Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn 2022

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that Lewi Kerr has come off social media because of abuse he's been getting  :blink:

Kerr is one of 3 current Stars riders that have upped their average so far from the start of the season, along with Lawson and TJ :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any Lynn fans want to watch a proper team, please remember that you will always be welcome at the Showground.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that Lewi Kerr has come off social media because of abuse he's been getting  :blink:

"King's Lynn fans" abusing the King's Lynn captain.

I would say this:

a) they don't represent me or the majority of King's Lynn people (or those in Weasenham - yes, I've been there, maybe twice) and

(b) in my book, they are not real Speedway fans.

It is shameful that people should do such a thing and they should take a good look at themselves in the mirror and ask: what sort of human being am I?

Mr Kerr will get an even bigger shout from me on Sunday when his name is announced at Arlington.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thats disgusting. Everyone is guilty of questioning a riders suitability for a team position or the effort displayed during meetings and upon a discussions forum providing it doesn't get stupid or personal there is nothing wrong with that but to launch abuse against someone's personal or racing account is poor form especially a rider who has been such a dedicated servant to Kings Lynn over the years. I hope he wants away next season and his replacement is far worse.

Like many of your posts that is completely OTT. Why would he or you want to punish the thousands of decent Lynn fans because of a few pillocks?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Lewis Kerr and he always comes across as a decent guy. It's riders like him that are making the British Leagues tick at the moment so good luck to him and if he was to achieve a rostrum place in the British Final I think it would mean a hell of a lot to him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Like many of your posts that is completely OTT. Why would he or you want to punish the thousands of decent Lynn fans because of a few pillocks?  

 

Now who's being OTT? thousands of Lynn fans? 

Not going to disagree that they are pillocks and sadly every clubs has them just some seem to think its ok to subject people to personal abuse over a sport team, there are clearly some disturbing voids in peoples lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that Lewi Kerr has come off social media because of abuse he's been getting  :blink:

This confuses me, while no-one deserves abuse not matter how poor their form is, in this case Lewis has been doing his job!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

in this case Lewis has been doing his job!

or more, as his average shows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevehone said:

or more, as his average shows.

Social media seems to be getting (or is already) out of hand - whether this is as a direct result of the last 18 months and the numerous lockdowns people have had to live through  or down to the fact that the general culture appears to now be one of “shock” comments to illicit arguments/fear which can only be described as feral behaviour (as witnessed by the backlash against the 3 England penalty takers who failed to score on Sunday and so called fans with the underperforming KL team and many more). 

It definitely needs sorting to turn this emerging culture back to “friendly banter” - which I’m sure was its original intention.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Social media seems to be getting (or is already) out of hand - whether this is as a direct result of the last 18 months and the numerous lockdowns people have had to live through  or down to the fact that the general culture appears to now be one of “shock” comments to illicit arguments/fear which can only be described as feral behaviour (as witnessed by the backlash against the 3 England penalty takers who failed to score on Sunday and so called fans with the underperforming KL team and many more). 

It definitely needs sorting to turn this emerging culture back to “friendly banter” - which I’m sure was its original intention.
 

 

Dont think banter is a thing anymore we live in a society where everyone is offended, take away the vile stuff across social media, people still can't take any form of humour

During the euros a lady friend on facebook (After England beat Denmark) was posting about the Danish keeper who plays for Leicester so she is obviously a supporter of Leicester, how she felt sorry for him etc despite him knocking England before the game,a few of her mates made this point clear and when she asked what else can she talk about

I asked "what is your top 5 recommended cleaning products" knowing she knows my juvenile nature yet the absolute venom I had back from herself never mind her friends was eye boggling lol even with as many laughing emojis to make it obvious people just are boring as watching Lynn (at present).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that Lewi Kerr has come off social media because of abuse he's been getting  :blink:

:blink:

The question for me, is it Lynn fans because he's been doing well for Lynn or Eastbourne, don't know how he's going for them?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

:blink:

The question for me, is it Lynn fans because he's been doing well for Lynn or Eastbourne, don't know how he's going for them?? 

Lewi is doing ok in both. Starting GSA for the Stars 5.43.  Lastest GSA 5.81.

Eastie. Starting GSA 7.34.  Latest GSA 7.57.

Doing his job i'd say :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Considering he busted his collarbone & was back riding 2 weeks later, he's doing bloody brilliantly.

Very much appreciated at Arlington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We very much appreciate him at Lynn, he's a good, brave guy and was on top form before his broken collarbone. He needs time to get back to that, the absolute idiots out there only see black and white.  And however much Lewi puts it to the back of his mind their black words hurt :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lewi is doing ok in both. Starting GSA for the Stars 5.43.  Lastest GSA 5.81.

Eastie. Starting GSA 7.34.  Latest GSA 7.57.

Doing his job i'd say :t:

I don't get why he's getting personal grief then, unless as captain, it's something to do with the team overall being battered by fans & taking it personally?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy