgow released him. Reached his level imo, decent national league rider. 

A genuine question as I do not know the rider but is purely down to the rider’s skill or in certain cases is it  that their equipment is simply not as good as others and however good the riders ability is he may not make it because he cannot afford the cost of the equipment needed to compete at the next level up?

We can all be team managers onthe sidelines but at the end of the day the promotion stuck by the team that they announced last year which let the riders know that they at least had a team place fir this season. I’m the same as most people that want too see us at the top end of the league and if all the team had been firing on all cylinders I’m sure the team wouldn’t be far away. Form is everything I’m sure for the riders but there will always be bumps in the road. Jye  has had a couple of big crashes already this year , NBJ had some mechanical issues away from home which could have changed some results if the engine hadn’t givin up. Danny is starting to put some decent scores away from home and Leon is having a superb season . Coty not being here causes issues but it’s nobody’s fault . A win is a win in my book . I’m just happy that we are getting too see meetings when some supporters aren’t . We just need to get behind the team and promotion.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

A genuine question as I do not know the rider but is purely down to the rider’s skill or in certain cases is it  that their equipment is simply not as good as others and however good the riders ability is he may not make it because he cannot afford the cost of the equipment needed to compete at the next level up?

His PR and sponsorship and equipment and workshop facilities look top notch ,judging by his website and videos.He has always had A very professional approach to the sport,like I said he is still young it might well happen for him.

• Like 3

As I entered the stadium in heavy rain I thought I would be on my out again a few minutes later so to to get a full meeting in is credit to everyone concerned.

Berwick made heavy weather of beating Newcastle but they got there in the end thanks in the main to Leon Flint who arguably had his nest meeting so far, and there have been quite a few to pick from. Can`t agree with some of the remarks about Kyle Bickley, IMO he`s doing the job he was brought in to do especially when in some of his rides he is generally up against tactical rides from the opposition. Its great to see Leon Flint free scoring as his reserve partner but Bickley`s performances shouldn't be ignored.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Kyle's equitment is first class and I'm not knocking his ability in saying that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

While it's possible a rising star could go to #1, it is less than likely that Leon Flint's rolling average would improve to that extent in the immediate future.      At present he is still at reserve by average, not because he's the RS.   

Not in the immediate future, true. However by the end of the season it is possible, as green sheet averages are based on a riders last 24 matches. So once he has ridden more than 24 matches then the oldest score is replaced by his latest. Therefore as the season progresses, he will lose some of his (I assume) lower scores from previous seasons replacing  them with this seasons scores.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:43 PM, leander said:

Not in the immediate future, true. However by the end of the season it is possible, as green sheet averages are based on a riders last 24 matches. So once he has ridden more than 24 matches then the oldest score is replaced by his latest. Therefore as the season progresses, he will lose some of his (I assume) lower scores from previous seasons replacing  them with this seasons scores.

Last 20 matches count for rolling aves!

On 7/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, Midget said:

I disagree, Bickley has improved, not by much mind, but is better than he was in 2018!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, szkocjasid said:

Last 20 matches count for rolling aves!

oops! Sorry. But the principles the same.