British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

Why do I have more confidence in our Eurovision entry scoring than most of our guests? I wonder what the plan is for Thursday is Anders going to ride and is it another guest or Mr Crump? 

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ipswich rider of the night - gave me something to cheer on a night where I've never been less enthused by a Witches win over Kings Lynn

Still won't be attending on Thursday  - the first home meeting I will voluntarily miss in 35 years......

Use it or lose it don't  whinge when it's gone :nono:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GAH said:

Having only 6 teams in the top division...doesn't really matter if Ipswich were to get 5000 fans, wouldnt make much difference to the grand scheme of things.  If British speedway was a pet it would be put out of its misery soon. 

It's really nice to read so many positive posts on here, I can understand why the sport is doing so well in East Anglia. 

45 minutes ago, GAH said:

Promoter's have only themselves to blame

I have have only been to Kings Lynn once back in the 80's, but I am confused by the grilling which appears to encircle the track.  Do you really have to watch the action peering through little square holes?

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

He might be riding for both teams...

Don't even suggest that in jest, because if the powers that be see it...

12 hours ago, mikebv said:

Quite agree.. 

They can't do Team Speedway with any degree of integrity, credibility and kudos, so why not pump all their huge investment into putting up some big individual prize purses, promote the meetings accordingly, and get lads riding each night of similar ability in each race.. 

They are truly 'flogging a dead horse' by, year in year out, putting out a different version of the same old nonsense that they put out the year before..

The annual reduction of fans being a clear rejection of what they put out...

The spectacle of the sport is on a par excitement wise with any other and much more exciting than most...

So they should just sell that...

I suggested that last year for running the British Championship, it's certainly something I'd go to watch. Every British track to stage a round with a final to be held at the end of the season at the NSS

51 minutes ago, GAH said:

That's a pathetic mantra often trotted out

That's like saying eat at a restaurant serving sliced dog sh!te or you will regret it when it closes

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That's a pathetic mantra often trotted out

That's like saying eat at a restaurant serving sliced dog sh!te or you will regret it when it closes

Dont worry, dont expect any form of rational thought from GAH. 

1 hour ago, cuckootoyou said:

Why do I have more confidence in our Eurovision entry scoring than most of our guests? I wonder what the plan is for Thursday is Anders going to ride and is it another guest or Mr Crump? 

I’d personally like to see the club bite the bullet and tinker with the side again. Crump was making a decent fist of it before his crash, but 8 broken ribs isn’t easy or quick to come back from especially at his age.  

With restrictions easing maybe a few that didn’t want to come over at the start of the season, could now be persuaded? The season is dead already from an Ipswich perspective, so try out another couple of riders with next year in mind. 

The likes of Rowe and Starke have been real plus points, try and find a couple more. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

I have have only been to Kings Lynn once back in the 80's, but I am confused by the grilling which appears to encircle the track.  Do you really have to watch the action peering through little square holes?

Unfortunately so, its part of the regulations for the stadium to hold stock cars and bangers due to some poor soul being killed by a stray wheel at Ipswich several years ago. Not ideal but you get used to it.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately so, its part of the regulations for the stadium to hold stock cars and bangers due to some poor soul being killed by a stray wheel at Ipswich several years ago. Not ideal but you get used to it.

There was also a youngster killed in the crowd around the sametime at Wisbech struck by a wheel that had come adrift from a car 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't even suggest that in jest, because if the powers that be see it...

I suggested that last year for running the British Championship, it's certainly something I'd go to watch. Every British track to stage a round with a final to be held at the end of the season at the NSS

And 18 clubs put £20k in each to give it a big prize fund to advertise...

They haven't got the money?

£20k over even a small 20 league match per team season is just £1k less spent per night than they currently spend which when divided up between 14 riders is 'peanuts'. (A smidge over £71 each per night)..

I am sure these lads would lose "just a few quid'' each meeting to race several times in qualifiers, earning a few quid each night, with the opportunity to qualify for a cut of a £360k prize pot. (Maybe two semis @£90k and a £180k final?)..

Every track could advertise the £360k as the grand prize when they have their own rounds (even though the money that night will be much smaller, it's never a bad thing to use some hype), and the overall beauty of it is that they are paying this amount of money out now but without any publicity or positive impact to crowd levels..

Who knows? The more savvy promoters might actually promote the event properly, get a big crowd, and use it to advertise and push their own team racing at the same time..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Heeps must have been doped, nobody could be that bad.  

He was better than that 4 days earlier when the Panthers came to Lynn. Rode for Ippo imho

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

That is for protection re stock car meetings where they often have the World final