British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Plymouth CL 2/7/21 @19-30

The Tigers bandwagon rolls on this Friday when we entertain Plymouth . Be a nice change to have speedway royalty in opposition,  but after watching Jason Crump struggle during Monday night's telly meeting , you wonder how fit he actually is . 

We welcome back Connor Bailey to the fold and hope he can hit the ground running to give us that bit of extra potency at reserve . Sam Jensen's early season form sees him move into the top 5 , with Justin Sedgmen dropping down . Shows how daft our league set up is when Sedgmen rides in the main body of the team for Sheffield in the 6 team nonsense , and rides at reserve in the Championship . Crazy . 

Anyway this should be a routine three points with Plymouth looking to have a long tail , but hopefully it's another cracker on the league's Premier circuit . 

• Like 1

I’m actually wondering if Crump will bother to travel north?…..he looked very uncomfortable on Monday. 

11 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I’m actually wondering if Crump will bother to travel north?…..he looked very uncomfortable on Monday. 

He has always been very professional.If he doesn’t travel it will mean he feels he is still not fully fit.

Traveling up from Exeter for this meeting more for a weekend away & a first visit to Ashfield as I’m not expecting anything other than a comfortable win for Glasgow. Purchased the stream for GP qualifier & thought the track was great,looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for the weather. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Redflag said:

Traveling up from Exeter for this meeting more for a weekend away & a first visit to Ashfield as I’m not expecting anything other than a comfortable win for Glasgow. Purchased the stream for GP qualifier & thought the track was great,looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for the weather. 

Weather forecast is for hot and sunny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redflag said:

Weather to be 24 degrees on Friday be a bit cooler at tapes up but will be a pleasant evening to watch Speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redflag said:

Hope you have a nice break. Just in case, remember to purchase online tickets to ensure entry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Weather forecast is for hot and sunny

Scottish terminology for

10c and overcast

With a threat of warmer than usual rain

Edited by Triple.H.

49 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Hope you have a nice break. Just in case, remember to purchase online tickets to ensure entry. 

Bought them Tuesday morning just after they went on sale. 

• Like 1

Seems to be a change in forecast, now strong chance of rain, however drainage at Ashfield is excellent so hopefully racing will be good

I’m not knocking Glasgow here but I am speedway it’s absolutely ludicrous that a guy is reserve in the middle league but in the top5 in the top league I’m just hoping are guys put on a bit of a show and it’s not a complete rout and the Glasgow fans enjoy seeing crump and pedersen.,good luck to both teams.

8 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m not knocking Glasgow here but I am speedway it’s absolutely ludicrous that a guy is reserve in the middle league but in the top5 in the top league I’m just hoping are guys put on a bit of a show and it’s not a complete rout and the Glasgow fans enjoy seeing crump and pedersen.,good luck to both teams.

It is a bit of a farce to be honest.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Agreed , but the so called top league is a bit of a nonsense 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Agreed , but the so called top league is a bit of a nonsense 

Exactly,  championship is a much better league and always has been

• Like 2