British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

When you have riders like Scott who in fairness guests regularly and in most cases in a joy to watch as rider, given that he has no allegiance to any other team other than those he signed up for, why does no one want to see individual meetings with similar calibre of riders rather than just league meetings. The GPS provide entertainment and in years gone by many individual meetings offered up great competitive racing yet today’s league racing is feast and famine when it comes to quality of entertainment. I really wish a few punters would give the individual race format a chance and get behind riders rather than teams just as they use to in the 70’s and 80’s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

More consistent. Was excellent at Poole last week and Peterborough.

And nearly down to reserve for the Panthers but Chris Harris has beat him to it 

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is so little difference between Premier and championship. I think Poole could beat this KL team with a their championship team. Seriously.

I can see Poole 7 points up with two races to go and then conceding two 5-1.   :D

18 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Jake Allen fell but our esteemed commentators referred to Connor. That was all I was saying. 

If you say so

Wow,,,, if you have the biggest balls that track is there to be raced,,, fair play TJ. 

Heeps and Stewart v Cook and Starke,,,,,,, come on seriously 

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

When you have riders like Scott who in fairness guests regularly and in most cases in a joy to watch as rider, given that he has no allegiance to any other team other than those he signed up for, why does no one want to see individual meetings with similar calibre of riders rather than just league meetings. The GPS provide entertainment and in years gone by many individual meetings offered up great competitive racing yet today’s league racing is feast and famine when it comes to quality of entertainment. I really wish a few punters would give the individual race format a chance and get behind riders rather than teams just as they use to in the 70’s and 80’s.

Quite agree.. 

They can't do Team Speedway with any degree of integrity, credibility and kudos, so why not pump all their huge investment into putting up some big individual prize purses, promote the meetings accordingly, and get lads riding each night of similar ability in each race.. 

They are truly 'flogging a dead horse' by, year in year out, putting out a different version of the same old nonsense that they put out the year before..

The annual reduction of fans being a clear rejection of what they put out...

The spectacle of the sport is on a par excitement wise with any other and much more exciting than most...

So they should just sell that...

I, sitting here at home in Poole, said it would start raining and they should get on with it. They have had two add breaks, two interviews and a report from Monmore. 

clearly, the rain keeps marching in. If they don’t get to heat 15 it would be a disgrace.

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

Has Chris Louis paid cam heeps to be rubbish tonight or something ! 

Can only presume wearing the colours of both clubs has confused him...  :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Has Chris Louis paid cam heeps to be rubbish tonight or something ! 

Still even have his Ipswich kevlars on .....

Cams best Ipswich performance of the season :D

• Like 2

Wonder when the next changes will be happening wells heeps mountain out  they are about a useful as a wet paper bag 

Has anyone ever seen Heeps and Proctor in the same room?:blink:

• Haha 2

I remember, and not so long ago either, Nigel would often say prior to Heat 13 each week..

"This could be a Grand Prix Final line up Kelv".. :rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv

25 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Personally I've got no interest in individual meetings. I support a team, not individual riders.

When I go to a meeting to watch my team I have an emotional investment in it. Each to their own.

• Like 4