British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar v Eastbourne 2/7/21

58 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I agree, I think it does make you stronger. All the eagles riders, go well round Redcar, (as does everybody) and Eddie might win a few aswell. Will be a really close contest and go to the wire.

Shame there is no live stream to watch

1 hour ago, M.D said:

I think the new rider line up makes us a lot stronger

im not convinced kerr is anywhere near 100% fit, along with kennetts form i cant see em winning away. 

Agree it should be a close meeting.

Bizarre situation where Anders moves to reserve in the Championship after moving up into the Top 5 with his Premiership team.Hopefully will help him increase his scores, although he’s up against good reserves tonight.

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

im not convinced kerr is anywhere near 100% fit, along with kennetts form i cant see em winning away. 

Agree about Kerr and Kennett but I would say the change in rider order makes us look a lot stronger IMO

Never say never about an away win..

5 hours ago, Hunters said:

I had Bradley Wilson Dean in mind he is over here without a club and his Last CL average with Peterborough fits.

Very popular here and rides all tracks not just Arlington. 

I saw he dropped out of the GP Qualifiers after breaking the tapes in heat 1 so if he is short of equipment Martin would soon sort him out.

Would think BWD can sort out his own kit, he is a professional speedway rider. But his wrist is broken.

Eastbourne's change in riding order has worked well.

A solid performance all round and as I said, never say never for an away win.

The Eagles have clicked into form tonight, hope we can build up some momentum against Glasgow on Sunday.

Well done to the Eagles on a fully deserved win. Solid throughout the team and never really looked like losing. If a visiting rider is short on confidence, get him to Redcar and it’ll all come flooding back ( Edward Kennett I’m looking at you!)

Heavy shower before the start made the track very soggy, particularly early on, and passing was almost impossible, making gating paramount and the Eagles consistently were much quicker to the first bend. 10 points down after 5 heats was too big a deficit to pull back.

The Bears just had one of those nights - Charles had a retirement and two nasty looking falls, MPT had bike issues when in 2nd in his first ride but was superb after that. Rowe took a nasty tumble and looked to have damaged his shoulder, Sarjeant and Jenkins had falls too.

R/R not working for the Bears and they’ve been too inconsistent.

Still some excellent racing in a few heats when the track dried out but disappointed in how the meeting started from a Bears perspective.

9 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I agree, I think it does make you stronger. All the eagles riders, go well round Redcar, (as does everybody) and Eddie might win a few aswell. Will be a really close contest and go to the wire.

It’s almost as if you know what you’re talking about ;)

Bad night for the bears. Each rider failed to finish at least one race, (even r/r) 7 points given away straight away!

• Like 1

Good meeting despite the wet conditions. Eagles deserved the win, solid all the way through and much sharper from the gate early on when it counted the most. Kemp was the star but he’s ridden Redcar a lot recently and it showed. Newman was the surprise for me , a little lucky not to get excluded early doors ( 1st bend incident in the 2 nd bend ? ) but he was unusually aggressive which got him the rewards.

Bears bike issues and falls really cost them in the end ( 3 of each ) but they are a team of racers not really known for their gating and in wet conditions that cost them.

Allen had one superb ride from last to first and how the crowd reacted to it but then he was badly off the pace , very strange.

Never seen Wright on his backside so much ( not his fault ) but he recovered well despite them taking a grinder to his bike !

Good to see a decent size crowd and a full 6 heat second half provided when the rain would normally prevent such things. Redcar certainly show a few clubs how it can be done , with a little effort and positivity.

• Like 1

Well done to Redcar for getting the meeting on.

Eastbourne were generally much sharper at the start and overall deserved their victory.

A thoroughly enjoyable 400 mile round trip as far as I was concerned.