British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Bandits 02.07.2021

13 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

To be honest Gappmaier pleasantly surprise me with his performance from Berwickshire point of view. Adam Ellis for us still really needs to get going 

Berwickshire????? haha

Great job Bandits! Unexpected from Gappmaier, well done Danny I’m always first to criticise so only fair

A well deserved point in all honesty with Gappmaier a real surprise for many in our stand Adam Ellis still to find a decent set up so could do with a bit of practice time. The track did not do us any favours, though, with the inside line fastest as the meeting progressed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Berwickshire????? haha

Great job Bandits! Unexpected from Gappmaier, well done Danny I’m always first to criticise so only fair

Sorry auto correct !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

A well deserved point in all honesty with Gappmaier a real surprise for many in our stand Adam Ellis still to find a decent set up so could do with a bit of practice time. The track did not do us any favours, though, with the inside line fastest as the meeting progressed.

Yeah have to agree about us not really having as such an advantage due to the fastest line being around the inside 

Right I’m just gonna put this out here shoot me down if you want but I think we should replace Josh Macdonald with Ryan Kinsley believe it would work in the averages and think that Ryan deserves it and would be more consistent 

• Like 1

Good meeting Gappmeire surprised everyone with his score  ; but I think the turning point was heat 12 I think the Berwick team manager should have put Leon Flint in instead of  Kyle Bickley. 
 As a Scunny fan that was the turning point  solid everywhere but Jordan came  to the table and a good 3 pts in the end  , McDonald’s form is worrying but he was injured last week so hope he comes good.  What we need to remember the Scorpions were favourites for the wooden spoon. . Enjoy the journey 

• Like 2

In fairness I'm glad leon didn't ride in 12 was a nightmare for the Mechanics doing  heats 1,2,4  would of also been 11,12,14 ran me raggged :drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

In fairness I'm glad leon didn't ride in 12 was a nightmare for the Mechanics doing  heats 1,2,4  would of also been 11,12,14 ran me raggged :drink:

Might have done but he result would have been different if he did ride in that race for certain 

Where was the outside line tonight? Seemed like TJ and Ellis were trying to find it all night.

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Sometimes a win seems like a loss-gave a point to the Bandits tonight.

From the updates it sounds like you had to pass us a lot of the time! So that comment sounds a bit derogatory towards us :rolleyes:

In previous years I’ve always said no dirt no points but we got away with this one luckily 

10 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Sometimes a win seems like a loss-gave a point to the Bandits tonight.

Scunthorpe got the maximum they could ............... 3pts for the win. We do NOT want to go back to the old style 2pts for win, 3pts for win by 8? or more, suiting technical tracks or unfair track preparation.

Berwick deserved their point.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Scunthorpe got the maximum they could ............... 3pts for the win. We do NOT want to go back to the old style 2pts for win, 3pts for win by 8? or more, suiting technical tracks or unfair track preparation.

Berwick deserved their point.

I disagree with that, I think the points system worked really well and provided jeopardy and last heat deciders where the away team could 'steal' one the home team's points. Giving the hone team a guaranteed three points for a win was a backward step IMO and the reasoning for it was pretty lame IIRC.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, eric i said:

Where was the outside line tonight? Seemed like TJ and Ellis were trying to find it all night.

We was expecting heavy showers around 6-7pm, which we didn't get. The track was prepped so if that rain came, we would still have been ok to run

• Like 1