British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn 2022

3 hours ago, pubichair said:

I have a lot of respect for Kerr but he shouldn’t be back next season  for me! 

Can you elaborate on that? 

Our 3rd best rider so far this season, reliably consistent, captain & local lad. 

Yes he gets injured regularly but that's part & parcel of the sport. 

Think Kerr signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season.

The thing we desperately need is to find a Number 1 from somewhere.

25 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Think Kerr signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season.

The thing we desperately need is to find a Number 1 from somewhere.

I think the landscape will change again next year post Covid lockdowns...

Poland will be more than happy to keep the 'one club plus us' rule and Sweden will be back playing in front of crowds again and paying more than the UK per meeting...

Might not need a "No1" if that is the case...

Lets be honest, only Jack Holder and Dan Bewley would be classed as anything like a "No1" rider level this year anyway, and both may at the end of this year see taking the Woffinden and Lambert route of just testing themselves against the best (rather than dropping back levels each week) as best for their development and ambition...

Maybe get Batch back?:D

I think things on the Polish front may be different next year.

Whilst the top riders earning big money might be happy to race in Poland & one other league there are a lot of squad members that do not get to ride each week & I think the Poles plan might just backfire when those riders decide it might be better to race more often for less promised money than to not race & not get paid at all.

Already Adam Ellis is racing in both British Leagues & I think when some of the other European riders understand that being able to race in British, Danish, Swedish, German & Czech leagues & any other events could accelerate their progress. 

• Like 1

Thread should be shut down

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Can you elaborate on that? 

Our 3rd best rider so far this season, reliably consistent, captain & local lad. 

Yes he gets injured regularly but that's part & parcel of the sport. 

just because he is local means nothing !  and what is the role of a captain now? absolute nothing just toss a coin lol

he just ain`t good enough imo  

On 7/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, waytogo28 said:

I would ask Riss back as well but no other "tried and tested" Saddlebow Rd riders. I do not think Kerr should be back next season.

What difference does any rider racing at Lynn make to you, you don't go anymore ..... 100% Kerr should be back!

• Like 2

I can't believe those criticising Kerr!

Hes been one of the few King's Lynn riders who can hold his head up and know that hes performed this season.

9 hours ago, Trees said:

What difference does any rider racing at Lynn make to you, you don't go anymore ..... 100% Kerr should be back!

I still follow the Norwich Stars who evolved into KL Stars and will be back when I deem it to be safely run for the Vulnerable Elderly ( being one of those ). I have supported The Stars since I was six years old. You assume too much and come across as bitter, unless fans buy a season ticket ( wether they go or not! ).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I still follow the Norwich Stars who evolved into KL Stars and will be back when I deem it to be safely run for the Vulnerable Elderly ( being one of those ). I have supported The Stars since I was six years old. You assume too much and come across as bitter, unless fans buy a season ticket ( wether they go or not! ).

Out of interest what do you consider to be 'safely run for the vulnerable elderly' and what needs to be done that isn't at the moment which would encourage you to return? 

13 hours ago, Trees said:

You're worse than some football fans. Just because you don't go doesn't stop you being a fan. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're worse than some football fans. Just because you don't go doesn't stop you being a fan. 

She doesn’t like anyone not agreeing with her does she!  Needs to get  her head out of the promotions  bum  lol 

Edited by pubichair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Trees said:

And there you have it in one you said it YOU DONT GO ANY MORE  now why don’t you ask your self why that is  ?and pass the answer on to the promotion it may just help them to attract ex fans back and even get the next generation interested . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Haza said:

And there you have it in one you said it YOU DONT GO ANY MORE  now why don’t you ask your self why that is  ?and pass the answer on to the promotion it may just help them to attract ex fans back and even get the next generation interested . 

I don't think there is any hope for you LOL