British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn 2022

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

We are heading in different directions translated as Schroek: this team is tripe and needs changes. Buster: im not wasting any money on other riders so must be the managers fault. 

With  Peter Schroeck gone that's Sam Hagons connection with kings Lynn also gone. I would like to see the talented youngster develop his skills elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

With  Peter Schroeck gone that's Sam Hagons connection with kings Lynn also gone. I would like to see the talented youngster develop his skills elsewhere.

It appears not so. “King’s Lynn is a great club and I’ll still be coming along with young Sam Hagon and I am also good friends with my fellow countryman Erik Riss.”

10 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Talented riders will get track time and chances no matter who 'owns' their contract. I didn't see any real sense in Hagon signing on for Lynn anyway other than a few quid in his pocket. He could have remained a free agent until he decides to go for a CL place. 

7 hours ago, wtf said:

Ricky wells, well there's a reason no one included him from the start of the season, Heeps doesn't look fit, or fast or that interested.

Ricky Wells has had his best years some time back and does seem to manage one good ride in a match and then well..... Cameron Heeps certainly doesn't - and I echo your comment - look fit, fast or that interested. I don't blame Connor Mountain as we have to have a RS and there is no-one else better who is available.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, Haza said:

And there you have it in one you said it YOU DONT GO ANY MORE  now why don’t you ask your self why that is  ?and pass the answer on to the promotion it may just help them to attract ex fans back and even get the next generation interested . 

Five years ago - a group of us Stars Fans did just that and put together, after a lot of thought our feedback  ( that is constructive criticism ) and forwarded it to the KL Promotion. We did not even get the courtesy of a reply, even though what we put forward was also printed in the Speedway Star. None of us now attend regularly  - I will return, as I have said when I feel that it is safe for the Vulnerable Elderly ( me ) to do so. Two of our group have passed away ( not from Covid ) but they remained disillusioned to the end of their lives ( as I am ) even though we continued going very regularly. The proliferation of the dangerous Delta variant is not, of course the fault of any speedway promotion.

8 hours ago, wtf said:

I think you need to start looking at who built the team, who signed the riders. When you start bringing in riders quickly after the start of the season, you've got to start asking why they were left out, dropped, or not in other peoples teams from the start. Richard Lawson has been a good addition, I think Connor mountain is a cracking little rider but being asked to do an awful lot at the moment. Ricky wells, well there's a reason no one included him from the start of the season, Heeps doesn't look fit, or fast or that interested.

As for building a team spirit there. I think there's too many cooks stirring the pot. 

sneaky feeling Lawson might have been wanted from the start, but had to wait for Cook to go first, then swap things around that.

still a basis for a good team there, but the engine room needs a kick start

On 7/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, kelvinht said:

Good start point, but I'd also have Riss back. He's had a poor start by his standards, but will pick up at some point, when he's on it he is exciting to watch. He's not a number one though so slot him in at 4. Need a decent no.1 to lead the team if we can find one!!

Sounds like the start of a same ol same ol never learn.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, stevehone said:

sneaky feeling Lawson might have been wanted from the start, but had to wait for Cook to go first, then swap things around that.

still a basis for a good team there, but the engine room needs a kick start

Lawson would of fitted for Ty from the start, with Cookie in the team . Starting average  would of been  35.45 by my calculation;)

maybe they didn't want to be in the same team??

13 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Who knows Steve. Peter said Erik will be out another about 10 days , at the Panthers meeting on 01/07. But i've not heard any updates since?. Hope he is healing ok.

Maybe he isn't ready for the trip to Sheffield on Thurs, and is aiming for the 22nd at home to BV. Anyone heard any news?

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

As professional athletes they should ride with whoever the promotion choose!

On 7/12/2021 at 1:41 AM, szkocjasid said:

As professional athletes they should ride with whoever the promotion choose!

I think Lawson was destined to ride for Lynn but then Riss made himself available again and the club decided to sign Riss instead.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I think Lawson was destined to ride for Lynn but then Riss made himself available again and the club decided to sign Riss instead.  

We could of had both.

Cook 7.59

Riss 6.61

TJ 5.90

Lawson 5.64

Kerr 5.43

Bridger 4.28  or another up to 4.33

35.45  or 35.50

The top 5 + up to a 4.33 for Bridger would of been a pretty good team if they had stayed together :t:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that Lewi Kerr has come off social media because of abuse he's been getting  :blink:

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that Lewi Kerr has come off social media because of abuse he's been getting  :blink:

Thats disgusting. Everyone is guilty of questioning a riders suitability for a team position or the effort displayed during meetings and upon a discussions forum providing it doesn't get stupid or personal there is nothing wrong with that but to launch abuse against someone's personal or racing account is poor form especially a rider who has been such a dedicated servant to Kings Lynn over the years. I hope he wants away next season and his replacement is far worse.