British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

It seems to be beyond the comprehension of some people that in a league competition someone finishes at the bottom. This year it will be Kings Lynn. As a neutral I can only say thanks fro the match.tonight. There was some good racing from both sides.

For Stars fans I can only say that if you don't support your team when they are going through a bad patch then you are very fickle fans. I supported Coventry and would love then to be bottom of the league! If you were nearer to me I'd be going every week.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I wasn't absolutely sure that Scott touched the tapes in heat 1. I was sure that Steve Worrall did. Either way, one of them had to go. The only question was, "Which one?".

The only decision that makes no sense at all is all 4 back. I'm glad I wasn't trying to explain that decision to someone who had never seen seedway before. 

Nothing against Scotty Nicholls but i believe the rule regarding guest riders is that you can't guest at a track if you have ridden there within 8 days prior or are going to ride there within 8 days after. Scotty was there Thursday riding for his club Peterboro.

Edited by TINYS
forgot something

32 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

I remember 1986 when Lynn lost every home meeting although they did win two away!

How many home matches was it then ?

4 minutes ago, bluebee said:

I supported Coventry and would love them to be bottom of the league!

There are a few of the faithful, me included, still hoping for Brandon to reopen.

And yes, I have supported the Bees through thick and thin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

How many home matches was it then ?

Ten home matches in 1986 all lost by Lynn

Two away wins at Swindon and Reading though!

Well that was pretty abject from Stars despite the Witches book a Belle Vue second string to guest for a former world champion.

Jorgensen had a moment, Lawson was solid enough, the guesting Panther was the best Star and wasn't in heat 15?  Hope Mountain isn't injured long term.  Wells, Kerr & Heeps wee atrocious.

The post meeting interview with Stars team manager was inspiring.

20 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Ten home matches in 1986 all lost by Lynn

Two away wins at Swindon and Reading though!

They had the League Cup back then as well, which was done in a league format for the first part of the season. Lynn did a bit better in that with a couple of home wins and a couple of home draws.

Was it shown on Eurosport 2, as I set my recorder, but nothing has recorded?

If you want racing like in Poland maybe the promoters could prepare the tracks like Poland, and have there riders practicing whenever they like.   rubbish tracks rubbish racing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Yes it was

7 hours ago, Mimmo said:

You can watch the highlights on Quest at 11pm tonight (tues)

1 minute ago, Rickyb said:

You can watch the highlights on Quest at 11pm tonight (tues)

Will show the whole  heat 1 episode... then another 4 heats if lucky....

Assuming that the ref had the ability to view the Eurosport footage  in heat 1,  what a farcical decision to put all 4 back.

Nicholls touched the tapes first and Worrall followed on. Fortunately , the non exclusion Of Nicholls did not alter the overall result.

11 hours ago, pubichair said:

Hopefully allit and Peter have nothing to do with team building next season  absolute useless 

100%