British Speedway Forum
Janice Jackson

Redcar to host British under 21 Final

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Are named reserves required to turn up? I know its an outside chance that someone will pull out early in the meeting but i can't see Palin wanting to turn up and make up the numbers plus its a mighty long way for Trigger to stand around and not get a ride at his own expense

Trigger is at Leicester the day before so is heading up after that. He isn't afraid of putting in the miles for even the slightest chance of a ride

• Like 2

Shame no one has commented. 

Meeting got off to a slow start but racing improved as the night went on.

Brennan a deserved winner and nice to see Redcars Drew Kemp on the rostrum.

Well done to the Redcar promotion for taking this on and doing the event justice.

• Like 4

Decent meeting with the right winner for once using the semi final & finals format, you can’t argue with unbeaten all night !

It appeared to be a good sized crowd and the track prep was spot on with no dust despite the heat. Took a long time to get it all done but I’m told that was because of an enforced break before the semis to issue / fit new tyres ?

Good to see ‘ our Archie ‘ in there and not looking out of place and most of the field can still have a few cracks at this title in the future.

Thought the ref was wrong on more than one occasion. Heat 10, Kemp lifts on turn 2 and interfered with Mulford who had to bail out , big time !, yet Mulford excluded ?

Harsh on Ablitt too when it should have been all four back for a classic ‘ first bend bunching ‘ but then I’ve never rated the Mussolini of the refs society.

Well done Redcar , once again, for staging this type of meeting.

Edited by Ringitsneck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Decent meeting with the right winner for once using the semi final & finals format, you can’t argue with unbeaten all night !

It appeared to be a good sized crowd and the track prep was spot on with no dust despite the heat. Took a long time to get it all done but I’m told that was because of an enforced break before the semis to issue / fit new tyres ?

Good to see ‘ our Archie ‘ in there and not looking out of place and most of the field can still have a few cracks at this title in the future.

Thought the ref was wrong on more than one occasion. Heat 10, Kemp lifts on turn 2 and interfered with Mulford who had to bail out , big time !, yet Mulford excluded ?

Harsh on Ablitt too when it should have been all four back for a classic ‘ first bend bunching ‘ but then I’ve never rated the Mussolini of the refs society.

It was once said of aforementioned ‘ Mussolini ‘…… “ better a bad ref than no ref at all “ but I do agree , Mulford was an innocent victim of Kemps lifting mid corner.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Couldn't agree more about the ref decisions. He also had a habit of putting the 2 minutes on when the tractor was still on track, which caught Archie out at one point!

Not sure why you'd book yourself in as ref if you can't be arsed to stay around and want to rush the meeting on

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Very much sums up how I saw it all.

1st time there since 2006. Then, there wasnt even a 'centre green' ,more like mud! 

The only thing I found strange was the food arrangements. Bought my food from behind the main stand. Started walking round to my chosen vantage point, terracing on bend 2,only to be told to sit at the tables, covid regs,etc. All tables taken ,so stood and started to eat. Oh, no, not allowed to do that! Forced to share a table. Later in the meeting, I popped round to get a cuppa and those same people who were there and hour before the start were still there!

Overall, not a bad meeting. Talking to a local, he seemed to think the crowd was down on a normal meeting, by about a third.

6 hours ago, BobC said:

Very much sums up how I saw it all.

1st time there since 2006. Then, there wasnt even a 'centre green' ,more like mud! 

The only thing I found strange was the food arrangements. Bought my food from behind the main stand. Started walking round to my chosen vantage point, terracing on bend 2,only to be told to sit at the tables, covid regs,etc. All tables taken ,so stood and started to eat. Oh, no, not allowed to do that! Forced to share a table. Later in the meeting, I popped round to get a cuppa and those same people who were there and hour before the start were still there!

Overall, not a bad meeting. Talking to a local, he seemed to think the crowd was down on a normal meeting, by about a third.

You should have mentioned you were coming up Bob. I was one of those people who was dining at the table to the 'tapes' side of the refs box, and it would have been nice to see you again after all these years. 

Totally agree with others about Mulford getting excluded was wrong as he went down because Kemp went wildly out of control between the 1st and 2nd bends.

Archie had a spoke go through his rear tyre and was told he would be OK to change, and was on his way-out when he was excluded. All the other riders with following rides had the benefit of long track grading and watering between heats. He got 3 points and beat JPB who he has replaced in the Diamonds team. He will learn to gate in such company as time goes by I am sure.

In terms of the gate I thought it was similar to normal gates at Redcar, and it's deceptive with the extra standing available now on the back straight. Another new feature been introduced  to continually improve the situation and facilities at Redcar and plaudits to the promotion for continuing to do so. Great permanent catering facility now installed.

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You should have mentioned you were coming up Bob. I was one of those people who was dining at the table to the 'tapes' side of the refs box, and it would have been nice to see you again after all these years. 

Totally agree with others about Mulford getting excluded was wrong as he went down because Kemp went wildly out of control between the 1st and 2nd bends.

Archie had a spoke go through his rear tyre and was told he would be OK to change, and was on his way-out when he was excluded. All the other riders with following rides had the benefit of long track grading and watering between heats. He got 3 points and beat JPB who he has replaced in the Diamonds team. He will learn to gate in such company as time goes by I am sure.

In terms of the gate I thought it was similar to normal gates at Redcar, and it's deceptive with the extra standing available now on the back straight. Another new feature been introduced  to continually improve the situation and facilities at Redcar and plaudits to the promotion for continuing to do so. Great permanent catering facility now installed.

Freeman was excluded under 2 minute rule ( yes, just as he was about to be pushed off ) but this was in heat 9 and there had been a long track grade after heat 8 ( track was prepped after every four heats ). They were changing his sprocket and chain as well which added to the time taken.

He was on the pace in his other rides and deserved his points.