British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar v Eastbourne 2/7/21

This should be a cracker , Redcar need to get more points from RR as it is hurting us. First league match where the reserves for the away team do not have a better reserve as a guest than their own rider

Eastbourne: Richard Lawson, Kyle Newman, Edward Kennett, Tom Brennan, Lewi Kerr, Jason Edwards, Drew Kemp.

Eddie Kennett moves off of No 1 so Tom has to go to 4 in order to cover for him,  how embarrasing is that?

If he cannot get his mojo back in the next couple of weeks he should be replaced whilst he still has some sort of average.

Loyalty has been an Eagles strong point but enough is enough and without a change this could be another season write off which would be a shame given the way the others have

stepped up to the plate despite some cruel luck so far this year.

20 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Eddie Kennett moves off of No 1 so Tom has to go to 4 in order to cover for him,  how embarrasing is that?

If he cannot get his mojo back in the next couple of weeks he should be replaced whilst he still has some sort of average.

Loyalty has been an Eagles strong point but enough is enough and without a change this could be another season write off which would be a shame given the way the others have

stepped up to the plate despite some cruel luck so far this year.

Who would you replace Eddie Kennett with? We can't bring in foreign riders due to work permits and there doesn't seem to be any English riders around.  Adam Ellis, for eg, has an average that is far too high and the Polish lower leagues plough on - no good for us as a Sat/Sun track.

Actually, I think the drop in averages get the Eastbourne riders in the right places. I have never thought Eddie was the man for heat one. Richard Lawson is the man for that job.

It brings Richard and Lewi together for heat 13 and no doubt 15; Eddie gets a nice run of rides at No 3 and an opportunity to flourish.

Kyle in heat 8 and Tom in heat 14 are pivotal races and we look good there. I like Tom at 4; reminds me of when Cam Woodward was the man at 4  and what a difference that made.

We've had a break between meetings and maybe Eddie is getting his engines sorted and with a bit more track time will fly. 

• Like 2

in the list of things that were better in the past (when crowds were decent) dumping riders left right and centre wasn't one of them.

• Like 2

Easy to forget that Kennett is having no fun at the moment either only he or those close to him can see what the issues are and if he can turn them around. As a servant to Eastbourne over the years and a solid rider who has carried plenty of others when they have been struggling its only really fair that Ed gets a chance to work through it, form is temporary...... 

Kennet always goes well at Redcar , hope his bad run lasts 1 more match !,,

I had Bradley Wilson Dean in mind he is over here without a club and his Last CL average with Peterborough fits.

Very popular here and rides all tracks not just Arlington. 

I saw he dropped out of the GP Qualifiers after breaking the tapes in heat 1 so if he is short of equipment Martin would soon sort him out.

37 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Kennet always goes well at Redcar , hope his bad run lasts 1 more match !,,

Edward Kennett's brilliance at Redcar for Berwick a few years ago is still talked about in the borders - a masterclass!

44 minutes ago, Hunters said:

I had Bradley Wilson Dean in mind he is over here without a club and his Last CL average with Peterborough fits.

I saw he dropped out of the GP Qualifiers after breaking the tapes in heat 1 so if he is short of equipment Martin would soon sort him out.

Have read somewhere he has broken wrist as a result of crash in that meeting and some sort of visa issues and a large dental bill (ouch).

Would he fit in with Eagles all British policy or is that something they may ditch or have to ditch?

57 minutes ago, Hunters said:

BWD is out with a broken wrist & less 2 teeth!!

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Who would you replace Eddie Kennett with? We can't bring in foreign riders due to work permits and there doesn't seem to be any English riders around.  Adam Ellis, for eg, has an average that is far too high and the Polish lower leagues plough on - no good for us as a Sat/Sun track.

Actually, I think the drop in averages get the Eastbourne riders in the right places. I have never thought Eddie was the man for heat one. Richard Lawson is the man for that job.

It brings Richard and Lewi together for heat 13 and no doubt 15; Eddie gets a nice run of rides at No 3 and an opportunity to flourish.

Kyle in heat 8 and Tom in heat 14 are pivotal races and we look good there. I like Tom at 4; reminds me of when Cam Woodward was the man at 4  and what a difference that made.

We've had a break between meetings and maybe Eddie is getting his engines sorted and with a bit more track time will fly. 

I think the new rider line up makes us a lot stronger

9 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think the new rider line up makes us a lot stronger

I agree, I think it does make you stronger. All the eagles riders, go well round Redcar, (as does everybody) and Eddie might win a few aswell. Will be a really close contest and go to the wire.

• Like 1