British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn 2022

On 7/3/2021 at 6:28 PM, Speedball said:

Think Kerr signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season.

The thing we desperately need is to find a Number 1 from somewhere.

ANY News on Lewis Bridger and what contract he signed at the start of the season!! Joking apart i for one was pleased to see Lewis back and give it a go again,hes an entertainer,and looking at what riders have put in since he went missing,well cameron Heeps or lewis.HAS ANYONE any infomation on Lewis and what hes going to do? With all that machinery invested,and also a lot of other people making it possible for his comeback,it would be nice to know whats roughly going on with him.

6 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

ANY News on Lewis Bridger and what contract he signed at the start of the season!! Joking apart i for one was pleased to see Lewis back and give it a go again,hes an entertainer,and looking at what riders have put in since he went missing,well cameron Heeps or lewis.HAS ANYONE any infomation on Lewis and what hes going to do? With all that machinery invested,and also a lot of other people making it possible for his comeback,it would be nice to know whats roughly going on with him.

It would make very interesting reading to know exactly how much money Lynn wasted on him? The obviously like racesuit the lesser so like signing on fees, sponsorships and funds towards equipment?  The bikes were all up for sale and money likely going into his pocket so unsurprisingly the only one to not lose out is Lewis.  If only Connor Mountain had the luxury of that deal pre season how much more could he be doing now.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

New team manager required.

Sure they will be queuing up for that one. Was a poor appointment anyway and apportioning any blame to Mountain for the defeat was probably the final straw. Wells and Heeps cost the home win simple as that, not anymore coming either until those two pull their finger out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I don't think there is any hope for you LOL

A totally unbelievable response. 

On 7/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, Bagpuss said:

Out of interest what do you consider to be 'safely run for the vulnerable elderly' and what needs to be done that isn't at the moment which would encourage you to return? 

I’m only going by the long shots on TV last night but it seemed to me that the wheelchair viewing area in the home straight stand was rather full!

I know it’s personal choice but to me that is a bit dubious as regards safety. Before anyone says it was camera angle they were straight on shots from the back straight.

This isn’t a pop at KL as they have tried to provide disabled friendly areas but might explain why some are not comfortable going at present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sure they will be queuing up for that one. Was a poor appointment anyway and apportioning any blame to Mountain for the defeat was probably the final straw. Wells and Heeps cost the home win simple as that, not anymore coming either until those two pull their finger out. 

I like what I've seen of Connor so far, yes he's struggling for points but he gives 100% and gets stuck in, one or two others last night looked like they were going through the motions.

• Like 2

I'll await the phone call :D 

the last thing this club needs right now is a manager who's a yes man. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Does Buster actually pay people to do this job?

Edited by speedwaysliders

44 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That’s the number 1 requirement to be a yes man 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

I be very surprised if there is a Kings Lynn Stars in 2022, there certainly won’t be from my point of view at £20 a meeting. It was clear to see before the season started that we had a team that just isnt good enough, persevering with the same riders year after year and thinking we will be competitive! The season barely started and we decide to get rid of a rider, of which led onto others going too and now the team manager has left, it’s just a joke! Who’s next?! The fans are on the way

Ask the Rye House fans if they think Peter Schroeck is a good team manager, i bet most would agree he couldn't manage a tomtit the morning after a curry. Worst at managing than he was as a rider.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

We are heading in different directions translated as Schroek: this team is tripe and needs changes. Buster: im not wasting any money on other riders so must be the managers fault. 

• Like 2

I think you need to start looking at who built the team, who signed the riders. When you start bringing in riders quickly after the start of the season, you've got to start asking why they were left out, dropped, or not in other peoples teams from the start. Richard Lawson has been a good addition, I think Connor mountain is a cracking little rider but being asked to do an awful lot at the moment. Ricky wells, well there's a reason no one included him from the start of the season, Heeps doesn't look fit, or fast or that interested.

As for building a team spirit there. I think there's too many cooks stirring the pot.